Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-30-2020, 06:53 PM   #2
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydogg58 View Post
The Halloween series is one that I love watching through this time of the year. Like you, those movies scared the shit outta me when I was a kid. It didn't matter how many times you checked under the bed, or closet...Michael Myers could always STILL be there.

We watched the remake of Poltergeist last night and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it still didn't have the same creepiness I felt when I watched the original as a kid.

I've been trying to find a place to pick up the movie Trick R Treat, and haven't had any luck. Tried a movie/record/cbd oil store last night that I've never been to, and ended up scoring a blue ray copy of the directors cut of Blade Runner and all the Halloween movies for 15 bucks, so the night ended up pretty good.
Couldn't agree more, Michael Myers is top dog in my childhood nightmares... he was sneaky like that, he just might be in that dark shadow over there!!1

The funny thing about Trick R Treat for me, is that I totally remember it being kind of a big deal must watch thing at the time, aimed at young rockers... but all I can honestly remember anymore is that Skippy from Family Ties is the star
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-30-2020, 06:59 PM   #3
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
Couldn't agree more, Michael Myers is top dog in my childhood nightmares... he was sneaky like that, he just might be in that dark shadow over there!!1

The funny thing about Trick R Treat for me, is that I totally remember it being kind of a big deal must watch thing at the time, aimed at young rockers... but all I can honestly remember anymore is that Skippy from Family Ties is the star
I've honestly never seen it before. I've just heard some small buzz about it and figured I'd give it a try. The whole month of October leading up to Halloween my daughters and I watch as many horror movies as we can. It's hard to find a movie that we haven't seen yet, so I figured I might as well. The funny thing is, we saw a figurine from the movie at Wal-Mart for sale, but no movie.
rydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 10-30-2020, 06:59 PM   #4
Starter

Quote:
The Halloween series is one that I love watching through this time of the year. Like you, those movies scared the shit outta me when I was a kid. It didn't matter how many times you checked under the bed, or closet...Michael Myers could always STILL be there.

This all of this.Plus the music/score of the movie on;y adds to the fear and tension.
We watched the remake of Poltergeist last night and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it still didn't have the same creepiness I felt when I watched the original as a kid.

I've been trying to find a place to pick up the movie Trick R Treat, and haven't had any luck. Tried a movie/record/cbd oil store last night that I've never been to, and ended up scoring a blue ray copy of the directors cut of Blade Runner and all the Halloween movies for 15 bucks, so the night ended up pretty good.
This all of this about Halloween.Plus the music/score of the movie only adds to the fear and tension.
You got all of the Halloween movies for $15,was it the box set ? Either way what an awesome deal.As far Trick R Treat,have you tried Amazon or Ebay ?
Edit do you mean Trick R Treat (2007),or Trick OR Treat(1986).We've been getting these movies confused here lately lol.
PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 10-30-2020, 07:06 PM   #5
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleJesus28 View Post
This all of this about Halloween.Plus the music/score of the movie only adds to the fear and tension.
You got all of the Halloween movies for $15,was it the box set ? Either way what an awesome deal.As far Trick R Treat,have you tried Amazon or Ebay ?
It was almost 10 pm when we got there last night and they were fixing to close. I think the kid running the store just wanted us out so he could go smoke another bowl. Blade Runner was 10 bucks alone, and the rest of the Halloween movies were separate.

It was a pretty good store, had a ton of movies that were all priced cheap in the 2 dollar range. It's hard to find a video store that still rents movies anymore. I'm not sure they actually exist, other than Redbox. So buying the dvd's and blue rays for 2-3 dollars each was about the same as what we would have paid if we rented them.
rydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 10-30-2020, 07:57 PM   #6
Starter

Quote:
It was almost 10 pm when we got there last night and they were fixing to close. I think the kid running the store just wanted us out so he could go smoke another bowl. Blade Runner was 10 bucks alone, and the rest of the Halloween movies were separate.

It was a pretty good store, had a ton of movies that were all priced cheap in the 2 dollar range. It's hard to find a video store that still rents movies anymore. I'm not sure they actually exist, other than Redbox. So buying the dvd's and blue rays for 2-3 dollars each was about the same as what we would have paid if we rented them.
I bought Blade Runner on blu ray a long time ago that has a bunch of different versions,but i always watch the final or directors cut.And yeah the Halloween movies always usually go for more than what you paid,that is a great deal.
PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.