Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 04-24-2010, 06:18 AM  
In Search of a Life

50 Beers to Try Before You Die

Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 04-01-2011 at 08:05 PM..
NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:53 PM   #91
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper16 View Post
Honestly, there is no style of non-adjunct lager that I can recommend to someone who enjoys Corona. I suppose you could look into American Pale Wheat beers for their light, zippy citrus tones that play off of tangy wheat. In your area you can easily find: Sam Adams Summer Ale, Pyramid Hefeweizen, North Coast Blue Star Great American Wheat Beer, Anchor Summer Beer, Widmir Hefeweizen, among others.
Thank you.

As a beer hobbyist, why is there so much hate for my beloved Corona? Out here, it's a very common beer. I dont meet many that dont like it. but whenever i mention it on this forum, people act like it's awful.

I know nothing about beer. Just know what tastes good IMO. What is your opinion on Corona and why is it so disliked? Like i said, out here, to the average joe, it's a great beer.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:55 PM   #92
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Thank you.

As a beer hobbyist, why is there so much hate for my beloved Corona? Out here, it's a very common beer. I dont meet many that dont like it. but whenever i mention it on this forum, people act like it's awful.

I know nothing about beer. Just know what tastes good IMO. What is your opinion on Corona and why is it so disliked? Like i said, out here, to the average joe, it's a great beer.
It's probably because it (and most popular beers) are fairly watery and diluted in flavor. It's like asking a lover of hot sauce what he thinks about ketchup.
NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:55 PM   #93
Feelin' Alright

Quote:
Well, I age the beers that will benefit from aging. Anything hoppy gets consumed immediately.

When do I pull something out of the cellar to enjoy? Usually I do it with one or two friends. I love sharing these beers as much as I love drinking them myself.
So I should probably go buy another Goose Island bourbon County Stout and age it....
irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:00 PM   #94
Eat/Sleep/Procrastinate/Repeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishjayhawk View Post
So I should probably go buy another Goose Island bourbon County Stout and age it....
That beer only gets better with age. When the 2009 came out my friends and I did a 4-year vertical tasting. By that I mean we drank one bottle from each year of 2006-2009. The 2006 & 2007s were Godly. All that alcohol heat is completely diminished and the barrel flavors become so well-integrated with the malts. Luxurious.
Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:02 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Thank you.

For me, Corona tastes perpetually skunked. Plus it has the whole sour corn thing going on from the corn used as an adjunct. (Corona is categorized as an adjucnt lager because it uses a lot of corn and rice as adjuncts to the barley in order to produce less calories. Malted barley, water, yeast, hops are the ingredients of beer; anything else is considered an adjunct). I really just think that most adjunct lagers taste awful. The only adjunct lagers that I can stand are PBR and Schlitz.
Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:18 PM   #96
MVP

Quote:
I would like to post for you all the contents of my beer fridge & beer cellar. I am but a poor college student, so it isn't all that impressive. But still:
Nice collection! Some in there I'd definitely love to try.

What's up with cellaring Hopslam, though? That won't age well...
Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:38 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shag View Post
Nice collection! Some in there I'd definitely love to try.

What's up with cellaring Hopslam, though? That won't age well...
Its the last bottle of the case that I bought. Basically, I figure that there is enough malt content and the ABV% is high enough that it can undergo some changes with age. I think it has a chance of becoming an interesting malty beer after a year-and-a-half to two years.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:50 PM   #98
You Sweetie!

Quote:
I hate, absolutely hate, getting drunk. I rarely have more than one beer a day.
Good for you man, That's actually a VERY big talent (almost) or umm, maybe a great discipline. But whatever it is, it'll help you live longer.

and I'd like to apologize for demonstrating my ignorance, I meant Belgian beer, not 'Belgium beer'

Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:46 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
Good for you man, That's actually a VERY big talent (almost) or umm, maybe a great discipline. But whatever it is, it'll help you live longer.

and I'd like to apologize for demonstrating my ignorance, I meant Belgian beer, not 'Belgium beer'

I've not tried anything from Bison Brewing. I'm not sure they distribute to MO.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:55 PM   #100
fides quaerens intellectum

Quote:
I hate, absolutely hate, getting drunk. I rarely have more than one beer a day.
Not even a good buzz?
Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:57 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenson71 View Post
Not even a good buzz?
Nope. The buzz just pisses me off, usually, because it means that I need to stop drinking soon. I hate the effects of alcohol because 1.) my dad was a physically abusive alcoholic and 2.) because I simply don't like not being in full control of my mental capacities.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:00 PM   #102
fides quaerens intellectum

Quote:
Nope. The buzz just pisses me off, usually, because it means that I need to stop drinking soon. I hate the effects of alcohol because 1.) my dad was a physically abusive alcoholic and 2.) because I simply don't like not being in full control of my mental capacities.
Very understandable. And I'm sorry to hear about your dad's past.
Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:31 PM   #103
Veteran

Quote:
So.. what's everybody's favorite beer styles?

Mine:
1.) Saison/Farmhouse Ale
2.) American IPA
3.) Imperial Stout (American & European)
A few years ago I would have agreed on two out of three, but I've lost my taste for stouts. I'd have to go with:

1. Beligian trippels and dubbels
2. American IPA
3. Pilsner
prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:38 PM   #104
Banned

Gotta say my favorite style of beer is IPA. Can't say I've hit the lists here like others partly due to having a restaurant/brewery less than 5 minutes from my house and they change their beers very frequently and have 6-8 on tap and partly due to me being more partial to pot. The brewer knows his shit and won the gold medal in the world beer cup for Viena Style Lagers for 2007 (maybe 06 or 08) and just won the silver for the same beer and class.
KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.KC native has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:43 PM   #105
Feelin' Alright

Ommegang's Hennepin was delicious and makes sense on the list but not in the top 6.
irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.