Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-22-2006, 01:04 AM  
**** SOC & **** YOU

Pets of Chiefs Planet

I know there are some animal lovers here.

Lets see whatcha got.

From left to right:

Suzy (Chow Mix)- 1.5 yrs old
Mandi (Long Haired Miniature Dachshund) - 13 years old
Angie (Dapple Haired Miniature Dachshunds) - 4 years old

Angie is the one that rides the motorcycle with me.

Last edited by pr_capone; 05-01-2012 at 10:44 PM..
pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2017, 10:30 AM   #1696
New and Improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
I don't know about that but you should consider buying something better than Pedigree. That stuff is garbage. Check out http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/
Thanks for the link. Looks like I'm going to be changing food.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:08 AM   #1697
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by In58men View Post
We feed him the Kirkland Signature brand wet and dry food. Kirkland brand products are pretty damn decent.
Costco brand? Yeah, I checked them out a couple of years ago. Theirs is pretty good stuff.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:17 AM   #1698
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
Costco brand? Yeah, I checked them out a couple of years ago. Theirs is pretty good stuff.
Yeah Costco brand.
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:19 AM   #1699
Supporter

That link I put in here is a bit dated. I mean, there are still a lot of foods that are on there. But there are also a lot of new varieties that are not listed. It appears that they stopped adding to it several years ago. Still, there is a lot of good info on how to choose a good dog food. Here is their About page:

Quote:
About Dog Food Analysis

Why does this site exist?

Because commercial pet food is, historically and on average, so incredibly awful. Really, that is the reality of the commercial pet food industry. We are bombarded with advertising that conjures up images of plump juicy chickens and garden fresh vegetables, told that the various foods around are scientifically formulated to provide our pets with every nutritional advantage and meet every need. At the same time, many of us feel we need a science degree just to interpret the labels. But the reality is quite different. “Scientifically formulated” is a term with no meaning. Do you scientifically formulate your dinner? Do you think you need to? Sounds quite ridiculous, doesn’t it. No, you (hopefully) consume a range of fresh foods. That’s what your pets should be consuming too.

Sadly, that’s not what goes into most pet foods. Many pet foods are made up mostly of grain fragments (the left overs from the human food industry), with a small amount of meat thrown in and the whole thing coated with recycled used (and frequently carcinogenic) fats to make it palatable to our pets. In most cases, these are things we’d refuse to feed our pets if we saw them in their raw state. So why would we feed them when they are transformed into dry extruded pellets? Why are we feeding carnivores on grains anyway? We wouldn’t try to feed fish to a cow, so why try to feed grains to our carnivorous cats and dogs? The answer is simple – it is far cheaper than feeding meat, and in any case, we can’t make kibble without them (it won’t stick together). But it has nothing whatsoever to do with good or species-appropriate nutrition for our pets. Neither cats nor dogs have any evolved need of carbohydrates in their diet at all, and these are readily converted to fat.

It is not the point of this site to explain what is wrong with many commercial pet foods, or to expose the many scandals and unpleasant practices that have gone on in this industry. If you’re interested, it is easy to find that information for yourself. You’re on the internet now: just do a search for information on things like “4-D meats”, “phenobarbitol in pet food”, “foods pets die for” and “what’s really in pet food”. You will probably find the results an unpleasant surprise.

Rather, the intent of this site is to give an assessment of the various commercial foods available, based on the ingredient information given by the manufacturer. No food can magically be better than the ingredients used to make it, and the information on this site constitutes our opinion of those ingredients and the overall species-appropriate quality of the food.

The ratings given and comments made about the foods assessed on this site and ingredients listed are the opinion of the Editors, who are a small team of volunteers each with a long standing interest in dog nutrition. If you disagree with their opinion, you are free to ignore it (do not email us because you are upset that the product you choose has been criticised or badly rated – we do not control what the manufacturer puts in the food). Click here to see how we assess the foods.

