Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-10-2024, 09:26 AM  
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

So, what’s this Sneed trade gonna end up being?

Since we know this thing is coming down in the next few days.

What’s the predictions? Not what you want, but what you think the details end up being?
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2024, 01:14 PM   #931
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post
Imagine this for a second.

KC extends Sneed.

KC spends this whole draft on offensive weapons. Adds 2 RBs to pair with Pacheco. Adds 2 high ceiling WRs. Adds a good tight end. Gets a steal on a OL that gives us cap flexibility, going forward.

For the PaTrick we would have

2 unicorn erasers at CB
A HOF DT
A couple highly productive DEs (that have ability to slide inside on passing downs)
Great LBers that have plus coverage skills
Experienced playmaking safeties

The best DC in the game
The best DL coach in the game
The best secondary coach in the game

AND THEN YOU GIVE PATRICK MAHONES A WHOLE DRAFT OF WEAPONS TO ADD TO A SUPERBOWL TEAM?

A couple receivers he throws with in Texas and gives the feedback to Veach.

Tell me a more exciting way to go into a HISTORIC and likely UNDEFEATED PaTrick year?

It’s impossible to be more pumped that the thought of that.
Not happening either. We aren’t paying Sneed what he wants.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 01:16 PM   #932
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post
**** that.

A third basically gets us from 32 to like 23.

I’m sorry but that’s not enough value to lose a straight up UNICORN ERASER on defense, even if it’s only for one year.
Don’t be obtuse. If there’s a LT that our staff has highly rated it would be well worth it to invest that 3 to get a key asset that is hardest position to fill outside of QB.

Getting old players like Donovan Smith is not a sustainable model long term
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2024, 01:24 PM   #933
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
A mid third moves you up to, what, 24?

I just don't see any appreciable difference between the talent likely to be there at 24 and 32. The draft has flattened out considerably at that point.

It's not worth losing a do-everything CB for a season in which we're chasing history for. Even a single season of Sneed should be sold dearly - he's a damn good player and we're trying to win football games.

Damn good players help you do that.
It’s a tough proposition. I get the making history part of this, but if I told you that you could get a competent LT on a cheap rookie contract for 5 years if you traded Sneed for a 3 to do it, you wouldn’t take that?

Competent LT’s are really hard to find. As much shit that Eric Fisher got, he was a competent LT for years. Having a young guy giving you that as a cost controlled asset is huge.

Look at the history of LT’s in the draft. You have to get one in the first rd. And these guys go off the board quick most of the time. QB and LT are so hard to find bc there just aren’t that many talented guys coming out like other positions.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 01:27 PM   #934
Generational Player

I don’t get why people are acting as if Patrick Mahomes is a QB from the 1980s.

He has incredible pocket mobility and awareness.

All we need is competent. See Donovan Smith or Orlando Brown.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-17-2024, 01:27 PM   #935
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
It’s a tough proposition. I get the making history part of this, but if I told you that you could get a competent LT on a cheap rookie contract for 5 years if you traded Sneed for a 3 to do it, you wouldn’t take that?

Competent LT’s are really hard to find. As much shit that Eric Fisher got, he was a competent LT for years. Having a young guy giving you that as a cost controlled asset is huge.

Look at the history of LT’s in the draft. You have to get one in the first rd. And these guys go off the board quick most of the time. QB and LT are so hard to find bc there just aren’t that many talented guys coming out like other positions.
I don't think your odds are substantially greater at 24 than 32.

My point being that you CAN'T tell me that. You can speculate that it may be the case, but guys like Darrisaw are outliers.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2024, 01:29 PM   #936
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Don’t be obtuse. If there’s a LT that our staff has highly rated it would be well worth it to invest that 3 to get a key asset that is hardest position to fill outside of QB.

That guy may be highly rated by someone else as well. And if so and he goes at 17, now what?

It's way too low a return to engage in rank speculation, IMO.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2024, 01:33 PM   #937
MVP

Quote:

I don't know if anyone agrees with me but I see 3 legitimate LT prospects in this draft: Alt, Fashanu, and Fautanu. After those guys, shit gets murky.

