Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-18-2018, 05:22 PM  
Beyond the Rapids

"All-star" officiating crew for Rams-Chiefs game

NFL ups intensity with all-star officials for Rams-Chiefs game

Kevin Seifert
ESPN.com NFL Nation

The NFL took the unusual step this week of assigning an "all-star" officiating crew to the most highly anticipated game of the season, adding to the playofflike frenzy for Monday night's matchup between the Kansas City Chiefs and Los Angeles Rams.

Referee Clete Blakeman will work the game with only two members of his regular crew, umpire Ramon George and down judge Dana McKenzie. The other five officials -- including Jim Lapetina, who will handle replay -- were plucked from four other crews.

The approach is similar to how the NFL assigns officials to playoff games, a process that is based on performance and seniority rather than crew. But it is rarely, if ever, employed before the postseason. Officials typically work on the same eight-person crews throughout the regular season to maximize continuity and familiarity among members.

Individual crew members are occasionally juggled for health or scheduling reasons. But a series of actions this season have indicated the league is moving away from the consistent crew concept, in favor of a more aggressive administration of officiating. Earlier this season, the league bounced down judge Hugo Cruz among four crews before ultimately making him its first-ever official to be fired for performance during the season.

NFL spokesman Michael Signora confirmed Sunday that "there is a rotation amongst the crews throughout the season." Signora did not provide details on the decision to overhaul Blakeman's crew for Monday night's game.

An officiating source said Sunday that the five officials added to Monday night's crew are all highly respected and have performed well this season.

The Chiefs-Rams game, originally scheduled to be played in Mexico City before it was relocated to Los Angeles, is a rare matchup. Since 1970, there have been only four other games pitting teams with one or fewer losses this late in the season. And according to the Elias Sports Bureau, this is the latest matchup ever between two teams averaging at least 33 points per game.

The following is the full crew for Monday night's game, as listed on the official flip card published by the NFL, with the officials' permanent referee in parentheses:

Referee: Clete Blakeman

Umpire: Ramon George (Blakeman)

Down judge: Dana McKenzie (Blakeman)

Line judge: Rusty Baynes (John Hussey)

Field judge: Dale Shaw (Jerome Boger)

Side judge: Brad Freeman (Clay Martin)

Back judge: Tony Steratore (Boger)

Replay: Jim Lapetina (Brad Allen)

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...ff-rams-chiefs
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2018, 07:01 AM   #541
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOp View Post
It's not...

We just had the NFL sell the public that they were putting a hand-picked crew together to deliver an error-free game.

It turned in the biggest botched contest of the season...and, of course, KC was the negative recipient of it. Just like when Triplette invents a play to kill a sack fumble that has never been called...then retires after the game. Costs KC 3 points...and they lose by 3 points. Or the refs call zero penalties on NE even though there is glaring evidence that there were some at crucial moments.

I realized after the resident Patriot-douche chimed in on the officiating thread...that they have a completely different NFL experience. They went to a SB after the tuck rule was called in their favor and haven't looked back. The NFL always rules in their favor.....just last year the refs let them back in the Jags game. They dont go into a big game expecting to get ****ed by the refs..because it never happens to them.

Chiefs fans are left playing the what if game after it happens over and over and over...and are doing it again right now.

I'm only watching KC in 2018 because Mahomes is setting records...but in the end, nothing has changed. KC is still getting hosed in big games and losing by 3 points...
WWFL....

Sent from my 9+ using Tapatalk
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 07:06 AM   #542

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
Cool. I expect you not to comment on any games the rest of the season? Talk about a win/win.
Posted via Mobile Device
How about no, we'll comment all we want.

GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2018, 07:18 AM   #543

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiEd View Post
Clark Hunt is a polished and well educated man. He has proven that time and time again. He has shown proper leadership repeatedly by empowering the people he has hired and letting them do their jobs and then making his wishes known behind closed doors .

If he made the stink in public, it would have negative results both with the NFL and his employees.

I don't believe any of this is on Clark, but may have something to do with the "Kansas City Shuffle" discussed in the book that Nzoner mentioned and profits. I think Randallflagg did a good job of pointing out the marketing that went on Monday night.
Or maybe Clark's a pussy? Or maybe, as I've said, he's fine with the losses because he's not a football guy, but he's pretty-much making stupid mega money anyway?

I can't imagine if he has the least little bit of passion for the game that he could remain silent like he does. Like I've said, the other owners appreciate him fielding a pretty-much NPC team.

We used to bring people on the boat when we went rock fish fishing, not to fish, but to increase the amount we could take. The Hunts are like that ride-along; give them some of the take for the ride along and they're happy.

Old 11-22-2018, 08:43 AM   #544
It was not a fair catch

Time to move on
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2018, 08:49 AM   #545

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
Time to move on
How does that fix the problem?
Old 11-22-2018, 08:55 AM   #546
Veteran

The Chiefs are having a good season, the past is the past. The Chiefs have a QB and the players on offense to overcome bad (or biased, rigged, etc.) referees. The Chiefs have had opportunities to win in all of the heartbreaking losses they have had. If I had one thing to blame it would be the Chiefs themselves; passing in the Colts game when Marcus Allen was tearing them up on the ground, replacing Gannon with GrBac against the Broncos, continued throwing the ball and no deep safety help against the Colts, being unable to score more than 18 points against the Steelers, etc. The Chiefs have had a big hand in all of their losses.

