Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Hall of Classics

Old 08-25-2001, 12:04 PM  
Blind, deceived homer

PPL, Dissent and New Posters

PPL: Planet party line. Marty/Gun "sucks" (not my choice of words), Rams West is COOOOOL, 6-10 under Vermiel is better than 9-7 with Gun, all ex-Chiefs are money-grubbing scum suckers who are overrated anyway, T-Rich ain't good enuff, etc...

Dissent: People who post replies not in conformity to the PPL.

New Posters: People who innocently post their actual opinions rather than subscribe to the PPL and get shouted down by the clique of regulars touting the conventional wisdom.

Oh well, its only football, and most of us deserve each other.

KCJ
Football Paraiah
KCJohnny must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCJohnny must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCJohnny must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCJohnny must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCJohnny must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCJohnny must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCJohnny must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCJohnny must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCJohnny must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCJohnny must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCJohnny must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 08-26-2001, 09:34 PM   #106
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally posted by splatbass
"Like much of the DNC blather, it is insulting to anyone of intelligence. "

Luzap - This is insulting to those of us who are Democrats. To imply that Democrats have no intelligence is ridiculous. Believe it or not, some of us are college graduates and everything... I would put my "intelligence" against yours any day of the week!

Don't worry It's just his opinion
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-26-2001, 09:42 PM   #107
GO CHIEFS!!!!!!

Oh great...

please! No political discussions!!!!!!??

Just brush it off, splatbass.

Besides, its just words!
Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 08-26-2001, 09:42 PM   #108
MVP

"Don't worry It's just his opinion "

My point exactly, ChiefPriority - Differences in political philosophy are just that, OPINIONS. People of equal intelligence can have different OPINIONS. The diffences between the DNC and the RNC have nothing to do with their intelligence, they are just differences of opinion. What he said was that anyone with any intelligence would agree with him, a very arrogant opinion as far as I'm concerned.
splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 08-26-2001, 09:44 PM   #109
GO CHIEFS!!!!!!

For what its worth, splatbass. I'm a Democrat, but I'm not offended by his comment...

probably because I'm never serious
Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 08-26-2001, 09:47 PM   #110
GO CHIEFS!!!!!!

splatbass,

Actually...since you brought up politics...you are now dropped from the PPL.

Sorry...no political discussion during football season.

You are hearby dropped!!!!

CG

j/k
Old 08-26-2001, 09:59 PM   #111
Phobia

splatbass,

I don't speak for Luzap, but I know that he and Oleman go round & round on political issues. I doubt his comment was aimed towards anybody except Oleman.
Old 08-27-2001, 12:13 AM   #112
Bucs 48 Raiders 21

If Gunther was sending Proctor care packages, maybe Karl Malone e-mailed him his retirement letter?

This could explain the Chaplin's grouchiness...
California Injun is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.California Injun is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 08-27-2001, 12:28 AM   #113
Lord of the SB Rings

What ever happened to that Cody I remember who came on the Star BB last year...talking so polite, and making every effort not to step on people's shoes, so to speak? Wow. What a change
from then to now. Maybe the fact that you have accumulated a high multitude of posts on this board in a short time...makes you feel like you have the right to speak on behalf of most of us.
Your credibility to me is wearing thhin, only because I think the old Cody is the real one.
CanadaKC has disabled reputation
Old 08-27-2001, 06:14 AM   #114
Archivist

This is just plain sad...it's pathetic. For anyone to post this joking or not is silly.
KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 08-27-2001, 06:18 AM   #115
Court Jester

What happened to Proctor? I've been away from this board for a while and now it seems like he has a totally different personality.
Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-27-2001, 06:21 AM   #116
Regular

You know I thought the same thing Mizzou, it just doesn't seem like the guy I originally got to know over at the Star BB a few years ago. I guess we all get wound up about something at some time or another, lord knows I've had my share.
gh4chiefs is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.gh4chiefs is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.gh4chiefs is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.gh4chiefs is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.gh4chiefs is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.gh4chiefs is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 08-27-2001, 06:30 AM   #117
Court Jester

Maybe he's still mad about the Jazz choking in the 1st round of the playoffs. You'd think he be used to it by now.
Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-27-2001, 08:17 AM   #118
Need a new title

My, my my where to start?

Generally speaking the participates on this BB conduct themselves in a civil manner. The possible exception would be the dog-piling on Ken but, that is not really worthy of additional comment. This virtual community consists of a group of intelligent, passionate, and sometimes arrogant football fans. Many of us still Respect Marty and his accomplishments as a head coach. Most of us think we like Gun as a person, ( I say think because few if any of us actually know the man). Myself and many other people on this BB think Gun rose to the level of his incompetence. I did not see a structured thought process. There was not a clearly defined goal and no clear evidences of success. Marty with all his warts did know how to lead. He knew how to plan. He had a goal and how he thought the team should travel to reach this goal. They never made it but, one could at least see what he was trying to do. General Patton and Dick Van Patton were each suited to the jobs they had. These men were not however interchangeable. Gunny was a very good defensive coach he IMO did not understand delegation and administration but back to the topic at hand. While I can't speak for the others I am excited and optimistic about the upcoming season. Is it because of the so called Ramification of the Chiefs? Sort of. I like what I see and hear from Trent Green. He seems to know what it takes to be a leader. I don't expect to hear " I can't throw it and catch it too". As much as I loved watching the Nigerian Nightmare run over people I think watching Priest Holmes run around them will be fun too. Watching Gun being interviewed last year was often like watching a train wreck it wasn't pretty but you couldn't turn away. Dick Vermeil knows how to say the right things. yes they are scripted and not particularly enlightening but you don't have the queasy feeling of " Oh lord what is he going to say this time?" So basically what I'm saying is Marty and Gun are gone they each did some good things while they were here but, their time has passed. It is pre-season and hope springs eternal this time of year. Might as well hop on the band wagon and try and enjoy the ride. Should the Chiefs go 6-10 this year there will plenty of opportunity for complaining but in the mean time the Chiefs are undefeated in the regular season and we have those Rat-Bastages the Raiders headed to Arrowhead very soon. Ah football, how sweet it is!
Lightning Rod is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Lightning Rod is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 08-27-2001, 08:34 AM   #119
Defense Homer

Feh!

A Planet Party Line?. We have so many diverse opinions here that we seldom agree on anything. Throw out any topic and you are going to see a wide diversity of opinion [a wonderful thing, IMO], delivered with a wide diversity of styles.

I do not believe that there is any such thing as a Planet Party Line. I think this is someone trying to bolster his personal view by devaluing any other view that does not concur. Imply that anyone who thinks differently from you is just a sheep following the herd. Given our demonstrated dislike of groupthink, it is intended to shame someone into agreeing with the author, lest he be tainted as lacking independent thought.

This is a shamefully shoddy and transparent tactic that should have died stillborn in the author's head. He did no favor to himself by this lame attempt to assume the mantle of martyr.

Shame on him.

xoxo~
Gaz
Disappointed on so many levels.
Gaz has disabled reputation
Old 08-27-2001, 08:37 AM   #120
What time is it?

YYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNNNN.

MM
~~Disagrees with just about everyone at one point or another.
Mark M is not part of the Right 53.Mark M is not part of the Right 53.Mark M is not part of the Right 53.Mark M is not part of the Right 53.Mark M is not part of the Right 53.Mark M is not part of the Right 53.Mark M is not part of the Right 53.Mark M is not part of the Right 53.Mark M is not part of the Right 53.Mark M is not part of the Right 53.Mark M is not part of the Right 53.