Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-10-2020, 08:58 AM   #1381
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
Yeah old people die from lots of things.

It doesn't mean you need to rush out and stock up on toilet paper bottled water and ammo.
At Costco they just buy all the TP.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-10-2020, 08:59 AM   #1382
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
So three times as many people have died from this than recovered?
Of those tested and confirmed.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-10-2020, 09:00 AM   #1383
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Man, what a waste...

Airlines Are Flying Empty Flights as Travel Demand Plummets Due to Coronavirus

Currently, thousands of planes are flying empty back and forth doing ghost flights during the coronavirus outbreak due to a bizarre and ridiculous rule that forces airlines to use at least 80% of their landing slots or risk losing them.

The “use it or lose it” rule goes like this: an airline must use at least 80% of their allocated slots or it may lose them to rival airlines.

While it makes for a competitive market during regular flights, the decreased demand caused by coronavirus concerns is taking its toll on the aviation industry. With an expectancy of losing $113 billion in revenue this year, airlines are going to extreme measures.

[...]
They pack us in like sardines and treat us like shit in good times. Now they are going to want some sort of bailout.

But, they should suspend that stupid ass rule until this coronavirus runs its course.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 09:08 AM   #1384
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Man, what a waste...

Airlines Are Flying Empty Flights as Travel Demand Plummets Due to Coronavirus

Currently, thousands of planes are flying empty back and forth doing ghost flights during the coronavirus outbreak due to a bizarre and ridiculous rule that forces airlines to use at least 80% of their landing slots or risk losing them.

The “use it or lose it” rule goes like this: an airline must use at least 80% of their allocated slots or it may lose them to rival airlines.

While it makes for a competitive market during regular flights, the decreased demand caused by coronavirus concerns is taking its toll on the aviation industry. With an expectancy of losing $113 billion in revenue this year, airlines are going to extreme measures.

[...]
I think that's just Europe.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-10-2020, 09:15 AM   #1385
Plays to win the game!

Yeah we're going to have to bail out the Airline Industry after this whole ordeal, just like with Automotive and Banks, even if a vaccine is only 4-6 months away in a positive outlook, they'll lose too much.
Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-10-2020, 09:19 AM   #1386
Veteran

My work just had a meeting on potentially banning travel and I'm a little irritated with the outcome. We do a lot of travel in general but specifically into and through Seattle (we are sending 3 people there over the next 2 weeks) lately. We're a small company (15 employees) and they've basically said they value money over anything else.

I'm not particularly overly worried about it, given my age and lack of preexisting conditions, but we have a decent amount that are a little older (60+) and have those preexisting conditions.

We have the ability to do our jobs remotely instead of in person and I understand the agreements but I think it shows a complete lack of remorse and an attitude of "it won't happen to us."

I like travel and I enjoy getting out of the office but it's just bothering me a little that it feels like they're not taking this seriously.

Maybe I'm not considering all the things that they are considering, which is entirely possible, but it's just bothering me.
ChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 09:21 AM   #1387
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC View Post
My work just had a meeting on potentially banning travel and I'm a little irritated with the outcome. We do a lot of travel in general but specifically into and through Seattle (we are sending 3 people there over the next 2 weeks) lately. We're a small company (15 employees) and they've basically said they value money over anything else.

I'm not particularly overly worried about it, given my age and lack of preexisting conditions, but we have a decent amount that are a little older (60+) and have those preexisting conditions.

We have the ability to do our jobs remotely instead of in person and I understand the agreements but I think it shows a complete lack of remorse and an attitude of "it won't happen to us."

I like travel and I enjoy getting out of the office but it's just bothering me a little that it feels like they're not taking this seriously.

Maybe I'm not considering all the things that they are considering, which is entirely possible, but it's just bothering me.
Well that's Fd up considering that you can just do the work remotely...
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-10-2020, 09:23 AM   #1388
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
So it's only fatal if you're asian and in your 20's?...
It's particularly deadly to whistle blowers.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-10-2020, 09:25 AM   #1389
Ultrabanned

Quote:

When you get back in from traveling make sure to have a long cough and sneeze filled visit in your boss' office. Hell, try to get their supervisor in as well. Want to make sure you fill them in on every little detail.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-10-2020, 09:28 AM   #1390
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:

If I were you, I'd come up with some reason that they have to come with you guys, and see what they think then.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-10-2020, 09:33 AM   #1391
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
Well that's Fd up considering that you can just do the work remotely...
Exactly. The job would be more difficult doing it remotely, given that we aren't there to to look into issues, but it's still possible. It's just a completely shortsighted decision.

My direct supervisor (this wasn't his decision) is going to Seattle today, in like 25 minutes actually. And I know it isn't a given that he or any of us will get it, but it just makes me shake my head.
ChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 03-10-2020, 09:36 AM   #1392
Life is changing..

How have the number of confirmed cases been going over the past few days in the US?

(I'd prefer to see numbers that don't include the cruise ship ppl, if possible)
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-10-2020, 09:50 AM   #1393
Veteran

Coronavirus Real-time news update

Link: https://thewuhanvirus.com/
Msmith has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Msmith has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Msmith has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Msmith has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Msmith has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Msmith has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Msmith has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Msmith has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Msmith has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Msmith has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Msmith has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 03-10-2020, 10:00 AM   #1394
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
How have the number of confirmed cases been going over the past few days in the US?

(I'd prefer to see numbers that don't include the cruise ship ppl, if possible)
On May 4, we had 148 cases
On May 5, we had 221 cases
On May 6, we had 319 cases
On May 7, we had 435 cases
On May 8, we had 541 cases
On May 9, we had 658 cases
Today, we have 761 cases
Old 03-10-2020, 10:03 AM   #1395
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
On May 4, we had 148 cases
On May 5, we had 221 cases
On May 6, we had 319 cases
On May 7, we had 435 cases
On May 8, we had 541 cases
On May 9, we had 658 cases
Today, we have 761 cases
That seems like a pretty steady incline, but I'm not seeing the "doubling" rates that people were discussing previously.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.