Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-20-2018, 10:16 AM  
MVP

Sleep Paralysis

Has anyone suffered from this? Last night I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't move and I tried to yell but nothing came out. It was the most terrifying experience of my life.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-20-2018, 10:21 AM   #2
I'll be back.

Yes but only mild.

Sleep paralysis is the explanation for why people believed in the succubus, demons, ghosts and today, alien abduction.

https://www.livescience.com/56422-sl...-cultures.html

Quote:
In certain parts of Brazil, for example, there are folkloric tales of a creature with long fingernails that lurks on people's rooftops during the night. The creature, called "Pisadeira," comes into a person's house and tramples on the chests of those who sleep, according to the review. [7 Mind-Bending Facts About Dreams]

Catalonia, a region in Spain, has the tale of the "Pesanta," a black animal, often a dog or a cat, that invades people's homes and sits on their chests while they are asleep, making it difficult to breathe and causing nightmares, the authors wrote.

In Newfoundland, Canada, it's the "Old Hag" that comes and sits on a sleeping person. And among an ethnic group in Vietnam and Laos, a "pressing spirit" sits on sleepers' chests and tries to asphyxiate them, the researchers found.

The idea of a weight holding someone down is also reflected in the terminology used in Mexico to describe sleep paralysis, according to the review. Translated from Spanish, the phrase means "a dead body climbed on top of me."

Some cultures use tales of spells cast by shamans or summoners to explain sleep paralysis.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2018, 10:21 AM   #3
Mod Team

Only that time I was buried under that Hog I picked up from the bar last night.

/Billay
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 10:27 AM   #4
Gimme My Berries Back!

Never heard of it before. Sounds like paralysis from terror. Were you having a nightmare?

I talk and walk around asleep I am told, but I never remember it when I wake up. Once I rearranged furniture—no memory of that either. All my shoes on top of my lampshades and bureau trying to save them from some flood was one I remembered the next day. Another time, I had all by business paperwork shoved into my lingerie draw when my former loft-studio was above my home. How the heck I got up there in my sleep is a mystery to this day.
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2018, 10:30 AM   #5
Veteran

I had it the first time in high school. I have a fear of the classic alien type grey creature. In my dream one walked in my classroom and turned and looked at me, I woke up, unable to move, scared shitless. After a minute or so I could move and I didn't know what happened, I didn't know if I had been abducted or what. I looked it up and was glad it was fairly common.

Now I've had it maybe 5 or 10 times total, most of which are waking up from a scary dream, and I'm not scared of it anymore, it's cool trying to move your arm but you can't. I don't get any of the 'dark figure sitting on me' things.
Jerok Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jerok Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jerok Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jerok Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jerok Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jerok Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jerok Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jerok Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jerok Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jerok Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jerok Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-20-2018, 11:17 AM   #6
You Sweetie!

I've had it - but it's been many, many years. You should check out The Nightmare documentary on netflix - it'll help you get them under control.
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2018, 11:28 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
I've had it - but it's been many, many years. You should check out The Nightmare documentary on netflix - it'll help you get them under control.
I believe it's the first or maybe second time it has happened. Absolutely horrible. I tried so hard to move it just wasn't happening. I'll have to check that out though!
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-20-2018, 11:29 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
Never heard of it before. Sounds like paralysis from terror. Were you having a nightmare?

I talk and walk around asleep I am told, but I never remember it when I wake up. Once I rearranged furniture—no memory of that either. All my shoes on top of my lampshades and bureau trying to save them from some flood was one I remembered the next day. Another time, I had all by business paperwork shoved into my lingerie draw when my former loft-studio was above my home. How the heck I got up there in my sleep is a mystery to this day.
Nope. I mean maybe I was and I just don't remember. Was just really scary.
Old 05-20-2018, 11:30 AM   #9
Hello

It’s happened to me a few times during a nightmare, then I see someThing run across the room or the ceiling and i try to yell but can’t. Been a lot of years since one though.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2018, 11:54 AM   #10
MVP

Are you sure it wasn't a dream right before waking up? Sounds terrifying

I wake up suddenly because I stop taking breaths. I will wake up with a gigantic gasp.

Last edited by JakeF; 05-20-2018 at 02:19 PM..
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-20-2018, 11:56 AM   #11
Spooky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
Has anyone suffered from this? Last night I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't move and I tried to yell but nothing came out. It was the most terrifying experience of my life.
I’ve had this most of my life. Only happens rarely and mostly only when I’m asleep on my back. Still takes effort not to panic when it’s happening.
EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-20-2018, 11:58 AM   #12
Snacks Are Under My Apron

was Billay standing over top of you taunting?
threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2018, 12:00 PM   #13
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

I think when I had alcohol poisoning
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2018, 12:04 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by threebag02 View Post
was Billay standing over top of you taunting?
Billay doesn't come around ever since I beat the shit out of him
Old 05-20-2018, 12:21 PM   #15

I've had it but it's been awhile. Sometimes wake up and can't move, but will hear some weird sound or see a light turn on in the hallway. My sister has terrifying bouts with it.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.