Guyton might be able to do it. Suamataia might be able to do it. Mims might be able to do it but man is he raw as ****. You have to worry about Morgan's length. Amegadjie is a large jump in competition and he's a bit raw too.

What I figure is Tennessee and New York are taking LTs at 7 and 10. New Orleans might take one at 14. Then you also have some wildcards in there like the Chargers and the Raiders that could take one of those guys and put them at RT instead and pass on the RTs.

It sucks. I don't think we can realistically get higher than 15. So I think 15 or 16 is your target area and you hope one guy makes it there but that's going to cost 1-32, 3-95, and a 2025 1st. If not, then do you want to move to 22/23 to get one of those maybes? Because I think you have to get in front of the gauntlet of DAL, GB, ARZ, and BAL. I don't know... I don't love it.

We must re-sign Donovan Smith then let the chips fall in the draft and move accordingly.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-17-2024, 01:35 PM   #938
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
I don't know if anyone agrees with me but I see 3 legitimate LT prospects in this draft: Alt, Fashanu, and Fautanu. After those guys, shit gets murky.

Guyton might be able to do it. Suamataia might be able to do it. Mims might be able to do it but man is he raw as ****. You have to worry about Morgan's length. Amegadjie is a large jump in competition and he's a bit raw too.

What I figure is Tennessee and New York are taking LTs at 7 and 10. New Orleans might take one at 14. Then you also have some wildcards in there like the Chargers and the Raiders that could take one of those guys and put them at RT instead and pass on the RTs.

It sucks. I don't think we can realistically get higher than 15. So I think 15 or 16 is your target area and you hope one guy makes it there but that's going to cost 1-32, 3-95, and a 2025 1st. If not, then do you want to move to 22/23 to get one of those maybes? Because I think you have to get in front of the gauntlet of DAL, GB, ARZ, and BAL. I don't know... I don't love it.

We must re-sign Donovan Smith then let the chips fall in the draft and move accordingly.
Way too much for a luxury. Because an elite left tackle is exactly that.

More important is securing the weapons for a post Kelce future.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-17-2024, 01:36 PM   #939
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post

Weapons are secondary to protecting your QB. Sorry, we're not talking about our RG here. We're talking about the 2nd most important position in the sport. It's not nothing.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-17-2024, 01:39 PM   #940
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post

A luxury? On cue with your dumb ass post. If we somehow draft a franchise LT, it opens up doors at every other position for 5/6 years.
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2024, 01:39 PM   #941
MVP

If Mims falls to 32 we have to roll the dice with that guy, right
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-17-2024, 01:40 PM   #942
Generational Player

Quote:
Weapons are secondary to protecting your QB. Sorry, we're not talking about our RG here. We're talking about the 2nd most important position in the sport. It's not nothing.
We don’t have Tua or Burrow.

The importance of LT matches your value if we didn’t have Patrick Mahomes.

But we do.
Old 03-17-2024, 01:43 PM   #943
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Yup. You take the good tackle every time. I seem to remember Mahomes having Kelce and Tyreek and still getting wrecked bc his OL sucks.

Don’t want anything close to this ever happening again

Old 03-17-2024, 01:45 PM   #944
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
That guy may be highly rated by someone else as well. And if so and he goes at 17, now what?

It's way too low a return to engage in rank speculation, IMO.
It’s fun speculation. But in all seriousness I could see Jordan Morgan fall due to his arm length. I used to be an arm length truther until we drafted 2 in the first rd in 2022 that were A+ picks
Old 03-17-2024, 01:46 PM   #945
Generational Player

Quote:
Yup. You take the good tackle every time. I seem to remember Mahomes having Kelce and Tyreek and still getting wrecked bc his OL sucks.

Don’t want anything close to this ever happening again

Yeah, if you lose both starting tackles to injury you will have issues.

That has nothing to do with wanting to pay premium prices for another tackle after we just paid one 20 plus million a year.