Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 02-18-2020, 07:53 PM  
Supporter

**** Official 2020 Fitness Thread ****

Where is everyone on their fitness goals these days?

I recently reached 315 bench. Feel stronger than ever but also getting old and takes so long to recover!
penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.
Old 02-19-2020, 05:48 PM   #16
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargem View Post
I'd be pretty happy with benching 220 for reps by the end of the year. Last year went okay and my deadlift and squats have built up a bit, but my overhead press and bench have stalled and it's getting frustrating.
In reality overhead press and bench press are really hard on your shoulders. Ask me how I know this. :’(
penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.
Old 02-19-2020, 08:27 PM   #17
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by philfree View Post
Right now I'm working toward getting back to my golf game and lifting free weights will hinder my swing and feel. And if I start doing it I'll do to much and that won't help. It may sound funny but I'm trying to find the natural me. Don't want to feel or be bulked up and when I find the natural me I need to find a way to maintain it. Keep in mind i'm 58 years old.
Newflash......you're 58 years old. Lifting weight can't/won't bulk you up at that age.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 10:06 PM   #18
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Newflash......you're 58 years old. Lifting weight can't/won't bulk you up at that age.
Right. Not to mention bad for your joints.

At that age better to focus on cardio and eating healthy. Do light weight workouts when you do lift with high reps..
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 02-19-2020, 10:13 PM   #19
Indian Twitter

Quote:
I still feel like I can and I am doing resistance training just not free weights. Maybe I'm fooling myself.
philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 02-20-2020, 05:36 AM   #20
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy View Post
Right. Not to mention bad for your joints.

At that age better to focus on cardio and eating healthy. Do light weight workouts when you do lift with high reps..
I love the “weights are bad for your joints” generic comments. Lift smarter when you’re older. Lifting free weights is still the best bang for your buck for weight loss. If your joints are bad, lighten the load and perfect your form.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-20-2020, 08:12 AM   #21
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
I love the “weights are bad for your joints” generic comments. Lift smarter when you’re older. Lifting free weights is still the best bang for your buck for weight loss. If your joints are bad, lighten the load and perfect your form.
BUT I CAN'T DO SQUATS BECAUSE BAD KNEES

SO I WILL DO QUARTER RANGE SQUATS AND LEG EXTENSIONS

loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 10:22 AM   #22
MVP

Okay, so I joined a gym after a LONG absence from lifting/working out. I have been running for 10 years or so and am in good overall cardio shape, but have gotten skinny fat, as runners often do.

In my mid-to-late 20's, I was much more into lifting. My max bench reached 295 at one point. But I have to say, I'm a bit discouraged. I've been going for a few weeks now, but I can barely put up 135 a couple times. I'm basically starting from scratch.

I'm 5'11" and weigh ~175, but I have a higher fat percentage than I'd like...like over 20%. My goal is to be tone (belly) and gain strength. I don't necessarily feel the need to get to where I used to be, but I'd like to be able to do 225 a few times.

So...lose fat, tone up, gain strength. Any suggestions on how to organize workouts?
kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 02-20-2020, 10:26 AM   #23
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kepp View Post
Okay, so I joined a gym after a LONG absence from lifting/working out. I have been running for 10 years or so and am in good overall cardio shape, but have gotten skinny fat, as runners often do.

In my mid-to-late 20's, I was much more into lifting. My max bench reached 295 at one point. But I have to say, I'm a bit discouraged. I've been going for a few weeks now, but I can barely put up 135 a couple times. I'm basically starting from scratch.

I'm 5'11" and weigh ~175, but I have a higher fat percentage than I'd like...like over 20%. My goal is to be tone (belly) and gain strength. I don't necessarily feel the need to get to where I used to be, but I'd like to be able to do 225 a few times.

So...lose fat, tone up, gain strength. Any suggestions on how to organize workouts?
At your size and weight, I think you should get some protein in you and hit the weights. Do some cardio and such but man, you need muscle mass. We're about the same hight and I'm 200 lbs, and I'm carrying 24% body fat, so I have some work to do to get below 20%. Sounds to me like you just need to bulk up (again, protein) and hit the weights. There's a ton of programs free on line, just Google.
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-20-2020, 10:47 AM   #24

Quote:
Best bang for your buck losing weight is eating and drinking healthy and disciplined. Gym is just an added bonus.

Cardio does far more for losing weight than lifting weights will. Good for your heart too.
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 10:48 AM   #25
Supporter

Quote:
Who the **** let you in here!
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 11:00 AM   #26
Get in, loser.

Quote:
Cardio does far more for losing weight than lifting weights will. Good for your heart too.
I've read the contrary, actually. By lifting weights you can change your body composition in adding more muscle, which will burn more calories in the long run.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-20-2020, 11:03 AM   #27
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
I've read the contrary, actually. By lifting weights you can change your body composition in adding more muscle, which will burn more calories in the long run.
Yup, muscle burns calories. Gain muscle, burn more calories.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-20-2020, 11:14 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
I've read that too. I don't buy it. Personally, I'll take cardio over lifting any day as far as keeping my weight down but to each their own. Do what works best for you.
Old 02-20-2020, 11:18 AM   #29
Supporter

Quote:
Best bang for your buck losing weight is eating and drinking healthy and disciplined. Gym is just an added bonus.

Weight really isn't a measurement you should be using unless you are trying to make weight for a fight. Go more by how you feel and look in the mirror.

Going by weight I am less than 1 point from being considered obese. Could not be father from the truth.

Cardio strengthens heart and lungs. It really does not do much for burning calories.

Weight training builds muscle which needs more energy therefor you burn more calories and your body will look to utilizing fat stores to do so.
Old 02-20-2020, 11:18 AM   #30
Get in, loser.

Quote:
I've read that too. I don't buy it. Personally, I'll take cardio over lifting any day as far as keeping my weight down but to each their own. Do what works best for you.

Well, sure. If you only care about what the scale says, lifting weights won’t give you those immediate losses like distance running would since you’re likely to gain weight in muscles.. I think science backs lifting>running though.

It takes a lot more calories to maintain a 6’2” 215 pound body full of muscle than it would a 5’11” 175 pound slimmer body of a distance runner. The muscular guy is burning insane calories while he’s going about his day, resting, sleeping.

Plus, lifting heavy weights burns a shit ton of calories in its own right.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.