Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-19-2010, 07:58 PM  
pie is never free

The Fishing Thread

Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-29-2017, 09:55 AM   #1966
New and Improved

I always hate it when mother nature doesn't bend to my will.
At least you had a line in the water for a bit. A friend of mine got his name drawn on some special turkey hunt down in south central Mo. by the MDC. He's been down there all week camping out and waiting to hunt. He's only had one day that wasn't pouring down rain. lol
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-29-2017, 09:57 AM   #1967
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
Its gonna snow in Kansas today? wow

Thats even worse than the 5 straight days of rain we're having here
Yeah snowed last night further west like Dodge Shitty.

Last year this time the fish were banging this year ****ing two keeps and a throw back.

This is depressing me. All freaking winter I wait and spring hits and boom fish on. This year been cold and the fish aren't biting and they are in deeper waters.

****ing ****s.
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-29-2017, 09:57 AM   #1968
Forever Royal

These constant cold fronts and heavy rains are really messing up the crappie spawn. They keep getting pushed back and it's making it really hard to predict where they will be. One good thing is that the outlets of the reservoirs are really good fishing this time of year while they release water and then right after they cut it back.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-29-2017, 10:24 AM   #1969
In my youth i pray to keep

Stupid weather.

Ruined my plans to fish all day
bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-05-2017, 02:49 AM   #1970
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

So I got outa work early tonight/this morning so I can start my three day weekend and load up for the lake. IT BETTER BE FEAKING NICE
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-05-2017, 08:44 AM   #1971
Wearing ballistic dog goggles.

The weather has been sucking but the high rivers have been beneficial to those hunting big cats. This 51 lb'er was caught by Chetopa May 2nd.

Last edited by Radar Chief; 05-05-2017 at 08:53 AM..
Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-05-2017, 08:58 AM   #1972
Draft a QB

WOW!! Fish fry!!
Rooster 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRooster 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRooster 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRooster 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRooster 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRooster 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRooster 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRooster 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRooster 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRooster 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRooster 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 05-05-2017, 09:21 AM   #1973
Seeking the Truth daily

Pond is still way high and a bit murky. Turkey hunting this AM but plan to go wack some bluegills for filets tonight
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-05-2017, 11:06 AM   #1974
In my youth i pray to keep

I've still got about 20 frozen shad in my freezer from last Friday. Hoping to put them to use tomorrow morning.
bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-05-2017, 11:13 AM   #1975
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDj23 View Post
I've still got about 20 frozen shad in my freezer from last Friday. Hoping to put them to use tomorrow morning.
Me too (not the shad). We're heading out tomorrow morning and don't plan to come back until the cooler's empty or the bait is gone.
raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-05-2017, 11:26 AM   #1976
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar Chief View Post
The weather has been sucking but the high rivers have been beneficial to those hunting big cats. This 51 lb'er was caught by Chetopa May 2nd.

KC Tattoo just came
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-05-2017, 12:37 PM   #1977
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo View Post
Yeah snowed last night further west like Dodge Shitty.

Last year this time the fish were banging this year ****ing two keeps and a throw back.

This is depressing me. All freaking winter I wait and spring hits and boom fish on. This year been cold and the fish aren't biting and they are in deeper waters.

****ing ****s.
You should put longer lines on your pole to reach them.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-05-2017, 01:16 PM   #1978
Snacks Are Under My Apron

It's a madhouse around here. Fishing, hunting, gardening/property work, 1/4 a cow yesterday have a right fine pile of shit to bring the coyotes in. Who ever came up with this 24hr day bullshit or the first guy that said "I am going to work" needs a swift kick in the nuts. I don't have time for all the fun around me. Great times to be had.
threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-05-2017, 05:58 PM   #1979
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar Chief View Post

Holy sheeeit, where is Jeremy Wade when you need him?

Thats the kinda cat that drowns some hapless noodler with his arm trapped in that gaping maw... better chop those pieces small and soak them in buttermilk overnight, or thats gonna be one gamey fish fry

Quote:
Originally Posted by threebag02 View Post
It's a madhouse around here. Fishing, hunting, gardening/property work, 1/4 a cow yesterday have a right fine pile of shit to bring the coyotes in. Who ever came up with this 24hr day bullshit or the first guy that said "I am going to work" needs a swift kick in the nuts. I don't have time for all the fun around me. Great times to be had.
Hey man, I'm just thankful I CAN finally go to work... was totally rained out most of last week, and two days this week

Cant load grain in the rain, the elevators dont wanna introduce that moisture into their bins
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-05-2017, 06:31 PM   #1980
Snacks Are Under My Apron

Yeah I wouldn't keep a big one like that. I would snap some pics and let him go. I like my cats about 4-6 pounds. There is a lot of bad meat on that monster.
threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.