Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-21-2016, 04:17 PM  
Supporter

Solo: A Star Wars Story 2018 Spoiler Thread

http://www.starwars.com/news/donald-...and-alone-film

Donald Glover is officially a young Lando Calrissian!

Lucasfilm announced today that Donald Glover, an acclaimed actor, award-winning writer, and Grammy-nominated artist, will be playing the part of Lando Calrissian in the still-untitled Han Solo Star Wars film, helmed by directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller. Glover will join Alden Ehrenreich — previously cast as Han Solo — in bringing two iconic Star Wars characters back to the big screen, but at a time in their lives previously unexplored. This new film depicts Lando in his formative years as a scoundrel on the rise in the galaxy’s underworld — years before the events involving Han, Leia, and Darth Vader in The Empire Strikes Back and his rise to Rebel hero in Return of the Jedi.

“We’re so lucky to have an artist as talented as Donald join us,” said Lord and Miller. “These are big shoes to fill, and an even bigger cape, and this one fits him perfectly, which will save us money on alterations. Also, we’d like to publicly apologize to Donald for ruining Comic-Con for him forever.”

Glover is best known for creating and starring in the critically acclaimed FX series Atlanta (which had the highest premiere numbers for any basic cable comedy show since 2013), as well as for starring in four seasons of the show Community, and for his Grammy-nominated album Because the Internet, performed under the name Childish Gambino. In addition, Glover appeared in the Academy Award-nominated The Martian, and will be seen in the upcoming Spider-Man: Homecoming.

The untitled Han Solo movie is set for release in 2018.

Last edited by DaneMcCloud; 02-05-2018 at 10:52 AM..
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2018, 05:22 AM   #586
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New World Order View Post
Is Han Solo a movie where you need to know about the other Star Wars movies? It looks interesting.

I ask because I've never watched any of the Star Wars movies. *Runs to find shelter.
Looks like you'd be better off going in knowing nothing.

I'd watch the original trilogy first though to get all the references.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2018, 07:19 AM   #587
You're CARICATURES, ALL of you

Initial reviews are coming in and they are positive.

KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2018, 07:31 AM   #588
The Beast Inside Your Head

I want to believe but early reviews for TLJ were also good with critics.
BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2018, 09:30 AM   #589
World's Best Boss

Eh. We'll see. Some of these comments remind me of the first twitter reactions to BvS. These are people who were invited to the screening and under an embargo that prevents them from sharing details.

But I get a bad feeling about comments like, "it takes a while to get going, it has rough edges, Alden makes his own Han" is stuff that makes me worried it's just going to ultimately feel like an unnecessary page in the saga.

Seeing the praise for Donald Glover does make me excited, and with that all said I do plan on seeing it - I hope Aiden and the narrator for Arrested Development nail it.

Last edited by Chiefspants; 05-16-2018 at 07:52 AM..
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:08 PM   #590
Veteran

so far 73% rating on RT (57 fresh reviews , 21 rotten reviews) .

from some of the reviews & tweets I've read it sounds like Ron Howard did a decent enough job all things considered .
sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:28 PM   #591
Stay positive, don't give up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1983 View Post
so far 73% rating on RT (57 fresh reviews , 21 rotten reviews) .

from some of the reviews & tweets I've read it sounds like Ron Howard did a decent enough job all things considered .
Heard that it's flawed but fun...some SW fans may not like it if they take it seriously. Sounds like a check your expectations at the door. Luckily I didn't have high expectations so I'm sure I'll enjoy it more.
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 05-19-2018, 05:54 PM   #592
Cast Iron Jedi

This may be the first SW movie I don’t see in the theater. Trailers and early reviews have done nothing to get me above “meh”.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-19-2018, 08:16 PM   #593
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
This may be the first SW movie I don’t see in the theater. Trailers and early reviews have done nothing to get me above “meh”.
The question has always been whether or not Alden could pull it off as Han.

The reviews, even the positive ones, are not promising on that front.

Disney should have recasted him with Ansel when they put Ron Howard in the lead. I'm sure they didn't because they wanted to still make their May release date - which is stupid - considering they're about to pull in 15 trillion or some odd dollas from IW.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2018, 02:08 PM   #594
Veteran

I had every intention of waiting a week or two. But then my schedule worked out to where I have Friday morning off and Alamo has a 9 am screening. So, I got a ticket. *shrugs*
Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-24-2018, 07:37 PM   #595
Veteran

Whoa . James Mangold (Logan director) is gonna direct a Boba Fett film

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...direct-1113273
sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-24-2018, 11:35 PM   #596
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
The question has always been whether or not Alden could pull it off as Han.

The reviews, even the positive ones, are not promising on that front.

Disney should have recasted him with Ansel when they put Ron Howard in the lead. I'm sure they didn't because they wanted to still make their May release date - which is stupid - considering they're about to pull in 15 trillion or some odd dollas from IW.
Just saw it.

Alden is fine. Had no problem with his performance and actually think he does a good job. Never became an issue which I guess is what you’d want when you’re reprising a legendary character.

All the cast was fine, for that matter. There were only a couple things that were sort of off, but very few (Glover and the robot scene was embarrassing IMO).

But I liked it. Would recommend to Star Wars fans. Some sequences are top-notch but will discuss more when a ton of spoiler tags aren’t necessary. Better than TLJ by a mile, not as good as Rogue One. Somewhere in between but definitely on the thumbs up side.
RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 05-24-2018, 11:37 PM   #597
Plays to win the game!

I really enjoyed it. It takes 20 minutes to get going but once it does it has alot of great scenes. You get to a point where you accept the kid as Han, he never takes the role over. Glover is great as Lando, Chewie is the heart of the movie, and the rest of the cast is serviceable in their roles. It throws in a weird twist at the end that makes you think if it makes any sense in the movie or the timeline, but the rest was very entertaining. At first I wasnt thrilled, there is very little that happens in the first 20 to 30 minutes, and I'm being generous.
Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-24-2018, 11:45 PM   #598
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravedigger View Post
I really enjoyed it. It takes 20 minutes to get going but once it does it has alot of great scenes. You get to a point where you accept the kid as Han, he never takes the role over. Glover is great as Lando, Chewie is the heart of the movie, and the rest of the cast is serviceable in their roles. It throws in a weird twist at the end that makes you think if it makes any sense in the movie or the timeline, but the rest was very entertaining. At first I wasnt thrilled, there is very little that happens in the first 20 to 30 minutes, and I'm being generous.
The opening 30 jumps around a lot and throws a lot on the screen. It slows down once the primary story starts. I didn’t mind the opening, and there are some scenes that I wasn’t expecting and really thought were interestingly done.
RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 05-25-2018, 12:16 PM   #599
MVP

I thought it was excellent even though I saw a couple of the twists coming.

But L3 was a terrible character. Just awful.
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2018, 02:33 PM   #600
Mahomes Dynasty

If it werent for Chewbacca kicking ass in this film, it would be on par with eps 1-3 for worst SW movie ever.

Opening was awful and sets the tone for the whole movie, Chewbacca's intro scene was the best part of the movie.
CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.