Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

View Poll Results: The name that I use on an everyday basis is based on the following system:
I go by the exact first name that is on my birth certificate (e.g., Michael, James, Catherine) 60 44.44%
I go by a common shortened version of the name that is on my birth certificate (e.g., Mike, Jim, Cathy) 51 37.78%
I go by a nickname that is based on the name that is on my birth certificate (e.g., Mikey, Jimbo, Cat) 4 2.96%
I go by the middle name that is on my birth certificate (e.g., Delano, Milhous, Hussein) 8 5.93%
I go by a nickname that is based on my last name (e.g., Jonesy, Gonzo) 1 0.74%
I go by some variant of my first and middle name combined (e.g., Jim Bob, Billy Joe, Peggy Sue) 0 0%
I go by a nickname that is unrelated to any name on my birth certificate and is based on physical attributes (e.g., Red, Shorty, Chesty) 1 0.74%
I go by a nickname that is unrelated to my birth certificate and is not physically descriptive (e.g., Scooter, Glitter, Hacksaw) 3 2.22%
I go by an alias that has nothing to do with my birth name (e.g., John Doe, Lord Fantasius of Sparkleberry Manor) 0 0%
My name fits none of these categories. I will explain below. 6 4.44%
I don’t have a name. I live in a dystopian future world where we are referred to by number. 1 0.74%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-17-2018, 11:50 AM  
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Tell me about your first name.

When you introduce yourself to someone, what do you want them to call you? Is it the name that's on your birth certificate? A nickname? A shortened version or your formal name? Do you just make up different names on the spur of the moment, leading to a web of deceit where you can never see more than one acquaintance at a time?

Poll coming as soon as I can properly introduce it.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-17-2018, 01:02 PM   #16
New and Improved

God Damnit ..... ...... ........

I had 5 names growing up, according to my mom.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-17-2018, 01:02 PM   #17
MVP

My Dad wanted to name me after his uncle, my mom wanted to name me what's on my bc. So my mom got to name me but everyone calls me what my dad wanted to name me.
raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-17-2018, 01:03 PM   #18
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graystoke View Post
DAMIT!

NO!
Nicknamed clit?
tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-17-2018, 01:03 PM   #19
MVP

Not on your poll, so picked "fit none of these categories."

Both my sister and I have always been called a nickname from our middle name. ****ing parents need to be flogged for that shit btw. ****ing give your kid a first name you are going to use.
Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-17-2018, 01:06 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graystoke View Post
Everybody calls me by my last name.
I descended from Robin Hood and Little John.
Those two made a kid together?
raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-17-2018, 01:08 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybec 4 View Post
Those two made a kid together?
I always thought they were both dudes. Who knew?
tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-17-2018, 01:09 PM   #22
Blame it on the Henne

Interesting question. As I have gotten older and meet people in casual situations I pay less attention when they say their name and flat out say "I'll remember virtually everything about you to a t except your name". My view is a name is just something trivial your parents puked up when you were a baby and is extremely subjective depending on what is popular at the time (ie Jenny, David, Thomas, Sarah, and now Kaitlyn, Hailey, Emma) which is assigned from birth with an exaggerated significance attached to it. If I met Kevy here in person with a blank slate, I would love to hear about relevant data extrapolated from a sea of information and all his other various quirks and unique qualities. "Kevin" is the least interesting thing about him in my mind and the last thing I would devote any energy to after the fact. Rainman is a thousand times more accurate as it basically states: severely overclocked upstairs, hilarious, and absolutely quirky and unique.

However, I do love it when an incredibly bright or interesting person was saddled with Tiffany/Tammy/Chad etc, the irony makes it hilarious to me for whatever reason.
COchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.COchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.COchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.COchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.COchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.COchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.COchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.COchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.COchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.COchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.COchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 05-17-2018, 01:09 PM   #23
Resident Glue Sniffer

Hello everyone, I am a park ranger and I will be leading you on the tour. All of the park rangers were, at one time, guards, myself included. My name is John Johnson but everyone here calls me "Vicky".
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-17-2018, 01:11 PM   #24
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumppy View Post
God Damnit ..... ...... ........

I had 5 names growing up, according to my mom.
So did I. Well, not that many. Whenever I got in trouble mom would yell my sisters name, then my brothers name then the dogs name (Chief), before she got to mine.
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-17-2018, 01:13 PM   #25
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrae View Post
I have the same first name as Rainman. Always kind of hated that there is no real option for shortening it (NO, that is not acceptable!). For this reason I wished for a long time to have been given the name James. So many options (not as many as William or Richard though)!
I kind of like have a non-shortenable name myself, but then again I'm the type of guy who would use the formal version of my name anyway. I'd be the guy constantly saying, "My name is not Ted. It's Theodore."

That said, I like it when people cut the last syllable off of my name. It implies fondness and familiarity. I think only one person in my life has ever done it, which tells me a lot about my charm.

Last edited by Rain Man; 05-17-2018 at 01:18 PM..
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-17-2018, 01:16 PM   #26
Constable of Untruths

My first and middle initials are J. I have always been called J or JJ.
LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-17-2018, 01:18 PM   #27
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by COchief View Post
Interesting question. As I have gotten older and meet people in casual situations I pay less attention when they say their name and flat out say "I'll remember virtually everything about you to a t except your name". My view is a name is just something trivial your parents puked up when you were a baby and is extremely subjective depending on what is popular at the time (ie Jenny, David, Thomas, Sarah, and now Kaitlyn, Hailey, Emma) which is assigned from birth with an exaggerated significance attached to it. If I met Kevy here in person with a blank slate, I would love to hear about relevant data extrapolated from a sea of information and all his other various quirks and unique qualities. "Kevin" is the least interesting thing about him in my mind and the last thing I would devote any energy to after the fact. Rainman is a thousand times more accurate as it basically states: severely overclocked upstairs, hilarious, and absolutely quirky and unique.

However, I do love it when an incredibly bright or interesting person was saddled with Tiffany/Tammy/Chad etc, the irony makes it hilarious to me for whatever reason.

If you like, you can call me Kev. But nobody ever does.

Like you, I also find incongruous names funny, but pretty much only with children. There'll be some bratty kid running around, and you'll hear the parent say, "Atticus! Stop eating that feces!" or "Victoria! Don't bite Wilhelmina!" Maybe the name will fit when the kid's an adult, but sometimes they really don't match the kid.
Old 05-17-2018, 01:18 PM   #28
New and Improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptlyon View Post
So did I. Well, not that many. Whenever I got in trouble mom would yell my sisters name, then my brothers name then the dogs name (Chief), before she got to mine.
I catch myself doing that now.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-17-2018, 01:18 PM   #29
Constable of Untruths

Quote:
Originally Posted by COchief View Post

So when you see someone you've met previously and can't remember their name do you just call them man or lady during conversation?
LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-17-2018, 01:18 PM   #30
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooge View Post
I always thought they were both dudes. Who knew?
Didn't you see how they dressed?
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.