Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Hall of Classics

Old 04-19-2005, 06:55 PM  
In Search of a Life

Last edited by ENDelt260; 08-15-2023 at 12:04 AM..
ENDelt260 has disabled reputation
Old 05-19-2005, 10:22 AM   #46
Phobia

Hell, I've already completed the work of 2 men this morning. Now I'm off to the depot to buy more shit.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:00 AM   #47
Supporter

Sounds like my poem was correct, and you'd better double up those Joists.

The water splashes out the Top
this nights girl, did belly flop.
The Hot tub, a great idear
4 person tub will fit her rear.

A lesson learned, Too much to expect
1 cannon ball, 1 water bed wrecked.
In cursing rage, she's someone's daughter
your condo filled....4" of water.

You fell a sleep and now its morning
should have heeded, weight limit warning.
Awkward chat as you get dressed
She'll back tonight,
she's got your address
Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:03 AM   #48
Smokin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mer
I'm so bummed over your lack of imagination.

I was thinking the same thing.
RedNFeisty Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RedNFeisty Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RedNFeisty Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RedNFeisty Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RedNFeisty Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RedNFeisty Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RedNFeisty Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RedNFeisty Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RedNFeisty Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RedNFeisty Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RedNFeisty Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-20-2005, 02:51 PM   #49
BAMF

Hey Phil, what are you going to do for joists under the decking? I assume you're just going to do what they did before and lay down floating 2xs.

You might want to cut some extra strips from the 90# to use as pads under them, so they aren't sitting directly on the roofing material. That way any wear from friction should occur on the strips. If you have enough room, you might even buy a sheet of 1/2" fiber board an cut strips out of that.

I thought of that after I talked to you the other day. Hope I'm not too late with the suggestion.
jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 05-20-2005, 03:00 PM   #50
"Think BOOM!"

Phobia, where are you going to buy wood? I'm contemplating a very simple 8x8 deck, and I've priced 2"x6"x8' pressure-treated pine at Home Depot at $6.69 each.

Is that expensive?
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2005, 03:01 PM   #51
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENDelt260
When they're done, I'll post some shots of that.
Take pictures of them when they're working. They like that.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2005, 04:59 PM   #52
Phobia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger
Phobia, where are you going to buy wood? I'm contemplating a very simple 8x8 deck, and I've priced 2"x6"x8' pressure-treated pine at Home Depot at $6.69 each.

Is that expensive?
Nah. That's about right. Believe it or not, I get most of my lumber at Lowes and Home Depot. The local lumber yards and deck suppliers aren't any cheaper and there's a Lowes/Depot within a couple miles of all my jobs.
Old 05-20-2005, 05:05 PM   #53
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Nah. That's about right. Believe it or not, I get most of my lumber at Lowes and Home Depot. The local lumber yards and deck suppliers aren't any cheaper and there's a Lowes/Depot within a couple miles of all my jobs.
Excellent. Thank you. I'm tempted to buy the redwood but it's around $9.50 a board. The Douglas Fir is $4.50. Ever use Douglas Fir?
Old 05-20-2005, 07:46 PM   #54
Phobia

Use douglas fir on a deck only if you intend to put about 3 coats of paint on each side.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:35 PM   #55
Screw U if U can't take a joke

Quote:
Putting together the new decking has begun.

That looks nice. I expect a great result. On other fronts your HOA sucks, because those stairs are indeed same as before in color and look almost as bad. Oh well at least I am sure they are safe now.
Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.
Old 05-21-2005, 08:19 AM   #56
Supporter

Quote:
New steps.

Are those steps wide enough for.....um.....the things you need to take up there?
Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.
Old 05-21-2005, 11:18 AM   #57
Supporter

Any consideration to laying your deck out in Trex or the like?
My buddy just got one of those multi-level decks that span the entire back of the house, and it was composed entirely of composite. Don't know if it was Trex or one of the competitors. Mix of sawdust and recycled plastics with UV protection. He chose the one he did because of it's sturdiness and because it was molded with redwood grain.
Very nice.
Not too much more expensive in the long haul, considering that it's maintenance free. Biggest drawback was it is murder on sawblades. Think MDF on crack.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-21-2005, 01:53 PM   #58
Will KC ever be better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip Towne
Are those steps wide enough for.....um.....the things you need to take up there?

If she won't fit up those steps, she's to heavy for Phil's work anyway.
PastorMikH must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PastorMikH must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PastorMikH must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PastorMikH must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PastorMikH must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PastorMikH must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PastorMikH must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PastorMikH must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PastorMikH must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PastorMikH must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PastorMikH must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 05-21-2005, 06:08 PM   #59
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastorMikH
If she won't fit up those steps, she's to heavy for Phil's work anyway.
Good one!!
Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.
Old 05-23-2005, 05:53 PM   #60
King Shit of **** Mountain

Quote:
There was discussion of using composite, but Phil was concerned that the composite decking holds heat more than wood, and that in Arizona that could be an important detail. So, we went with wood.
Wood-amia.
Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.