Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-19-2024, 09:14 AM  
In Search of a Life

Call Your Shot: Who's the Chiefs first pick?

Rule: You can change your answer up until next Thursday!

This might be the toughest year yet for this. I can see so many different possibilities, especially considering that I think there's a solid chance the Chiefs trade up.

Edit: It's draft day and I'm changing my pick!

Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia

There's way too much smoke about the Chiefs trading up and/or them targeting a LT. I'm going with a guy that I think could make it into our range, who also has the kind of upside that would have Veach itching to make a move to go get him.

Last edited by staylor26; 04-25-2024 at 06:21 AM..
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2024, 04:20 PM   #151
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Womble View Post
Shut the **** up homer. Perhaps I'm focused on production because it's actually the be all and end all for WRs. Listen, if we're drafting Ladd McConkey in the third round after getting a guy like Legette in a previous round then I'd be okay with it. But to spend our first round pick on a guy with borderline JAG college production to join a team that suffered through last year due to having JAG production WRs like Moore you homered on ain't a good thing. I'd rather get a guy in who can own a specific WR role than a JAG of all traits kinda guy.

Talk down all you want to me boy. You full on homered a guy who is perhaps the worst WR I have ever seen in the NFL. Your opinion means shit to me.

McConkey:

1,687 yards 14 TDs in 4 years

Legette:

1.678 yards 17 TDs in 5 years

You're literally too stupid to argue with.

Also, @ "homer"

Did the Chiefs draft Ladd McConkey already or something? You don't even make ****ing sense.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 04:38 PM   #152
Starter

OT from Oklahoma.
Pinchshot must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pinchshot must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pinchshot must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pinchshot must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pinchshot must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pinchshot must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pinchshot must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pinchshot must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pinchshot must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pinchshot must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Pinchshot must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 04-20-2024, 04:42 PM   #153
MVP

Not my first choice, but I think it will be WR Xavier Worthy.
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 04-20-2024, 04:43 PM   #154
Baba Ganoush

Need a poll to see who everyone WANTS, not what we think we’re going to do.
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2024, 05:11 PM   #155
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
McConkey:

1,687 yards 14 TDs in 4 years

Legette:

1.678 yards 17 TDs in 5 years

You're literally too stupid to argue with.

Also, @ "homer"

Did the Chiefs draft Ladd McConkey already or something? You don't even make ****ing sense.
Ladd McConkey in his last 2 college seasons where he was WR1 for the best team in football: 478 yards + 762 yards. 1240 total.

Legette in his final season playing in the same division for an inferior team: 1255 yards

Ladd McConkey had everything available to him at Georgia and did nothing of note in his playing time Go wank yourself silly to videos of his elite separation in practice. I'll take the guy who actually produces on gameday thanks.

Being a homer and being a reerun are the same thing in my book. You're a homer which means that I'll basically discount anything you ever say about football because your opinions are principally based on emotion, hence why you're so quick to discount the objectively most important stat for WRs and are instead focussing on subjective stuff.
Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.
Old 04-20-2024, 05:25 PM   #156
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Ladd McConkey in his last 2 college seasons where he was WR1 for the best team in football: 478 yards + 762 yards. 1240 total.

Legette in his final season playing in the same division for an inferior team: 1255 yards

Ladd McConkey had everything available to him at Georgia and did nothing of note in his playing time Go wank yourself silly to videos of his elite separation in practice. I'll take the guy who actually produces on gameday thanks.

Being a homer and being a reerun are the same thing in my book. You're a homer which means that I'll basically discount anything you ever say about football because your opinions are principally based on emotion, hence why you're so quick to discount the objectively most important stat for WRs and are instead focussing on subjective stuff.

You said production is the "be all end all", not me.

McConkey was the more productive player on a per route, per game, AND per year basis by far. The only reason it is even remotely close is because Legette played 5 YEARS.

Spencer Rattler is significantly better than any QB McConkey ever played with too, so your argument about situation is just as weak. Like I said, Georgia is the "best team" because they run the football and play defense, dipshit.

Again, too ****ing reeruned to argue with.
Old 04-20-2024, 05:26 PM   #157
Why so serious?

Quote:

It’s late in the UK. Sober up and get a ****ing clue. You’ll be better for it in the morning.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 06:00 PM   #158
Veteran

Quote:

You said production is the "be all end all", not me.

McConkey was the more productive player on a per route, per game, AND per year basis by far. The only reason it is even remotely close is because Legette played 5 YEARS.

