Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 03-29-2018, 09:38 AM  
You Sweetie!

-- Let's talk about counting calories & routine

Hi Guys,

I'm up to a 36 waist - thanks to Del Taco and a few others. As well as eating pretty poorly over the last year, or so.

I'm on a strict regimen now and doing a three week diet and then merging it into a new way of life. I have a history of eating well (normally) - but, again; have been quite clumsy over the past year or so.

My plan is to limit myself to 1100 calories a day the first week, then up to 1200 the second week, and then stay on or around 1500 calories as the norm, with one cheat day per week.

After the third week - I'll get back into some sort of exercise, which too will be part of the new 'way of life'

In this thread I'd like to discuss food ideas for assisting myself (& others) with weight loss.

Since Monday I've not gone above 1100 calories/daily - I have eaten oatmeal, oranges, bananas, hard-boiled eggs and in closing, in the evening - I'll eat one of the Chick Fil A Spicy, grilled chicken wraps w/o dressing (350 cals)

I'm open to ideas - but the goal is - finding items that are a little less common and more creative.

Please assist at your leisure - anyone else need assistance or interested in jumping aboard, I welcome it.

Thanks again

Last edited by Simply Red; 03-29-2018 at 09:45 AM..
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-29-2018, 12:01 PM   #61
Ith Fuhtbawl Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayze View Post
my only problem with a Vegan diet is the whole eating vegetables part.
other than that, I would totally be down for it.
That was my rub too. Turns out when you'll put a little effort into them, and actually try them, there's some really good ones out there.

Brussel sprouts in a grill over indirect heat with olive oil drizzled over them and lots of smoke are delicious. The oil takes in the smoke and it's crazy good. I had no idea cause to me grills were for meat.
Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-29-2018, 12:04 PM   #62
Emporer of Mongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewbies View Post
Brussel sprouts in a grill over indirect heat with olive oil drizzled over them and lots of smoke are delicious. The oil takes in the smoke and it's crazy good. I had no idea cause to me grills were for meat.
i really like them too

when i am lazy i split them and roast them at about 475, until they are soft and even a little charred right in the oven, with the drizzle. hell yah man

i like to grill cauliflower and onions and potatoes too

green onions

carrots
etc
Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-29-2018, 12:10 PM   #63
Would an idiot do that?

I started keto with this link and used the calculator to figure out calories/day and how much I'd lose, etc.... regardless of going keto, I thought the calculator was useful.

https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/wiki/faq

I use the LoseIt app, don't know how much better/worse it is than MyFitnessPal... it lets you scan in food with barcodes, which is pretty nice, and gives you a daily and weekly breakdown of nutrition.

I think that level of tracking is the best thing someone can do... I've known a lot of people who start exercising and cutting out certain foods, etc; but don't track calories and then get frustrated when they aren't losing weight.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-29-2018, 12:11 PM   #64
Ith Fuhtbawl Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawnmower View Post
i really like them too

when i am lazy i split them and roast them at about 475, until they are soft and even a little charred right in the oven, with the drizzle. hell yah man

i like to grill cauliflower and onions and potatoes too

green onions

carrots
etc
That reminds me, my wife made some buffalo cauliflower in the oven, put shredded salad all over the top with that whole 30 avocado ranch dressing and that shit was the bomb.

And I don't like cauliflower.
Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-29-2018, 12:13 PM   #65
Emporer of Mongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewbies View Post
That reminds me, my wife made some buffalo cauliflower in the oven, put shredded salad all over the top with that whole 30 avocado ranch dressing and that shit was the bomb.

And I don't like cauliflower.
next time u have your grill going indirect smoke, take some chopped up cauliflower and onions and a few like yukon potato chunks, drizzle with olive oil and cook it just like you do your sprouts (maybe in a tin or whatnot), then put a little shredded cheese on after u take off grill and cover till melted
Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-29-2018, 12:16 PM   #66
Consuming CP souls

Vegan sounds depressing as **** to have to resort to.
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-29-2018, 12:17 PM   #67
Go Beavers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
I think that level of tracking is the best thing someone can do... I've known a lot of people who start exercising and cutting out certain foods, etc; but don't track calories and then get frustrated when they aren't losing weight.
I've been wasting too much time trying to find the magical way of eating that would let me spontaneously cut calories without having to measure but I think I've gotten too old for them to work now. So now it's off to measuring and calculating everything I eat. I find it a drudgery but so is hauling around extra weight.
Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 12:26 PM   #68
Ith Fuhtbawl Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
I started keto with this link and used the calculator to figure out calories/day and how much I'd lose, etc.... regardless of going keto, I thought the calculator was useful.

https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/wiki/faq

I use the LoseIt app, don't know how much better/worse it is than MyFitnessPal... it lets you scan in food with barcodes, which is pretty nice, and gives you a daily and weekly breakdown of nutrition.

How's it worked for you? The only way I found I could keep myself keto was to fast. If I didn't eat for 3-5 days I rocked it, felt great, needed less sleep, but as soon as I would eat I'd **** the ratios all up.
Old 03-29-2018, 12:40 PM   #69
MVP

I find that a pack of smokes and 10 cups of coffee keeps me trim as a twig
Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-29-2018, 12:59 PM   #70
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawnmower View Post
I want in on this. I am here with you all , im cutting 500+ calories a day...losing a pound or maybe 1.5 pound per week. I want to be there for you all for this and i want you to be there for me. Lets do this together.

You all seem nice.
Sounds good - I went over to moms just a minute ago - she had a skillet full of cheeseburgers - I told her it's my kryptonite and passed.
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-29-2018, 01:06 PM   #71
You Sweetie!

tonight i'm going to have a Subway six inch wheat w/ turkey - no cheese, only mustard and jalapenis, may have a cup of sf jello too.
Old 03-29-2018, 01:07 PM   #72
All about that Paper Boi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayze View Post
not really.
maybe like 3 cans of soda a week / can with dinner; and usually it's a sugar free variety. though, sometimes I channel my inner RainMan and have a Dr. Pepper.

beer..maybe like 12 beers a month. maybe more here and there, but I can count on 1 hand the times I've bought beer each month. if that makes sense.
I don't want to be a douche but you've got to be getting these calories from somewhere.

Either you're eating and drinking more than you think or you don't get much activity whatsoever..?
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-29-2018, 01:18 PM
Ming the Merciless
This message has been deleted by Ming the Merciless.
Old 03-29-2018, 01:22 PM   #73
Emporer of Mongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
I don't want to be a douche but you've got to be getting these calories from somewhere.
the difference between gaining and losing weight weekly is a pretty thin margin...literally just drinking one soda/beer less and eating 1 slice of bread less every day can mean the difference between losing or gaining weight weekly...

1 piece of bread is like 100 calories.....

1 pint of beer can be 250 or 300 calories

1 soda, probably 200 or 300

a lot of people (and I was one of them) do not realize they are eating more calories than they burn every day...and even if youre a LITTLE BIT off , it means you constantly gain instead of maintain or lose...

its REALLY hard to estimate (for me anyway)....so i simply have to keep track or I go over too much.
Old 03-29-2018, 01:28 PM   #74
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball View Post
Vegan sounds depressing as **** to have to resort to.
Cure is worse than the disease.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-29-2018, 01:29 PM   #75
Supporter

3500 calories = 1 pound

Do the math.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.