Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-15-2015, 08:45 AM  
Supporter

Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread

Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408

Last edited by Buehler445; 03-02-2020 at 09:14 AM..
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-13-2021, 03:43 PM   #16171
pie is never free

Just add a corn starch slurry and some Kitchen Bouquet to your broth/drippings

Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-13-2021, 03:52 PM   #16172
Veteran

The corn starch will thicken it for sure, but will the Kitchen Bouquet add to the "beefy" flavor?
Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 03-13-2021, 03:55 PM   #16173
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mennonite View Post
The corn starch will thicken it for sure, but will the Kitchen Bouquet add to the "beefy" flavor?
No, but it does add a very savory element and helps get that rich brown color

To boost the beef flavor add some of this

https://www.kroger.com/p/better-than...a&gclsrc=3p.ds
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-13-2021, 03:56 PM   #16174
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
Pressure cooker and broiled, less than an hour from pulling out of the refrigerator to eating. And MAN are they good.

I've done baby backs in the instant pot followed by broiling a few times now.

I was too embarrassed to post here but they are pretty good and VERY easy!
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-13-2021, 04:04 PM   #16175
Ultrabanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post

Shit don't be embarrassed for hacks like that. I might just try it myself sometime when I don't feel like rolling smoke.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-13-2021, 04:08 PM   #16176
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
No, but it does add a very savory element and helps get that rich brown color

To boost the beef flavor add some of this

https://www.kroger.com/p/better-than...a&gclsrc=3p.ds

I think you're on the right track, but the BTB has 680 milligrams of sodium per teaspoon. It took three teaspoons to equal the flavor of the gravy mix I usually use. As bad as 2100 milligrams sounds it is still less than the gravy mix which has 2,800.

I cut out a lot of the sodium by switching to unsalted beef broth (approx 1500 milligrams) and cutting out the can of cream of mushroom soup (over 2000 milligrams) I used as a thickener. Who the hell needs this much salt?
Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 03-13-2021, 04:14 PM   #16177
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mennonite View Post
I think you're on the right track, but the BTB has 680 milligrams of sodium per teaspoon. It took three teaspoons to equal the flavor of the gravy mix I usually use. As bad as 2100 milligrams sounds it is still less than the gravy mix which has 2,800.

I cut out a lot of the sodium by switching to unsalted beef broth (approx 1500 milligrams) and cutting out the can of cream of mushroom soup (over 2000 milligrams) I used as a thickener. Who the hell needs this much salt?
Wish I had a better alternative for ya, but I've emptied out the trickbag

Maybe you can find a low sodium packaged gravy mix?
Old 03-13-2021, 04:18 PM   #16178
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
Wish I had a better alternative for ya, but I've emptied out the trickbag

Maybe you can find a low sodium packaged gravy mix?

Easier said than done. I've found a couple with slightly lower sodium levels but the beef flavor isn't as good.

I appreciate your trying though!
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 04:44 PM   #16179
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Shit don't be embarrassed for hacks like that. I might just try it myself sometime when I don't feel like rolling smoke.
They are honestly pretty good and my wife honestly prefers them this way. She a plebeian though.

They come out very tender and the broiling gets you that "bark" texture.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-13-2021, 04:49 PM   #16180
Ultrabanned

Quote:
They are honestly pretty good and my wife honestly prefers them this way. She a plebeian though.

They come out very tender and the broiling gets you that "bark" texture.
My wife doesn't like ribs at all. No matter how they're cooked. She's learned to appreciate a lot of food since she met me but not those. Sucks but there's enough other stuff to smoke that I'm not broken hearted
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-13-2021, 04:51 PM   #16181
Be Kind To Your Pets

I got a package of frozen lobster ravioli at Aldi's. Thought I'd fire those up and make some big italian meatballs in the oven, and have ravioli and spaghetti and meatballs tonight. Make some cheesy bread with some provolone slices and garlic. Caesar salad and maybe a nice bottle of Bud.
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-13-2021, 04:52 PM   #16182
Be Kind To Your Pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
My wife doesn't like ribs at all. No matter how they're cooked. She's learned to appreciate a lot of food since she met me but not those. Sucks but there's enough other stuff to smoke that I'm not broken hearted
My wife won't eat ribs either. She says it grosses her out to gnaw on rib bones. Shame too, because I make killer smoked babybacks on my Weber GSM.
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-13-2021, 04:53 PM   #16183
Be Kind To Your Pets

Quote:

I've been using my Instant Pot to do crab legs. Does a great job and only takes about 15 minutes to pressure up and cook them. Easy cleanup too.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 05:25 PM   #16184
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblowfish View Post
I've been using my Instant Pot to do crab legs. Does a great job and only takes about 15 minutes to pressure up and cook them. Easy cleanup too.
I just read about those and lobster tails.

I may have to try that!
Old 03-13-2021, 06:35 PM   #16185
Ultrabanned

Wife requested penne a la vodka with shrimp asparagus and mushrooms and I obliged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote