Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Hall of Classics

Old 08-25-2001, 12:04 PM  
Blind, deceived homer

PPL, Dissent and New Posters

PPL: Planet party line. Marty/Gun "sucks" (not my choice of words), Rams West is COOOOOL, 6-10 under Vermiel is better than 9-7 with Gun, all ex-Chiefs are money-grubbing scum suckers who are overrated anyway, T-Rich ain't good enuff, etc...

Dissent: People who post replies not in conformity to the PPL.

New Posters: People who innocently post their actual opinions rather than subscribe to the PPL and get shouted down by the clique of regulars touting the conventional wisdom.

Oh well, its only football, and most of us deserve each other.

KCJ
Football Paraiah
KCJohnny must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCJohnny must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCJohnny must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCJohnny must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCJohnny must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCJohnny must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCJohnny must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCJohnny must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCJohnny must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCJohnny must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCJohnny must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 08-26-2001, 12:34 PM   #76
That's just f***in' stupid

Screw it... just do what I did: put the TROLL on ignore list. He has nothing worthwhile to say - he does nothing but try to 'stir the pot' - he is a TROLL and should be afforded same treatment.

Buh BYE you whining b*tch, it was annoying knowing you.
HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 08-26-2001, 12:35 PM   #77
'Tis my eye!

HC,

That wasn't really called for...
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-26-2001, 01:48 PM   #78
Blind, deceived homer

Now see, as a Christian, I am just expected to ignore that and 'rise above it.' At least that is what many of you have said here. I do that (call names) to NO ONE.

And Brother Parker:
Quote:
I never said I was "correct". I said my opinion was "concensus". That, sir, is the TRUTH.
Consensus = PPL. That is NOT a slander, a pejorative statement or an insult. Why is it so OK to endlessly hound me with RBbC arguments (which I have never supported as a concept) but if I step away from 'consensus' to voice my right to dissent I am a'whining, self-pitying martyr'? Which other regular is subjected to so much personal name-calling and uncivil discourse? And yet if I notice it, I am 'playing the martyr.'

And Brother Kyle:
Quote:
-- your sole intent seems to be inciting argument, regardless of the topic. You treat *everyone* with a great deal of disdain and an utter lack of civility, common courtesy and even the barest degree of respect.
Pretty broad brush you are painting with there, my friend. You are trying to ascribe certain motives to me that you know absolutely nothing about. And "barest degree of respect"- aren't we reaching a bit here into the bag of hyperbole???? Not to mention the self-righteous tone.

On the merits: I AM a Chiefs fan, that's the ONLY reason I would put up with such low-brow banter and uncivil treatment. I guess you guys don't see that. Fine. You have the veiw of your foxhole, I have mine.

Football is pretty meaningless stuff in the final analysis. Its certainly not worth hurting people, risking reputation or character for (IMO). If I have personally offended any here, I offer my sincere apology and ask to be forgiven. I have always been my own man, and will continue to be. I have asked no one to agree with my opinions, and I am insulted by many of the uncharitable personally-directed responses that range from the callous to the hateful.

I wish the Planet success, but lament the bias against dissent (that's just the way i see it) that drives away a Denise or others who have much to contribute IMO.

Sincerely,
John Proctor
KCJohnny must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCJohnny must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCJohnny must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCJohnny must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCJohnny must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCJohnny must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCJohnny must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCJohnny must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCJohnny must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCJohnny must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCJohnny must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 08-26-2001, 02:00 PM   #79
'Tis my eye!

Johnny,

I would agree with you (and I have agreed with you on a great many things), but you still fail to see it.

ALL OF US DISAGREE, to varying degrees, when it comes to talking about the Chiefs. There is NO "planet party line"...

The problem is that most of us agree about Gunther. And it's not just here on the Planet. It's also over at the Park, it was at Rivals, it's on other teams' BB's, it's on the streets of Kansas City and it's coming off of the tongues of professional commentators everywhere...