I am not going to let the failures of the past ruin my enjoyment of the Chiefs now.
crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-22-2018, 09:13 AM   #547
Wasted away again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
Or maybe Clark's a pussy? Or maybe, as I've said, he's fine with the losses because he's not a football guy, but he's pretty-much making stupid mega money anyway?

I can't imagine if he has the least little bit of passion for the game that he could remain silent like he does. Like I've said, the other owners appreciate him fielding a pretty-much NPC team.

We used to bring people on the boat when we went rock fish fishing, not to fish, but to increase the amount we could take. The Hunts are like that ride-along; give them some of the take for the ride along and they're happy.

I'm sure that Clark doesn't care that he's never held the trophy that bears his father's name.

Riiiiight...
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2018, 09:18 AM   #548
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
How does that fix the problem?
It will never be fixed until we win the Super Bowl.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2018, 09:48 AM   #549

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
I'm sure that Clark doesn't care that he's never held the trophy that bears his father's name.

Riiiiight...
Well if it bothers him it hasn't bothered him enough to say it publicly, or even speak-out publicly about the things that continue to keep others marring his father's name with their fingerprints.

I'm thinking that it bothers him very little. Very very little perhaps. I suspect he's far more interested in the name of the ownership sheet and the cash it pours into his checking account than something etched into some non-soccer trophy.

I think Clark's ambitions/desires, in his own mind's eye, are much bigger than the city of KC and some football fans, his loyalty to football is nothing bigger than the cash if brings him to enable other personal interests.
Old 11-22-2018, 09:53 AM   #550

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
It will never be fixed until we win the Super Bowl.
That will certainly be confirmation that we got a pass for at least one year. Perhaps to use a timely defense against pesky claims that the NFL is rigged and/or favors large market teams (because profits).
Old 11-22-2018, 10:43 AM   #551
Wasted away again...

Quote:
Well if it bothers him it hasn't bothered him enough to say it publicly, or even speak-out publicly about the things that continue to keep others marring his father's name with their fingerprints.

I'm thinking that it bothers him very little. Very very little perhaps. I suspect he's far more interested in the name of the ownership sheet and the cash it pours into his checking account than something etched into some non-soccer trophy.

I think Clark's ambitions/desires, in his own mind's eye, are much bigger than the city of KC and some football fans, his loyalty to football is nothing bigger than the cash if brings him to enable other personal interests.
I don't know if its funny or scary that you actually believe this.

Like I said earlier, it's a coping mechanism.
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2018, 10:53 AM   #552
Supporter

Quote:

Being a loud mouth, in your face owner that is always flapping to the media only appeases the neanderthal fans that drive 4 wd camaros and chew red man tobacco.

It will do nothing but alienate the NFL, the team and employees. It pretty much works this way in the business world as well.
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2018, 10:59 AM   #553
I've Made a Huge Mistake

Quote:
How about no, we'll comment all we want.

Of course you can. But Blackops is talking about not watching yet we know he will. You talk about others giving the NFL what it wants, but what are you doing if not the same thing by watching?

Do what you want, but acting like others are sheep while you are watching as well seems confusing. If anything, I think it makes less sense that you believe it's rigged and are still invested.
NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 11-22-2018, 11:15 AM   #554
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan View Post
Of course you can. But Blackops is talking about not watching yet we know he will. You talk about others giving the NFL what it wants, but what are you doing if not the same thing by watching?

Do what you want, but acting like others are sheep while you are watching as well seems confusing. If anything, I think it makes less sense that you believe it's rigged and are still invested.
Nope, I'm done. Something clicked after watching the Chargers/Donks game...where they invented an OPI call with :37 seconds left. Instead of letting a team legitimately make a comeback, which is why I watch football....the refs actively attempted to intervene and ruin the game. They were instructed to do this out of greed.

The beginning of of the Rams game was the same thing....and I just realized how lame this is.

I didn't call anyone sheep...it's not the fans fault that the NFL's greed has steered the game in this direction. It's on them...their wings of wax will melt eventually. They are the ones who think the fans are sheep...

Don't get we wrong...I've watched KC for decades. I think football is greatest sport ever created. It's just morphed into something where the officiating is actually more influential than the players. I mean they gave the Raiders 3 plays after time expired...and removed a legit strip/sack in the play-offs. It's been a long time coming...but it's gotten to the point where the NFL is overtly using the officials to get the results they want...and they've set up a system where nobody can actively complain about it without ramifications. The announcers cant, the coaches cant...the players cant. The actual officials are gag-ordered....

Last edited by BlackOp; 11-22-2018 at 11:32 AM..
BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2018, 11:24 AM   #555
I've Made a Huge Mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOp View Post
Nope, I'm done. Something clicked after watching the Chargers/Donks game...where they invented an OPI call with :37 seconds left. Instead of letting a team legitimately make a comeback, which is why I watch football....the refs actively attempted to intervene and ruin the game. They were instructed to do this out of greed.

The beginning of of the Rams game was the same thing....and I just realized how lame this is.

I didn't call anyone sheep...it's not the fans fault that the NFL's greed has steered the game in this direction. It's on them...their wings of wax will melt eventually. They are the ones who think the fans are sheep...
So you are done watching? Like if we get to the AFCCG or the SB, you are not watching?
NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.