Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

View Poll Results: The name that I use on an everyday basis is based on the following system:
I go by the exact first name that is on my birth certificate (e.g., Michael, James, Catherine) 60 44.44%
I go by a common shortened version of the name that is on my birth certificate (e.g., Mike, Jim, Cathy) 51 37.78%
I go by a nickname that is based on the name that is on my birth certificate (e.g., Mikey, Jimbo, Cat) 4 2.96%
I go by the middle name that is on my birth certificate (e.g., Delano, Milhous, Hussein) 8 5.93%
I go by a nickname that is based on my last name (e.g., Jonesy, Gonzo) 1 0.74%
I go by some variant of my first and middle name combined (e.g., Jim Bob, Billy Joe, Peggy Sue) 0 0%
I go by a nickname that is unrelated to any name on my birth certificate and is based on physical attributes (e.g., Red, Shorty, Chesty) 1 0.74%
I go by a nickname that is unrelated to my birth certificate and is not physically descriptive (e.g., Scooter, Glitter, Hacksaw) 3 2.22%
I go by an alias that has nothing to do with my birth name (e.g., John Doe, Lord Fantasius of Sparkleberry Manor) 0 0%
My name fits none of these categories. I will explain below. 6 4.44%
I don’t have a name. I live in a dystopian future world where we are referred to by number. 1 0.74%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-17-2018, 11:50 AM  
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Tell me about your first name.

When you introduce yourself to someone, what do you want them to call you? Is it the name that's on your birth certificate? A nickname? A shortened version or your formal name? Do you just make up different names on the spur of the moment, leading to a web of deceit where you can never see more than one acquaintance at a time?

Poll coming as soon as I can properly introduce it.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-18-2018, 11:11 AM   #91
Go Beavers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Kristen is a great name, but for some reason when I meet a Kristen or a Kirsten I can never remember whether it's one or the other.
My wife's name is Kristin and people are constantly misspelling it with an e or calling her Kirsten or Christina. Strangely, no one ever calls her Kris or Krissy, me included.

For me, my grandpa, my dad, me and my oldest son all have the same first name and different middle names. My grandpa went by his first name and the rest go by our middle names. My dad did use his first name professionally and so did I in the Army and in college, where it was difficult to inform people that I don't use that name. In the Army, it was weird because my friends would call me by my middle name and everyone else called me by my first name.
Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-18-2018, 11:19 AM   #92
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

I don't understand how some of you have different names for different people. My name is my identity, and it has to be consistent or I'll cease to exist.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-18-2018, 11:51 AM   #93
Go Beavers!

Quote:
I don't understand how some of you have different names for different people. My name is my identity, and it has to be consistent or I'll cease to exist.
My middle name is my identity. My friends and family all call me that. People that call me by my first name are more formal relationships and it is no different that someone calling me Mr. Lastname.
Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-18-2018, 11:54 AM   #94
Trippin' BAWLZ

It's a good one, let me tell you that
DaNewGuy 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DaNewGuy 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DaNewGuy 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DaNewGuy 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DaNewGuy 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DaNewGuy 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DaNewGuy 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DaNewGuy 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DaNewGuy 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DaNewGuy 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DaNewGuy 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-18-2018, 12:45 PM   #95
MY LITTLE #15

This thread, for some reason, reminds me of a weird name situation in my boyfriend's family. His grandpa was Frederick Lewis. His dad is Fredrick Louis. I guess they didn't want a junior. His grandpa went by Fred, and his dad goes by Rick. The similar name, although spelled different, has given his dad a lot of headaches over the years. My boyfriend and our son share his dad's spelling of the middle name Louis.
luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-18-2018, 01:05 PM   #96
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
My middle name is my identity. My friends and family all call me that. People that call me by my first name are more formal relationships and it is no different that someone calling me Mr. Lastname.
Well, that's a good point. I guess I can be Rain or I can be Mr. Man.
Old 05-18-2018, 01:15 PM   #97
King Shit of **** Mountain

Quote:
Middle name usage is much less common than I expected. For some reason, I thought that more than 5 percent of people would go by their middle name.
My mother goes by her middle name. I'll see if I can get her to sign up and take the poll.
Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-18-2018, 01:53 PM   #98
Sandbox: Leander Lasercats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dole View Post
My mother goes by her middle name. I'll see if I can get her to sign up and take the poll.
My mothers first name is Myrna. She goes by her middle name!
Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 05-18-2018, 06:23 PM   #99
King Shit of **** Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrae View Post
My mothers first name is Myrna. She goes by her middle name!
I have an aunt named Myrna.

Hey wait a minute! Oh wait. I've met you IRL.

My mother's name is Lelia. She hates it.
Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-19-2018, 08:42 AM   #100
Happy Easter!

My mother was on a kick with comic strip character's names.
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-19-2018, 09:01 AM   #101
The 23rd Pillar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
My mother was on a kick with comic strip character's names.
Which comic strip character are you named after? Brenda Starr? Lucy? Lacy Davenport?
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-19-2018, 09:05 AM   #102
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
Which comic strip character are you named after? Brenda Starr? Lucy? Lacy Davenport?
Li(e)nus
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-19-2018, 09:10 AM   #103
MVP

Quote:
I figured if anyone had a stage name, it would be Rain Man.
Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-19-2018, 09:20 AM   #104
Snacks Are Under My Apron

Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
I go by a nickname. Tobi with an i, with an accent over the i and a little line over the o, so you know it's a long vowel sound and not a short one. And sometimes I like to dot the i with a little smiley face or a heart or something. Something to brighten the reader's day.
Kunta Kinte?
threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-19-2018, 09:44 AM   #105
Immanentize The Eschaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by threebag02 View Post
Kunta Kinte?

Shaka Zulu.
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.