The only problem here is that you have trouble handling the fact that you're the only one here that would prefer to still have Gunther as head coach.

As far as being "labelled" a Martyr, I believe it was YOU who first labelled yourself...Mr. Football Pariah...
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-26-2001, 02:04 PM   #80
Veteran

This topic is bizzare.
Clint in Wichita is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Clint in Wichita is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Clint in Wichita is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Clint in Wichita is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Clint in Wichita is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Clint in Wichita is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 08-26-2001, 02:06 PM   #81
Blind, deceived homer

I was also calling for Gun's head last year!!!!!!
Stop saying I wanted another season with him. I didn't, although I believe he could have righted the ship had he been kept. This is NOT about GUN.

This is about consensus and dissent. And it is a civil plea for common respect. And yeah, I feel like a pariah around here, am I supposed to lie and just say 'Go Chiefs"? I consider you guys my friends, should I just ignore the rift of civility? How is that friendly?

Oh well, unless I have something football oriented to post, I'll just lay low. I guess I know where I stand with the 'consensus' bearers now.

KCJ
Old 08-26-2001, 02:18 PM   #82
Screw U if U can't take a joke

Johnny,

I will only say that if the problem is not alcohol and you are not in a state of depression, then I find your attitude and your lumping all of us as a single view intolerable.

Never want you to leave but you might want to help you mature a little. Every once and a while we all need to work on our maturity. :cool:

Last edited by Logical; 08-26-2001 at 02:31 PM..
Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.
Old 08-26-2001, 02:22 PM   #83
'Tis my eye!

John,

For me it was never ANYTHING BUT about GUN.
Old 08-26-2001, 02:26 PM   #84

Johnny,

This quote represents your problem in a nutshell...

Quote:
I wish the Planet success, but lament the bias against dissent (that's just the way i see it) that drives away a Denise or others who have much to contribute IMO.
Denise has never once posted here. So just how did anyone drive her away?

This BB was built on non-conformity and for you to claim otherwise is better spin than the DNC (Democratic National Committie) is usually capable of.

Like much of the DNC blather, it is insulting to anyone of intelligence.

If you have differing opinions from others here, fine. Make your case and stick to it. If some don't show class in their responses, be a man, have some class, and ignor them.

When you start insulting MY BB that I choose to spend time on (as well as the people on it) you are insulting me ~ and I don't like it.

And make no mistake. Your constant reactionary style, your attempt to paint yourself as innocent and pure, your accusationions that you are being unfairly picked on ARE insulting.

Luz
they also do nothing to further the cause of Christianity by example ~ and that really saddens me...
Luzap is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Luzap is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Luzap is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Luzap is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Luzap is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Luzap is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 08-26-2001, 02:32 PM   #85
Supporter

Quote:
Oh well, unless I have something football oriented to post, I'll just lay low. I guess I know where I stand with the 'consensus' bearers now.
You made your bed....

Is it possible for you to post without crying like a 3yr. old?

poor,poor kcj
the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-26-2001, 02:35 PM   #86
Starter

DNC is the light in an otherwise confused and dark world.
oleman47 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.oleman47 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 08-26-2001, 02:39 PM   #87

oleman47,

Quote:
DNC is the light in an otherwise confused and dark world.
Only for thosed raised in the dark.

Luz
for those used to the light of day, the dnc is but the phosphorescent glow from a scum filled pond...
Luzap is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Luzap is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Luzap is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Luzap is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Luzap is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Luzap is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 08-26-2001, 02:44 PM   #88
'Tis my eye!

Great, now we have to turn this into a political thread...

We could have done without that...
Old 08-26-2001, 02:45 PM   #89
Phobia

PPL

infers that people cannot think for themselves. Whether you believe that to be inflamatory or not is besides the point. It has been construed as insulting by many people here. This is nothing but a communications failure.
Old 08-26-2001, 03:06 PM   #90
GO CHIEFS!!!!!!

hey proc,

Did you switch personalities again?

I know how to solve your problems...

LEAVE THIS BB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.