Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-23-2020, 04:59 PM  
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Chiefs release updated Depth Chart ahead of MNF 9/28

Don't think it's official yet, but it looks like Ward might play:
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/list...-chart-week-3/

-Taken from ChiefsWire
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2020, 07:22 AM   #31
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
The big thing that changed with the run defense last year was guys like Chris Jones playing more disciplined and not shooting upfield on every play.
Exactly. Us getting ripped to shreds in the regular season loss to Tennessee coinciding with Reid putting him down as a game inactive have created kind of a ridiculous legend around here.

I'm not going to deny that he's an effective run clogger, but he's playing with us on another dirt cheap ass contract, and I have a feeling it's not because he loves Kansas City THAT much. The way people talk about him, he should be on a multi-year deal with us or somewhere else earning Linval Joseph money (his last extension in Minnesota was 2 years $17 million). Most of all, he should be a freaking STARTER if he's that good.

My guess? He ends up being effective in the DL rotation this Monday. Putting in 10-20 snaps. That would be under 50%. They're quality snaps. He might even make a big play or two. But I don't think he's worthy of being thought of as a cure to any run defense problems we may encounter this year.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2020, 07:31 AM   #32

Okay that's about enough Pennel bashing! Mods, please lock this thread and move to Romper Room as it is now full of LIES!!!!
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 07:35 AM   #33
'Tis my eye!

Nobody is bashing Pennel.

Just tempering expectations.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2020, 08:39 AM   #34
Curmudgeon

I don't think anyone is expecting Pennel to save our D, but it does allow for some flexibility . With Saunders on DL, I'd want as many big bodies up front as we can get.
oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.
Old 09-24-2020, 08:46 AM   #35
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
I don't think anyone is expecting Pennel to save our D, but it does allow for some flexibility . With Saunders on DL, I'd want as many big bodies up front as we can get.
There's definitely some people here that think he's the difference between good run D and bad run D.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2020, 08:58 AM   #36
bite me

Quote:
There's definitely some people here that think he's the difference between good run D and bad run D.
I would be one of those people. He's not a superstar but our run defense seems much better when he's in there. Strictly a situational player but a needed one IMO.
old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 09-24-2020, 09:32 AM   #37
Future NBA Finals MVP

When Pennell came to down last year our defense was automatically better. I don't know how well he will help the run game vs the Ravens since alot of it is Lamar sneaking around but vs teams like Tennessee he makes us so much better.

How as Hamilton looked so far? It's sometimes difficult to see everything that is going on in coverage on TV, but from my short glimpses he hasn't looked great. Maybe I'm wrong.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2020, 10:02 AM   #38
#RIPAce

Pennel isn't a savior, but he's an upgrade in the area we were hemorrhaging yards terribly.

I'm glad to have him back, and glad to have a find like Wharton as well.

But Derrick Nnadi is the OG when it comes to run defense.
CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2020, 10:08 AM   #39
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
When Pennell came to down last year our defense was automatically better. I don't know how well he will help the run game vs the Ravens since alot of it is Lamar sneaking around but vs teams like Tennessee he makes us so much better.

How as Hamilton looked so far? It's sometimes difficult to see everything that is going on in coverage on TV, but from my short glimpses he hasn't looked great. Maybe I'm wrong.
I have nothing against Hamilton, but due to the Breeland suspension and the Ward injury, he's been exposed. He's definitely not a starting CB, but I could see him being quite effective in dime situations.

Sorensen has the same issue now. Because he's playing in most base D sets, he's getting exposed more often on stuff that he looked impressive on late in the year and into the playoffs. But Thornhill has definitely struggled coming back from injury, so he's probably the best we've got to fill that position.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2020, 10:13 AM   #40
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot OVER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
And you can just go **** yourself with your mom's favorite chrome dildo, ****hole.
McDouche doing McDouche things as always. I was really hoping the Virus would wipe your stupid ass.
Scorp wants to die in a aids tree fire.Scorp wants to die in a aids tree fire.Scorp wants to die in a aids tree fire.Scorp wants to die in a aids tree fire.Scorp wants to die in a aids tree fire.Scorp wants to die in a aids tree fire.Scorp wants to die in a aids tree fire.Scorp wants to die in a aids tree fire.Scorp wants to die in a aids tree fire.Scorp wants to die in a aids tree fire.Scorp wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 09-24-2020, 10:42 AM   #41
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief View Post
Pennel isn't a savior, but he's an upgrade in the area we were hemorrhaging yards terribly.

I'm glad to have him back, and glad to have a find like Wharton as well.

But Derrick Nnadi is the OG when it comes to run defense.
If Chris Jones and the other guys can't play with discipline, it won't matter what Pennel does.

This defense is predicated on everybody doing their jobs and being in the right place at the right time.
Old 09-24-2020, 11:39 AM   #42
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Well it looks like the PR guys weren't just pulling stuff out of their asses. Looks like Ward will practice this week.

I know this is going to sound crazy, but the PR guys for the Chiefs organization, you know the PR guys that get paid by the Chiefs/Clark Hunt, The department within the company that probably has a budget in the tens of millions of dollars annually, might actually have some inside scoop on team information like who might be available from week to week. Shocker, right?
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2020, 11:41 AM   #43
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
If Chris Jones and the other guys can't play with discipline, it won't matter what Pennel does.

This defense is predicated on everybody doing their jobs and being in the right place at the right time.
Let's just see how things go. Jones played pretty well last year in the playoffs just a few months ago. In fact, he made some great plays against the run in both of his playoff appearances. I'm just saying we can give him the benefit of the doubt.
Old 09-24-2020, 11:45 AM   #44
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Let's just see how things go. Jones played pretty well last year in the playoffs just a few months ago. In fact, he made some great plays against the run in both of his playoff appearances. I'm just saying we can give him the benefit of the doubt.
Don't get me wrong, we all know these guys can get it done.

Honestly, they looked like a preseason defense out there the last couple of weeks. They won a Super Bowl and without the benefit of a proper offseason, they've fallen back on some bad habits.

I'm sure they'll be fine. In fact, given the quality of the competition on Monday, I think they'll be extra-focused.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 12:14 PM   #45
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Well it looks like the PR guys weren't just pulling stuff out of their asses. Looks like Ward will practice this week.

I know this is going to sound crazy, but the PR guys for the Chiefs organization, you know the PR guys that get paid by the Chiefs/Clark Hunt, The department within the company that probably has a budget in the tens of millions of dollars annually, might actually have some inside scoop on team information like who might be available from week to week. Shocker, right?
PR guys have nothing to do with the owner or the head coach, especially if they're caught illegally videoing the sidelines of their opponent and that particular infraction has happened more than once during the tenure of the same head coach/owner.

/Pats fans