Arrowhead Trail of Tears

*** Thursday Night Disappointment - Dolphins @ Jaguars ***

Miami Dolphins (0-2)
at
Jacksonville Jaguars (1-1)

9/24
7:20pm CST
on NFL Network
TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2020, 02:50 PM   #31
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
What I've been told by people that actually care enough to pay attention to this sort of thing is that it comes down to budget. Bottom line, the NFL-N simply doesn't have the ability to out-bid anybody so they get the "bottom of the barrel" games so to speak.

Oh, they get the first game of the season which should be a good game because I guess the SB champs are in that one, and a couple others down the line, but most of the TNF match-ups are games the other networks weren't that interested in.
Interesting. Thanks for explaining the process. I would have assumed that the league would set the schedule and that the networks would buy a time slot but have limited influence and input on which game get allotted to that slot.

Has it always been the case that Monday night has been viewed as more prestigious than Thursday and commanded better TV figures.
Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 09-24-2020, 03:50 PM   #32
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

I’ll enjoy this one I hope, bad teams and all. I like watching these two QBs just let their nuts hang.

Hoping Minshew secures the job long term.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 04:06 PM   #33
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eureka View Post
Here's the complete "Thursday Night Football" schedule:

Week 2, Sept. 17: Bengals at Browns, 8:20 p.m. ET, NFL Network
Week 3, Sept. 24: Dolphins at Jaguars, 8:20 p.m. ET, NFL Network
Week 4, Oct. 1: Broncos at Jets, 8:20 p.m. ET, NFL Network
Week 5, Oct. 8: Buccaneers at Bears, 8:20 p.m. ET, NFL Network, Fox, Amazon Prime Video
Week 6, Oct. 15: Chiefs at Bills, 8:20 p.m. ET, NFL Network, Fox, Amazon Prime Video
Week 7, Oct. 22: Giants at Eagles, 8:20 p.m. ET, NFL Network, Fox, Amazon Prime Video
Week 8, Oct. 29: Falcons at Panthers, 8:20 p.m. ET, NFL Network, Fox, Amazon Prime Video
Week 9, Nov. 5: Packers at 49ers, 8:20 p.m. ET, NFL Network, Fox, Amazon Prime Video
Week 10, Nov. 12: Colts at Titans, 8:20 p.m. ET, NFL Network, Fox, Amazon Prime Video
Week 11, Nov. 19: Cardinals at Seahawks, 8:20 p.m. ET, NFL Network, Fox, Amazon Prime Video
Week 13, Dec. 3: Cowboys at Ravens, 8:20 p.m. ET, NFL Network, Fox, Amazon Prime Video
Week 14, Dec. 10: Patriots at Rams, 8:20 p.m. ET, NFL Network, Fox, Amazon Prime Video
Week 15, Dec. 17: Chargers at Raiders, 8:20 p.m. ET, NFL Network, Fox, Amazon Prime Video
I don't mind most of this schedule. Thursdays are a great night for hardcore fans to see teams that they don't normally see. I like watching the Bengals and Cardinals and Bears. The least interesting games to me are the ones that have the overexposed teams like the patriots and Packers. I'm least likely to watch Weeks 9 and 14, and I'll look forward to seeing tonight's game and Week 8.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2020, 04:20 PM   #34
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayneplane View Post
Interesting. Thanks for explaining the process. I would have assumed that the league would set the schedule and that the networks would buy a time slot but have limited influence and input on which game get allotted to that slot.

Has it always been the case that Monday night has been viewed as more prestigious than Thursday and commanded better TV figures.
As long as we're on the same page that "this is what I've been told." I don't know for certain. Never cared enough to check it out either.

As for MNF, I think it's not nearly the game it used to be. When I was a kid it was THE GAME. I might miss a game on Sunday (back then there was no TNF and only two games televised on Sundays most of the time) but no one missed the MNF game. The whole country pretty much sat down for that one. So it was always the biggest game with the biggest names in it.

Nowadays MNF isn't nearly as big a deal and the teams are not always the best in the league.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2020, 04:37 PM   #35
In Search of a Life

Quote:
As long as we're on the same page that "this is what I've been told." I don't know for certain. Never cared enough to check it out either.

As for MNF, I think it's not nearly the game it used to be. When I was a kid it was THE GAME. I might miss a game on Sunday (back then there was no TNF and only two games televised on Sundays most of the time) but no one missed the MNF game. The whole country pretty much sat down for that one. So it was always the biggest game with the biggest names in it.

Nowadays MNF isn't nearly as big a deal and the teams are not always the best in the league.
The Sunday Night game is typically the big game now.
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 04:45 PM   #36
Pessimistically optimistic.

I never would have thought Gardner Minshew would be as big as he is now after taking over for Nick Foles in Week 1 last season.

Jags by 10.
MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2020, 04:50 PM   #37
Forever Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
I’ll enjoy this one I hope, bad teams and all. I like watching these two QBs just let their nuts hang.

Two QBs that have a don’t care attitude and don’t play scared will make for a good game no matter the teams.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 09-24-2020, 05:00 PM   #38
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post

Last Thursday's game was pretty entertaining, so I'm with you, hoping it's good entertainment and not a dumpster fire. Both of these QBs can play well, and in dramatic fashion so we have some hope. Neither team is a threat down the road, so I don't really care how their defenses play. If they show up AND both Qbs play well, that's just icing on the cake for me.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2020, 05:01 PM   #39
'Tis my eye!

TNF and MNF aren't what they used to be because they're on cable.

SNF is the new MNF because it's on broadcast TV.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2020, 05:01 PM   #40
Arrowhead Trail of Tears

Quote:

I think MNF suffers a shitload due to being on ESPN
TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2020, 05:03 PM   #41
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalElder View Post
It does.

If it were still on ABC, it would be a lot bigger.

I'm a huge boxing fan. The death of boxing as a premiere sport coincided almost directly with going from being on network TV to being exclusively on PPV.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 05:04 PM   #42
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalElder View Post
Completely agree. I thought it was a bad move when they did it. Should be a major network game. I think it would get more views or whatever.
Old 09-24-2020, 05:05 PM   #43
'Tis my eye!

I wonder how Fitzpatrick feels when the pre-game QB hype is about his BACKUP. LOL
Old 09-24-2020, 05:34 PM   #44
pie is never free

Its impossible for me to not root for Minshew, the sparky sixth rounder coming outta nowheresville

Only been able to watch him once, not to mention my work buddy is a big Fins fan... so tonight should offer up a bountiful harvest of grist for my snark mill

BIG rep, and everlasting friendship for a decent link...
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2020, 05:39 PM   #45
Arrowhead Trail of Tears

A "teal" out in Jacksonville