Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-01-2024, 11:36 AM  
The Insider

*****Official 2024 Royals Season Repository Thread*****

Year Two of the Matt Quatraro tenure. Time to take a step up this year. Active in free agency and trades this offseason. A new look pitching rotation and bullpen. Will the young players take the leap up offensively? Bobby Witt extension? New stadium? Will Vinny recover from injury? Salvy taking aim at the Royals record book? Will Cole Ragans turn into the best Royals starting pitcher since Greinke 1.0?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Seth Lugo, SP
Michael Wacha, SP
Kyle Wright, SP
Hunter Renfroe, OF/DH
Will Smith, RP
Chris Stratton, RP
Nick Anderson, RP
Adam Frazier, 2B
Garrett Hampson, INF/OF
Matt Sauer, RP

Last edited by ChiefsCountry; 02-13-2024 at 06:15 PM..
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-13-2024, 09:25 PM   #226
I'll **** anything that moves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post
It seems like the main goal with these renderings is to show how the stadium will be situated in the downtown area because the actual stadium features… especially inside the stadium… look very generic/architectural clip-art-like.

Also using the name “Royals Park” in the renderings… it’s not going to be called Kauffman Stadium?
Yeah, agreed on much of that. Though I think it's a bit of a mistake to not have a more concrete architectural plan for the ballpark itself. I know a lot of voters would like to see those familiar fountains and crown vision before checking "yay".

I think we're likely at the end of seeing "Royals Stadium" or "Kauffman Stadium". Let the corporate bidding wars for naming rights begin! I'm guessing it'll be some version of Kauffman Field at "Insert Corporate Name" Stadium.
GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.
Old 02-13-2024, 09:26 PM   #227
Fight, build, win!

Maybe Sherman thinks the City center itself will support baseball. Without adequate parking the burbs aren't going there without. We are car people!
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-13-2024, 09:32 PM   #228
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
Maybe Sherman thinks the City center itself will support baseball. Without adequate parking the burbs aren't going there without. We are car people!
Those fatsos need the exercise anyway. Riding the street car and having a walk a couple of blocks isn't going to kill them.
WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 09:55 PM   #229
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry View Post
LOL. You are down in Westport if you are 3 miles away.
It's not a bad walk at all done it a million times
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-13-2024, 09:58 PM   #230
The Insider

I would think that surface lot north of Sprint Center would be turned into another parking garage and some of those over by Loews Hotel and Hampton Inn by the street car line.
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-13-2024, 10:01 PM   #231
GDT white noise poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
Thats what we did when we went to a Twins game. Pretty seamless. Need to expand streetcar for it to work well
Yeah the streetcars can handle about 1200 people/hr right now, it would need to be expanded quite a bit (which I completely support regardless of a stadium). The fly in the ointment though is that the streetcars alleviate parking but not traffic since they run on the same lanes as other traffic.

And expanding the strretcars is a whole ordeal in and of itself. It would be nice if they also expanded the bus service, which is abysmal in joco
DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 02-13-2024, 10:10 PM   #232
GDT white noise poster

Personally, I might actually go to royals games if I could either bike or take a bus to the plaza and hop on the streetcar. I'm not a huge fan of the plan but I'm neither a huge royals fan or Jackson county resident so my opinion isn't that important

Would hate to see the crossroads change a lot which it would due to higher rents. Crossroads is great for the arts and I think a lot of that would be lost
DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 02-13-2024, 10:27 PM   #233
Time For Your Wake Up Call !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry View Post
LOL. You are down in Westport if you are 3 miles away.

FTR, I have not lived in KC since 1989, so I literally do not how developed, under developed the area is anymore. I have never been to the Sprint Center and likewise, know nothing of it as well.

So I was asking a question!
ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 02-13-2024, 10:28 PM   #234
Starter

Love the location. going to be a great addition to KC.
Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 02-13-2024, 10:30 PM   #235
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar View Post
Personally, I might actually go to royals games if I could either bike or take a bus to the plaza and hop on the streetcar. I'm not a huge fan of the plan but I'm neither a huge royals fan or Jackson county resident so my opinion isn't that important

Would hate to see the crossroads change a lot which it would due to higher rents. Crossroads is great for the arts and I think a lot of that would be lost
Looking at the map I wouldn't think most of First Friday would be impacted. If the Royals and City leadership are smart (which they aren't) they would keep that intact. Hopefully Cordish keeps their hands off anything south of the stadium and continues development North & East
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-13-2024, 10:34 PM   #236
Certified Swiftie

Wish home plate was facing downtown like most new MLB ballparks do, other than that stadium looks absolutely beautiful.
Jet Chip Wasp has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Jet Chip Wasp has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Jet Chip Wasp has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Jet Chip Wasp has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Jet Chip Wasp has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Jet Chip Wasp has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Jet Chip Wasp has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Jet Chip Wasp has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Jet Chip Wasp has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Jet Chip Wasp has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Jet Chip Wasp has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 02-15-2024, 02:46 PM   #237
Hockey Town

According to the Miami Herald the Marlins attempted to trade for Bobby Witt Jr before his contract extension they were offering a package with the centerpiece being Eury Perez.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2024, 10:40 AM   #238
MVP

WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 02-17-2024, 10:42 AM   #239
The Insider

More bullpen help can't hurt.
Old 02-17-2024, 10:58 AM   #240

We're now in a world where the Red Sox are dumping off guys to the Royals for prospects. Red Sox fans online are pretty bummed about this one. They have 3 years of control on Schreiber too so it's not just a short term move.

If they want to be great I think it's still guys McArthur and McMillon bringing the heat and getting some solid performances out of these vets like Schreiber, Stratton, Nick Anderson, etc.
tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.