Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-19-2010, 07:58 PM  
pie is never free

The Fishing Thread

Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-28-2021, 09:36 PM   #2866
New and Improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
Spring has been a joke for over a decade now, there is no spring anymore...

We lurch from pure winter into a cold and rainy late winter that is supposed to be spring that drags on and on, then finally snaps directly into sweltering 90+ degree summer days sometime in June
Yup, last few years it's been harder and harder to string together good fishing days.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-31-2021, 03:32 PM   #2867
pie is never free

Got bored and went and did it today, picked up something I've had my eye on for a month or so now... Zebco's first $100 reel, the Bullet

Its a sweet lil machine with 9 ball bearings that in many ways equals much pricier open face and baitcasting reels

Very fast, and also casts for distance like a wet dream... she puuurty

Paired it with Abu Garcia Vengeance medium/heavy graphite rod, and it all works together beautifully... perfectly balanced

Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-31-2021, 03:52 PM   #2868
Starter

Rare golden large mouth bass

Go to KSN.com

Since I'm a newbie won't let me post link directly.
CatinKS is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCatinKS is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCatinKS is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCatinKS is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCatinKS is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCatinKS is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCatinKS is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCatinKS is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCatinKS is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 03:54 PM   #2869
Ultrabanned

The Fishing Thread

Took my family out for some bobber and worm fishing at a local conservation place yesterday. He's been out with me two other times and he hasn't caught anything, but he finally landed the big one!! Little bluegill that completely swallowed the hook, but he was super proud to catch one on his paw patrol getup!

The wife caught about six on the same setup, bluegill and one decent little bass. I walked down and threw a couple different lures and caught a baby bass and nothing else, but we all had fun.

Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 03:59 PM   #2870
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatinKS View Post
Rare golden large mouth bass

Go to KSN.com

Since I'm a newbie won't let me post link directly.
Never seen one like that, nice

https://www.ksn.com/news/dont-miss-t...emouth-bass-2/

Last edited by Easy 6; 05-31-2021 at 04:16 PM..
Old 05-31-2021, 04:08 PM   #2871
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Took my family out for some bobber and worm fishing at a local conservation place yesterday. He's been out with me two other times and he hasn't caught anything, but he finally landed the big one!! Little bluegill that completely swallowed the hook, but he was super proud to catch one on his paw patrol getup!

The wife caught about six on the same setup, bluegill and one decent little bass. I walked down and threw a couple different lures and caught a baby bass and nothing else, but we all had fun.

Thats what memories are made of, Pops
Old 06-01-2021, 08:33 PM   #2872
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Video clip of the bass being played above:
https://www.facebook.com/1148269799/...4919197384362/
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-03-2021, 07:16 PM   #2873
pie is never free

Haven't seen you in forever, Megatron... we feared your plane broke apart in mid-air lol, nice fish in a very urban environment

Literally just finished watching this dude here, loves me some RGTFM... he's a fishing savant, he long ago forgot more than I'll ever know about it

Old 06-03-2021, 09:11 PM   #2874
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Pablo - been on probably 100 fishing trips over my lifetime and the one I am most fond of is with my bil catching a mess of bluegills when I was about 8. Good stuff man.
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-03-2021, 09:15 PM   #2875
In Search of a Life

Just booked an overnight trip out of San Diego for late June going for Tuna, Amberjack, and Mahi. Can’t wait. The boys (9 and 12) are ready for an overnight/all next day run. Gonna be awesome!
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 09:29 PM   #2876
Mahomes or GTFO

Been posting on this board for damn near a decade and somehow have never seen the fishing thread.

I've been pretty ate up with the fishing bug since I could walk, so I'll be visiting frequently.

Have had a great Spring so far this year. Got a bit of a late start while the boat was in for late service, but several great days pulling Crappie and LMB in the past 3 weeks locally – and just got back from Bozeman about a month ago after a weeklong trip swinging Browns and Cutthroat.

Several trips lined up the remainder of the year including Bonefish in Aruba and a long weekend on the Okeechobee.

Glad I found this one!
Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-03-2021, 10:16 PM   #2877
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
Haven't seen you in forever, Megatron... we feared your plane broke apart in mid-air lol, nice fish in a very urban environment

Literally just finished watching this dude here, loves me some RGTFM... he's a fishing savant, he long ago forgot more than I'll ever know about it

Nah. Thanks for the cheery thoughts though.

Right after the SB, I decided to take a break from all things interwebs. Then 2 months later, I ended up taking over the management of a business I invested in, and instantly I was too busy to spend any significant time here.

That bass basically represents just the 3rd time I've had a chance to go fishing this year (normally I'd have already spent 20-25 days on the water by now).

Also been trying to learn to fly fish for carp this summer. Interesting challenge. Took a couple days to just get one to took at my fly.
https://www.facebook.com/1148269799/...4911006059584/
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-03-2021, 10:45 PM   #2878
MVP

MDC recently released a massive amount of Walleye into waters all over the state. Large numbers of them even went into lakes that they were not previously in but already possessed very good habitat for them.

I'm really looking forward to enjoying that in a few years, but am a little worried about what it might do to one traditionally very good crappie hole.
ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 06-04-2021, 06:16 AM   #2879
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghak99 View Post
MDC recently released a massive amount of Walleye into waters all over the state. Large numbers of them even went into lakes that they were not previously in but already possessed very good habitat for them.

I'm really looking forward to enjoying that in a few years, but am a little worried about what it might do to one traditionally very good crappie hole.
I fish Lake Meredith in the Texas panhandle and they restocked the Walleye a few years back. People are catching plenty of Crappie out of there. Wednesday I caught about 30 Walleye but they were all small. About 14 inches. State regulations allow you to keep 2 under 16 inches, also caught 3 huge crappie and a nice sandbass.

In case you don't know ,when fishing for Walleye they'll be on the bottom. The go to lure is a fluke with 1/4 ounce jighead here. Just let it hit bottom and slowly bounce it back, several times I'd set my rod down after casting out to pick up another rod with live bait to check it and when I'd pick it back up there'd be a fish on, Was catching them in 20-30 feet water.

BTW, Walleye has gotta be some of the best tasting fish there is.

Last edited by Hog's Gone Fishin; 06-04-2021 at 06:26 AM..
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-04-2021, 08:12 AM   #2880
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
I fish Lake Meredith in the Texas panhandle and they restocked the Walleye a few years back. People are catching plenty of Crappie out of there. Wednesday I caught about 30 Walleye but they were all small. About 14 inches. State regulations allow you to keep 2 under 16 inches, also caught 3 huge crappie and a nice sandbass.

In case you don't know ,when fishing for Walleye they'll be on the bottom. The go to lure is a fluke with 1/4 ounce jighead here. Just let it hit bottom and slowly bounce it back, several times I'd set my rod down after casting out to pick up another rod with live bait to check it and when I'd pick it back up there'd be a fish on, Was catching them in 20-30 feet water.

BTW, Walleye has gotta be some of the best tasting fish there is.
MDC put them in some shallow mud holes up here probably 20 years ago. They can still be caught occasionally, and they might be Walleye, but they're not Walleye. You even have to use a bit of non traditional methods to catch them there.

The best fish I've ever had was fresh Walleye as shore lunch on a rock island in a Native controlled/protected Lake well north of the border. Damn that fish was good and they wouldn't let you cross the border with near enough! I think you could eat your limit under 16" every day if you wanted to and then bring home one fish over 22" as a trophy and a few under 16". I can't remember what they had for Pike and Musky limits at the time but it was a similar breeder/trophy protection system.

It has been way too long since I've unloaded gear and watched a float plane leave.
ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.