Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Hall of Classics
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-11-2006, 12:33 PM  
Giggitty!

Live 24/7 webcam of watering hole in Africa

This is killer shit dudes. Nature in action, if you like wildlife, that is. Animals of all sorts come by and drink, bath or just hang out. Also around dawn or dusk is when the action is most frequent. You can see comets, falling stars at night, listen to the sounds of nature at it's best.

First I will post the link, then a photo from a scene the camera caught

NEW LINK HERE

Last edited by chagrin; 10-24-2007 at 05:02 AM..
chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:29 PM   #721
Reset

Quote:
Originally Posted by chagrin
Just for the (god I really hate this ghetto ass term) "haters", I am sorry if this is not non stop blood lust, shit happens every once in a while and I apologize if it isn't killing all the time; I still find it fascinating though and I know that some fathers here have shared it with their kids, so that's very cool.
This thread has been totally cool man..it is addicting..you dont want to look away sometimes
2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:38 PM   #722
Giggitty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill parcells
This thread has been totally cool man..it is addicting..you dont want to look away sometimes
Tell ya what, I still watch it every day and also at night. I like the sounds as I try to sleep, weird maybe, but it helps me sleep.

Side note, on the web site they have a way that individual users can pan the camera and get their own shots to capture, I think that's cool; I can't do that from my home computer, too slow, but I have seen many photos of other things, including cheetahs, lions, other big cats, etc.
chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:43 PM   #723
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Just for the (god I really hate this ghetto ass term) "haters", I am sorry if this is not non stop blood lust, shit happens every once in a while and I apologize if it isn't killing all the time; I still find it fascinating though and I know that some fathers here have shared it with their kids, so that's very cool.
Eh, I was just givin you crap. I think it's interesting. I do wish we could get some lions on the screen or something, but unfortunately nature doesn't act like a zoo.

Oh, and I like the sounds at night, too, until those damn loud birds show up and ruin everything.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:46 PM   #724
testing ... 1, 2, 3

Personally, I love it. I'm very happy you posted it, Mr. chagrin.

I've spend many hours observing the vast variety of wildlife visible as they seek life-giving sustainence from the water hole and contemplating with amazement the fact that I'm watching the simple, pure, and peaceful beauty of nature from halfway around the world.

Still, there's a part of me that wants to see a lion rip the bloody entrails from a defenseless antelope.

FAX
FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:52 PM   #725
Kind of a mod

So when does the sun come up around this place?
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:53 PM   #726
testing ... 1, 2, 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace
So when does the sun come up around this place?
Around midnight, I think, Mr.DaFace.

FAX
FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:55 PM   #727
Starter

Quote:
Tell ya what, I still watch it every day and also at night. I like the sounds as I try to sleep, weird maybe, but it helps me sleep.

Side note, on the web site they have a way that individual users can pan the camera and get their own shots to capture, I think that's cool; I can't do that from my home computer, too slow, but I have seen many photos of other things, including cheetahs, lions, other big cats, etc.
The other night when i first noticed this I left it on when I went to sleep (gf was in other room on her computer playing WoW or something). I thought when she came to bed I'd get a 'what the hell is this??' but instead I remember waking up quite a bit later to her sitting up saying 'i cant stop watching it!'.

Since then, I've shared it with a number of friends, all are equally amazed.
meStevo is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.meStevo is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:01 PM   #728
Starter

OK, from the Africam forums:

"Well, now that day is breaking at least we are looking at something! Even if it is just the 'rock pit' and hunk of dead wood at the base of the cam tree."

We're looking straight down i think, hope its on purpose.

http://www.africam.com/boma/viewforum.php?f=12
meStevo is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.meStevo is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:12 PM   #729
Kind of a mod

Looks like the sun should be coming up any second according to this map. In case anyone's interested, the webcam is located here:

Old 11-17-2006, 09:22 PM   #730
Starter

Whoa!

http://www9.nationalgeographic.com/n...ica/index.html

Click the 'r' (realplayer) logo in the bottom right of the feed to play in realplayer, otherwise you get the corrupt message.

Not the same place, this is a pond not a watering hole, more info on the location: http://www9.nationalgeographic.com/n...etes_pond.html
Old 11-17-2006, 09:59 PM   #731
Giggitty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meStevo
Whoa!

http://www9.nationalgeographic.com/n...ica/index.html

Click the 'r' (realplayer) logo in the bottom right of the feed to play in realplayer, otherwise you get the corrupt message.

Not the same place, this is a pond not a watering hole, more info on the location: http://www9.nationalgeographic.com/n...etes_pond.html

So this is another one, cool! I love this stuff
Old 11-17-2006, 10:00 PM   #732
Giggitty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace
Eh, I was just givin you crap. I think it's interesting. I do wish we could get some lions on the screen or something, but unfortunately nature doesn't act like a zoo.

Oh, and I like the sounds at night, too, until those damn loud birds show up and ruin everything.

Sorry about the word hater, I don't like that. I had a bad day at work, so naturally I came home, got drunk and started bitching, heh - you've always been cool to me, I know it's frustrating not seeing action alot of the time.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:19 PM   #733
3M TA3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAX
Personally, I love it. I'm very happy you posted it, Mr. chagrin.

I've spend many hours observing the vast variety of wildlife visible as they seek life-giving sustainence from the water hole and contemplating with amazement the fact that I'm watching the simple, pure, and peaceful beauty of nature from halfway around the world.

Still, there's a part of me that wants to see a lion rip the bloody entrails from a defenseless antelope.

FAX
My personal favorite would be about 4 big female lions clamping onto the ass of a zebra and holding on until it falls. Zebras are pretty damn mean/tough....

DT
dtebbe must have mowed badgirl's lawn.dtebbe must have mowed badgirl's lawn.dtebbe must have mowed badgirl's lawn.dtebbe must have mowed badgirl's lawn.dtebbe must have mowed badgirl's lawn.dtebbe must have mowed badgirl's lawn.dtebbe must have mowed badgirl's lawn.dtebbe must have mowed badgirl's lawn.dtebbe must have mowed badgirl's lawn.dtebbe must have mowed badgirl's lawn.dtebbe must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:54 PM   #734
This is the way

thundershowers
Archie F. Swin Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Archie F. Swin Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Archie F. Swin Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Archie F. Swin Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Archie F. Swin Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Archie F. Swin Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Archie F. Swin Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Archie F. Swin Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Archie F. Swin Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Archie F. Swin Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Archie F. Swin Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-18-2006, 01:21 AM   #735
Live free or die hard

I just saw a guy with Sigma Chi painted on his chest go streaking across the camera and tackle a lemir.
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.