Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: The name that I use on an everyday basis is based on the following system:
I go by the exact first name that is on my birth certificate (e.g., Michael, James, Catherine) 60 44.44%
I go by a common shortened version of the name that is on my birth certificate (e.g., Mike, Jim, Cathy) 51 37.78%
I go by a nickname that is based on the name that is on my birth certificate (e.g., Mikey, Jimbo, Cat) 4 2.96%
I go by the middle name that is on my birth certificate (e.g., Delano, Milhous, Hussein) 8 5.93%
I go by a nickname that is based on my last name (e.g., Jonesy, Gonzo) 1 0.74%
I go by some variant of my first and middle name combined (e.g., Jim Bob, Billy Joe, Peggy Sue) 0 0%
I go by a nickname that is unrelated to any name on my birth certificate and is based on physical attributes (e.g., Red, Shorty, Chesty) 1 0.74%
I go by a nickname that is unrelated to my birth certificate and is not physically descriptive (e.g., Scooter, Glitter, Hacksaw) 3 2.22%
I go by an alias that has nothing to do with my birth name (e.g., John Doe, Lord Fantasius of Sparkleberry Manor) 0 0%
My name fits none of these categories. I will explain below. 6 4.44%
I don’t have a name. I live in a dystopian future world where we are referred to by number. 1 0.74%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-17-2018, 11:50 AM  
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Tell me about your first name.

When you introduce yourself to someone, what do you want them to call you? Is it the name that's on your birth certificate? A nickname? A shortened version or your formal name? Do you just make up different names on the spur of the moment, leading to a web of deceit where you can never see more than one acquaintance at a time?

Poll coming as soon as I can properly introduce it.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-17-2018, 05:59 PM   #61
My Mamma Says

I have a unusual first name... it was a source of dread and embarrassment in grade school because it was similar to a local restaurants name I was made fun of till High School.. Then girls discovered they liked the “unusualness” of it and I took full advantage of that
Now it gets miss pronounced or mistaken for another name... I have only met one other person with my first name and unfortunately he has passed away...
There are times I wish I was named Tom or Bob or something simple...
Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-17-2018, 06:02 PM   #62
May Day and Spring 2024!

I go by my first name Shelby! As it is the name of the late Chad Everett's wife. Who also passed away. Born in Vietnam and adopted. Plus my middle name is Thuy Linh a Vietnamese name.
Passepartout is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPassepartout is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPassepartout is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPassepartout is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPassepartout is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPassepartout is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPassepartout is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPassepartout is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPassepartout is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPassepartout is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPassepartout is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 05-17-2018, 06:17 PM   #63
Thread I will end you.......

People are always trying to shorten my name. I hate that...
digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-17-2018, 06:51 PM   #64
Mod Team

I'm. Gay.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-17-2018, 06:57 PM   #65
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passepartout View Post
I go by my first name Shelby! As it is the name of the late Chad Everett's wife. Who also passed away. Born in Vietnam and adopted. Plus my middle name is Thuy Linh a Vietnamese name.
Did Chad Everett's wife save your mom's life, or was she just a really big fan?
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-17-2018, 06:58 PM   #66
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
I'm. Gay.
Have you considered going by your middle name instead?
Old 05-17-2018, 07:33 PM   #67
Cast Iron Jedi

Kinda depends on who they are. If I expect to have some kind of at least passing relationship of any sort, it’s the common shortened version of my name. If I don’t know them or expect to really get to know them better, it’s my formal name.

In print, it’s always my full first name.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:06 PM   #68
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
What’s 459?
It was my number when I was a kid racing dirt bikes, then turned into part of my call sign later in life
Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:19 PM   #69
Supporter

I always introduce myself with my first name. My family and wife, commonly use a couple nicknames I have based on my middle name. I really have no preference.
Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:39 PM   #70
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Middle name usage is much less common than I expected. For some reason, I thought that more than 5 percent of people would go by their middle name.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:45 PM   #71
Gimme My Berries Back!

I go by a nickname.
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-17-2018, 09:36 PM   #72
Supporter

Who told you about Sparkleberry Manor?
Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-17-2018, 09:39 PM   #73
MVP

Every time I see this thread, I read it as "tell me about your first time", which would probably be a much more interesting poll...
Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.
Old 05-17-2018, 09:40 PM   #74
Gimme My Berries Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shag View Post
Every time I see this thread, I read it as "tell me about your first time", which would probably be a much more interesting poll...
Well with a screen name like "Shag" is there any wonder why you'd say that?
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-17-2018, 09:41 PM   #75
MVP

I was named after Frankie Carbone, the guy who was frozen in Goodfellas.
Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.