Spencer Rattler is significantly better than any QB McConkey ever played with too, so your argument about situation is just as weak. Like I said, Georgia is the "best team" because they run the football and play defense, dipshit.

Again, too ****ing reeruned to argue with.
Disingenuous reerun saying 5 years when he was only played as the WR1 for one of those. And he easily beat out your bumboy in the one year he was given that opportunity.

Your argument about the QB would make sense if there weren't TE's getting more yards and RBs competing with him for 2nd place receiver. I guess the QB must just be bad at throwing the ball to WRs but is elite at passing to the TE and RBs....

If your boy McConkey is so ****ing productive then where are his yards? Why is it that he is being asked to run so few routes? You tell me. Are his coaches terrible? Is he a broke dick? Did he leave his playbook in his Corvette? What's the deal Scooby Doo?
Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.
Old 04-20-2024, 06:03 PM   #159
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Disingenuous reerun saying 5 years when he was only played as the WR1 for one of those. And he easily beat out your bumboy in the one year he was given that opportunity.

Your argument about the QB would make sense if there weren't TE's getting more yards and RBs competing with him for 2nd place receiver. I guess the QB must just be bad at throwing the ball to WRs but is elite at passing to the TE and RBs....

If your boy McConkey is so ****ing productive then where are his yards? Why is it that he is being asked to run so few routes? You tell me. Are his coaches terrible? Is he a broke dick? Did he leave his playbook in his Corvette? What's the deal Scooby Doo?
There is absolutely nothing disingenuous about pointing out the fact that by your own logic, McConkey is clearly the better player, as he was more productive on a per route/game/year basis. It IS disingenuous to ignore the fact that Legette was a 5th year Senior that did absolutely nothing in his first 4 years.

I've explained everything to you about as well as anybody possibly can, but when you're acting like a child sticking your fingers in your ears and refusing to listen, there's really no point in repeating myself, so I will refer you to my previous posts, reerun.
Old 04-20-2024, 06:05 PM   #160
Veteran

Quote:
I've explained everything to you about as well as anybody possibly can, but when you're acting like a child sticking your fingers in your ears and refusing to listen, there's really no point in repeating myself, so I will refer you to my previous posts, reerun.
No you haven't at all. You just have a propensity for talking up shitty players.
Old 04-20-2024, 06:07 PM   #161
sorta mod-ish

I'm over here considering all the options, and I'm absolutely like

Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM   #162
In Search of a Life

Quote:
No you haven't at all. You just have a propensity for talking up shitty players.
You've ignored the reality of Georgia's offense throughout this back and forth, just continuing to spew "best team" as if they've ever been a great passing team in this current run they're on. McConkey is the most productive WR they've had. That says a lot.

You mean to tell me their game manager QB has an easier time throwing check downs to his safety valves as opposed to throwing it to the guy lining up running big boy NFL routes? I am SHOCKED!
Old 04-20-2024, 06:11 PM   #163
sorta mod-ish

I'd pump my fist if they took McConkey. His route running ability, hands, and sneaky speed would pair nicely with Kelce and Rice. I'm still pulling for Troy Franklin, but McConkey would be anything other than an awful pick at 32.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2024, 06:13 PM   #164
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
I'd pump my fist if they took McConkey. His route running ability, hands, and sneaky speed would pair nicely with Kelce and Rice. I'm still pulling for Troy Franklin, but McConkey would be anything other than an awful pick at 32.
He's very likely not even my first choice, but the lazy takes are obvious, and they're proof that somebody hasn't actually done their homework on the guy.
Old 04-20-2024, 06:17 PM   #165
In Search of a Life

Quote:
A lot of what you've listed here and previously were supposedly Skyy Moore's attributes.

In McConkey's best ever season as a WR where he clearly was the WR1 he had just 250 more receiving yards than the ****ing running back (who can't get a game for the Seahawks). You can talk all you want about separation etc but I've heard it all before with our other shitty WRs who apparently get separation but Mahomes needs to be better. If he was first round pick worthy he would have been a much more important piece to that offense. I also don't care how good Bowers is..our 1st round WR will be going to a team with the GOAT tight end and there still should be the expectation that they should outperform him in yardage in their 2nd year, like Tyreek did. If he's second fiddle to a college tight end then he's going to be second fiddle to ours and that's not good enough.
Except Ladd did in the SEC, big difference. He was also out the first four games last year against the sub tier teams.
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.