Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 05-19-2018, 03:08 PM  
Starter

One Play at a Time: A Marty Schottenheimer documentary

Man and just seeing this trailer brings back so many memories. Looks like this could be really good:
https://youtu.be/ajmrR8gMAWw
Stargazer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Stargazer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Stargazer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Stargazer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Stargazer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Stargazer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Stargazer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Stargazer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Stargazer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Stargazer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Stargazer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 05-20-2018, 04:22 PM   #16
My work speaks for itself!!!

I'm a bit older now - but back in the day, I would have ran through a brick wall for that man!

Made chiefs football relevant - and with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight - I much prefer the defenses we had in the early 90s and a good ground game, to the vermeil offense and clown-shoes defense of the early 2000s.
DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 05-20-2018, 04:43 PM   #17
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickhead View Post
this seems more like a 'this video is for you marty, with every hope that now and then you may remember some of these moments', moment.

we all hated him for the playoff failures, but goddamned was he not a good person and a grounded lifestyle.

hind sight says he's top three in kc, imo?
Who could hate Marty he lived and breathed football. He had legendary stubbornness which I think is a trait of good coaches. You dont win flying by the seat of your pants and changing as the wind blows. Marty was to defense what Vermeil was to offense. Neither could put O and D together in KC but they had great teams that made things exciting.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2018, 04:44 PM   #18
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJasonp View Post
I'm a bit older now - but back in the day, I would have ran through a brick wall for that man!

Made chiefs football relevant - and with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight - I much prefer the defenses we had in the early 90s and a good ground game, to the vermeil offense and clown-shoes defense of the early 2000s.

Marty came to town shortly after We moved here. I saw the Chiefs go from being an outright JOKE of monumental proportions to perennial contenders each year. Sure, the man had his shortcomings - but like you - I would have walked on broken glass for the guy.

The 90s defenses were OUTSTANDING. We could use a dose of that "smash mouth" stuff again...

Every time I have watched that documentary, it breaks my heart. Just like every time I see "A football life" about Derrick Thomas - I get "emotional"....
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2018, 04:48 PM   #19
Starter

Nobody deserved a ring more than this guy. If he had Ned Yost's luck, he would have had 5 or 6.
kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.
Old 05-20-2018, 04:48 PM   #20
Unsparing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJasonp View Post

Agree about the defenses and Vermeil.
Chiefs defense was brutal and exciting in those days. Now that we have Mahomes, we can get back to work building an extraordinary defense. I contend that Pat Mahomes requires only a maximum of two key players on offense to make hay at any given time. That said and understood, we can stack up on defense, and load up on key players. This will ensure dominance for years to come.
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2018, 04:56 PM   #21
SNAP THE ****ING BALL!!!

Love Marty. This looks terrible.
kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2018, 02:18 PM   #22
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kysirsoze View Post
Love Marty. This looks terrible.
Weird, he loved it!
Stargazer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Stargazer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Stargazer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Stargazer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Stargazer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Stargazer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Stargazer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Stargazer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Stargazer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Stargazer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Stargazer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 09-24-2018, 02:21 PM   #23
'Tis my eye!

I'd rather watch paint dry than watch anything about Marty Schottenheimer.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.