Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 04-25-2016, 05:54 PM  
Mostly Ignored

Movies about wilderness/survival

Sorry about the shitty thread title. I wasn't sure how to word it.

I've been on a kick lately its movies about people being out in the wilderness. It doesn't matter if they're stranded or out there by choice, I'm just into the genre in general at the moment.

Off the top of my head I've seen Jeremiah Johnson, The Edge, Alive, Wild, and Into the White.

I'm looking for recommendations on great wilderness/survival movies.

What do you guys know?

Last edited by TimBone; 04-25-2016 at 09:53 PM..
TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-14-2018, 10:37 AM   #91
You Sweetie!

1996 - Val Kilmer & Michael Douglas

The Ghost and the Darkness -- good shit
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-14-2018, 11:14 AM   #92
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
1996 - Val Kilmer & Michael Douglas

The Ghost and the Darkness -- good shit
I’m glad I’m not the only one that loves that movie.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-14-2018, 11:22 AM   #93
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I’m glad I’m not the only one that loves that movie.
oh yeah it's awesome - I wish they'd remake it.
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-14-2018, 12:17 PM   #94
In Search of a Life

Captain Fantastic has some survival/outdoor stuff in it... plus it's just a fantastic movie.
NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-14-2018, 12:35 PM   #95
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewChief View Post
Captain Fantastic has some survival/outdoor stuff in it... plus it's just a fantastic movie.
hmm.
Old 06-02-2018, 05:28 AM   #96
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Enemy Mine. A sci-fi survival movie.
'Mick-ey Mouse'
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-02-2018, 05:29 AM   #97
left blank intentionally

Into the Wild - doesn't have a happy ending, though.

Or DOES it?
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-19-2018, 09:29 AM   #98
You Sweetie!

any others?
Old 06-19-2018, 09:52 AM   #99
PLAY GOOD FOOTBALL

Redford did another survival type movie fairly recently called All is Lost. Really good, surprised nobody mentioned it.
L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 06-19-2018, 09:53 AM   #100
PLAY GOOD FOOTBALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewChief View Post
One of my favorite movies ever
L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 06-19-2018, 09:54 AM   #101
PLAY GOOD FOOTBALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
any others?
Have you seen, "Oh Africa, Brave Africa"?
Old 06-19-2018, 10:59 AM   #102
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan View Post
Redford did another survival type movie fairly recently called All is Lost. Really good, surprised nobody mentioned it.
hmm, let me research this - thanks
Old 06-19-2018, 11:03 AM   #103
You Sweetie!

I will watch All is Lost tonight - thanks man.
Old 06-19-2018, 08:31 PM   #104
You Sweetie!

this is a tough watch - also it'd help if i knew ANYthing about sailing!

Last edited by Simply Red; 06-19-2018 at 08:37 PM..
Old 06-19-2018, 09:04 PM   #105
Happy Easter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBone View Post
Sorry about the shitty thread title. I wasn't sure how to word it.

I've been on a kick lately its movies about people being out in the wilderness. It doesn't matter if they're stranded or out there by choice, I'm just into the genre in general at the moment.

Off the top of my head I've seen Jeremiah Johnson, The Edge, Alive, Wild, and Into the White.

I'm looking for recommendations on great wilderness/survival movies.

What do you guys know?
Not a guy's pov, but idea of wilderness/survival movies can have more than one meaning ya' know. Like a dryspell in lovers/dates/relationships.

Shall I list out some good chick flicks for ya'? Or why not TV? How 'bout those break-up episodes from Sex and the City. It was a movie too.
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.