Every effort has been made to ensure that the ingredients listed for each food is correct at the time of publication. Manufacturers do sometimes make changes to their formulas however, and you should check that the information given on this site matches that currently given by the food manufacturer before relying on the assessments made on this site. If you notice any discrepancies, we would be pleased to be advised of it. You can do this by emailing us via the link on the contact page.

Your food not listed? If we have overlooked a product that you’d like our opinion on, you can request a review be added. Again, you can do this by emailing us via the link on the contact page. Please be sure to include an online resource where product information – most especially the ingredient list – can be accessed (we cannot review a product without knowing what is in the food).

DogFoodAnalysis is a part of BoxerWorld.com, one of the largest and longest running dog forum communities on the internet. With many thousands of questions and health related queries in the feeding and nutrition forums on BoxerWorld over the last decade, many of which relate to how to decipher pet food ingredients and advertising - to sort the good from the bad - we realised the need for a dedicated site to help our members choose good quality foods for their pets. Want to join us? Click the forums link on top. We welcome owners of all breeds (there are many members on the site who don't own boxers).
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2017, 12:48 PM   #1700
Be Kind To Your Pets

I've been cleaning up and re-organizing my kitchen for three days. Hey, I know, fun you can't buy at any price. Meesh Meesh has been supervising. It's been nice to hang out with Meesh and Neighbor Cat the last few days. Last night we put a fire in the fireplace and watched the Mizzou-Florida and Mizzou-Tennessee games that I had Tivo'ed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Meeshkitchen.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	115499  
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-04-2017, 11:10 AM   #1701
Mahomes > God

Getting a new puppy around XMas....full bloodied Boxer, for owners...have any good advice or tips and tricks?

I've been told to focus on exercise, exercise, exercise, and give lots of attention...curious what else I should know lol.
Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 12-04-2017, 12:09 PM   #1702
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm View Post
Getting a new puppy around XMas....full bloodied Boxer, for owners...have any good advice or tips and tricks?

I've been told to focus on exercise, exercise, exercise, and give lots of attention...curious what else I should know lol.
They are crazy. I've got a pair

Hope its not a chewer, i got lucky neither of mine are
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-04-2017, 12:10 PM   #1703
Mahomes > God

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAUTO View Post
They are crazy. I've got a pair

Hope its not a chewer, i got lucky neither of mine are
Oh man, I hope not either lol...neither of the parents are, I did ask that. I hope it's passed down.
Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 12-04-2017, 12:15 PM   #1704
Shit

I love the shit out of mine TBH though...
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-04-2017, 12:17 PM   #1705
Baba Ganoush

Most dogs chew, never met a pupper who didn’t like to gnawl on things. Boxers need a lot of room to run around, hyper dogs. I use to have one myself, excellent dogs and great with kids.

They have the WORST farts ever, prepare yourself.
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-04-2017, 12:19 PM   #1706
Shit

None of my dogs ever chewed on anything, even the rott.
Old 12-04-2017, 12:35 PM   #1707
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAUTO View Post
None of my dogs ever chewed on anything, even the rott.
You got lucky, my Rott chews on everything.
Old 12-04-2017, 01:11 PM   #1708
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm View Post

Advice? Yeah, don't get a boxer. Way too hyperactive, and it doesn't end when they get out of the puppy stage. They are usually pretty sweet dogs, but they come on way too strong in almost every situation. But if that's what you want, go for it.
Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-04-2017, 01:24 PM   #1709
Mahomes > God

Quote:
Originally Posted by In58men View Post
They have the WORST farts ever, prepare yourself.
I had an English Bulldog and if they're anything like that...holy shit lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet View Post
Advice? Yeah, don't get a boxer. Way too hyperactive, and it doesn't end when they get out of the puppy stage. They are usually pretty sweet dogs, but they come on way too strong in almost every situation. But if that's what you want, go for it.
The die has been cast haha...
Old 12-09-2017, 03:04 PM   #1710
Mahomes > God

Boxer puppy on the way but picked a Great Dane puppy up today...

My wife is insane....ugh lol...