Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-18-2018, 05:22 PM  
Beyond the Rapids

"All-star" officiating crew for Rams-Chiefs game

NFL ups intensity with all-star officials for Rams-Chiefs game

Kevin Seifert
ESPN.com NFL Nation

The NFL took the unusual step this week of assigning an "all-star" officiating crew to the most highly anticipated game of the season, adding to the playofflike frenzy for Monday night's matchup between the Kansas City Chiefs and Los Angeles Rams.

Referee Clete Blakeman will work the game with only two members of his regular crew, umpire Ramon George and down judge Dana McKenzie. The other five officials -- including Jim Lapetina, who will handle replay -- were plucked from four other crews.

The approach is similar to how the NFL assigns officials to playoff games, a process that is based on performance and seniority rather than crew. But it is rarely, if ever, employed before the postseason. Officials typically work on the same eight-person crews throughout the regular season to maximize continuity and familiarity among members.

Individual crew members are occasionally juggled for health or scheduling reasons. But a series of actions this season have indicated the league is moving away from the consistent crew concept, in favor of a more aggressive administration of officiating. Earlier this season, the league bounced down judge Hugo Cruz among four crews before ultimately making him its first-ever official to be fired for performance during the season.

NFL spokesman Michael Signora confirmed Sunday that "there is a rotation amongst the crews throughout the season." Signora did not provide details on the decision to overhaul Blakeman's crew for Monday night's game.

An officiating source said Sunday that the five officials added to Monday night's crew are all highly respected and have performed well this season.

The Chiefs-Rams game, originally scheduled to be played in Mexico City before it was relocated to Los Angeles, is a rare matchup. Since 1970, there have been only four other games pitting teams with one or fewer losses this late in the season. And according to the Elias Sports Bureau, this is the latest matchup ever between two teams averaging at least 33 points per game.

The following is the full crew for Monday night's game, as listed on the official flip card published by the NFL, with the officials' permanent referee in parentheses:

Referee: Clete Blakeman

Umpire: Ramon George (Blakeman)

Down judge: Dana McKenzie (Blakeman)

Line judge: Rusty Baynes (John Hussey)

Field judge: Dale Shaw (Jerome Boger)

Side judge: Brad Freeman (Clay Martin)

Back judge: Tony Steratore (Boger)

Replay: Jim Lapetina (Brad Allen)

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...ff-rams-chiefs
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2018, 12:23 AM   #466
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabblerouser View Post
They were swayed by the NFL and the "LA Agenda", don't get it twisted.

The league manipulates calls to favor a specific outcome.

The refs didn't get 'swept up by the RamzFanz mass hysteria'

They did what the voice in those earpieces told them to do.

Don't forget that.
I don't think Goodell ever had to tell them anything. They just knew what was expected of them, and what they'd better do if they want to remain on the "all star" crew.

I still want to know how that all star status is designated. If Goodell has any input over ref promotions or perks, it's a clear chance for him to wield influence - again without ever even saying it out loud.

Did Goodell get the ref fired earlier this year (another unprecedented move)? Nothing sends a message like firing someone every now and then.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2018, 12:32 AM   #467
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
I don't think Goodell ever had to tell them anything. They just knew what was expected of them, and what they'd better do if they want to remain on the "all star" crew.

I still want to know how that all star status is designated. If Goodell has any input over ref promotions or perks, it's a clear chance for him to wield influence - again without ever even saying it out loud.

Did Goodell get the ref fired earlier this year (another unprecedented move)? Nothing sends a message like firing someone every now and then.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bus...oodell-2013-10

Goodell the Dictator always got something up his sleeve.

Quote:
Baltimore Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs says NFL commissioner Roger Goodell "had a hand" in the power outage that delayed the Super Bowl for 34 minutes last February.

The Ravens were up 28-6 in the third quarter when the lights at the Superdome in New Orleans went out. The 49ers went on a furious comeback when play resumed, narrowing the gap to 28-23 before Baltimore pulled away for good.

Suggs told ESPN that the blackout was a ploy:

"I was like Vegas, parlor tricks, you know what I mean? I was like, ahh, Roger Goodell, he never stops, he always has something up his sleeve. He just couldn't let us have this one in a landslide, huh?
"I thought he had a hand in it. Most definitely, he had a hand in it."
Officials said a shoddy relay - a device designed to protect the building from a power failure - caused the outage.

Suggs isn't the first Raven to call it a conspiracy.

Last month ESPN's Ray Lewis told an NFL Films documentary that it can't see how the blackout wasn't pre-planned:

"... You cannot tell me somebody wasn't sitting there and when they say, 'The Ravens (are) about to blow them out. Man, we better do something.' ... That's a huge shift in any game, in all seriousness. And as you see how huge it was because it let them right back in the game."

The main takeaway here is that players don't trust Goodell. Since he became commissioner he has had an antagonistic relationship with players. When they view him as dictator who abuses his own power, conspiracies like this are going to inevitably pop up.
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2018, 05:26 AM   #468
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Go **** your mother pillowbiter

I don’t think there’s a grand conspiracy, but I also am not naive enough to believe it was a just a big ****ing coincidence that the home team in a big market got biased officating from a last min All-Star ref crew while the media played up the “rallying around the community” narrative after the tragedies they’ve suffered.

You couldn’t write this shit up any better the way everything played out. Me and Detoxing literally called this happening in the GDT before the game. I guess it’s all just on big ****ing coincidence though like I said.
Yep, and don't forget to be nice so Santa can bring you some nice things down the chimney for Christmas.
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2018, 05:41 AM   #469
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabblerouser View Post
Umm...the NFL doesn't want to clear anything up, but they do want to remind you that season tickets for your favorite team will go fast, so start saving now.
Oh and don't miss out on the 25% off on all NFL gear with free shipping that ends today, everyday, as there is a new sale everyday. Get it now before it is all gone.
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2018, 05:42 AM   #470
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiEd View Post
Oh and don't miss out on the 25% off on all NFL gear with free shipping that ends today, everyday, as there is a new sale everyday. Get it now before it is all gone.
I see I'm not the only one getting tired of those emails.
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2018, 05:45 AM   #471
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
I see I'm not the only one getting tired of those emails.
You would think they would take a break for a few days just to create some kind of legitimacy to the sales.
Old 11-21-2018, 06:06 AM   #472
left blank intentionally

Quote:
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2018, 06:07 AM   #473
left blank intentionally

Quote:
You would think they would take a break for a few days just to create some kind of legitimacy to the sales.
I don't think the NFL even cares about creating the illusion of legitimacy, on any level.
Old 11-21-2018, 09:17 AM   #474
Andy Reid Supporter

I looked back on the DVR and this is 100% true. What in the ****?
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2018, 09:35 AM   #475
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post

The NFL doesn't respect its fans enough to count that high.

The guy in the earpiece told the ref to spot it there.

Amazing, how NY will buzz in and call for a review or even flat out overturn bad calls that go against their agenda, but somehow, in the most hyped regular season game EVER, with no other distractions and the entire football world watching...NY office lets ALL THIS SHIT go uncalled.

How would any reasonable, free-thinking adult NOT think this shit is rigged, is what I need to know.
Old 11-21-2018, 09:43 AM   #476
In Search of a Life

Quote:

They also gave us a terrible spot on one of Tyreek’s catches. He clearly got the 1st and they spotted him a full yard short. We converted, but that was another potential ****ening.

Like I said, it was the worst/most biased officiating I’ve ever seen in my life.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 10:27 AM   #477
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:

Agree with us yet?
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2018, 10:27 AM   #478
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pest View Post
Agree with us yet?
But but but Andy Reid!
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 11-21-2018, 10:28 AM   #479
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post

Like I said, it was the worst/most biased officiating I’ve ever seen in my life.
Um...that playoff game vs Titans was pretty biased.

"Forward progress" being the most egregious example.
Old 11-21-2018, 10:30 AM   #480
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
But but but Andy Reid!

Andy went full Reidtard at the precise moment the Chiefs needed him to not go Full Reidtard.