Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 10-23-2020, 08:42 PM  
Banned

Halloween season, what movie you currently watching or always watch or will watch

Funny, Scarry, dumb, old,. New. Just any October horror flicks

Right now on TCM is the Blob. With Steve McQeen.1958

And after that ,1959.. THE TINGLER, with Vincent Price. Dun dun dunnnn
CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 10-30-2020, 06:53 PM   #91
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydogg58 View Post
The Halloween series is one that I love watching through this time of the year. Like you, those movies scared the shit outta me when I was a kid. It didn't matter how many times you checked under the bed, or closet...Michael Myers could always STILL be there.

We watched the remake of Poltergeist last night and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it still didn't have the same creepiness I felt when I watched the original as a kid.

I've been trying to find a place to pick up the movie Trick R Treat, and haven't had any luck. Tried a movie/record/cbd oil store last night that I've never been to, and ended up scoring a blue ray copy of the directors cut of Blade Runner and all the Halloween movies for 15 bucks, so the night ended up pretty good.
Couldn't agree more, Michael Myers is top dog in my childhood nightmares... he was sneaky like that, he just might be in that dark shadow over there!!1

The funny thing about Trick R Treat for me, is that I totally remember it being kind of a big deal must watch thing at the time, aimed at young rockers... but all I can honestly remember anymore is that Skippy from Family Ties is the star
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-30-2020, 06:58 PM   #92
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Halloween (‘78) is the absolute best for me and I love what they’re doing with the new trilogy here currently, but I do wish sometimes that they had been able to go anthology style.

Halloween III is awesome as you look back, and to have a unique movie every couple years that revolves around the actually holiday would have been incredible.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-30-2020, 06:58 PM   #93
Banned

I've watched Beetlejuice, Ghost Ship (love that movie), and The Shining. Misery too if that counts. I'd like to take in Nightmare Before Christmas some time.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-30-2020, 06:59 PM   #94
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
Couldn't agree more, Michael Myers is top dog in my childhood nightmares... he was sneaky like that, he just might be in that dark shadow over there!!1

The funny thing about Trick R Treat for me, is that I totally remember it being kind of a big deal must watch thing at the time, aimed at young rockers... but all I can honestly remember anymore is that Skippy from Family Ties is the star
I've honestly never seen it before. I've just heard some small buzz about it and figured I'd give it a try. The whole month of October leading up to Halloween my daughters and I watch as many horror movies as we can. It's hard to find a movie that we haven't seen yet, so I figured I might as well. The funny thing is, we saw a figurine from the movie at Wal-Mart for sale, but no movie.
rydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 10-30-2020, 06:59 PM   #95
Starter

Quote:
The Halloween series is one that I love watching through this time of the year. Like you, those movies scared the shit outta me when I was a kid. It didn't matter how many times you checked under the bed, or closet...Michael Myers could always STILL be there.

This all of this.Plus the music/score of the movie on;y adds to the fear and tension.
We watched the remake of Poltergeist last night and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it still didn't have the same creepiness I felt when I watched the original as a kid.

I've been trying to find a place to pick up the movie Trick R Treat, and haven't had any luck. Tried a movie/record/cbd oil store last night that I've never been to, and ended up scoring a blue ray copy of the directors cut of Blade Runner and all the Halloween movies for 15 bucks, so the night ended up pretty good.
This all of this about Halloween.Plus the music/score of the movie only adds to the fear and tension.
You got all of the Halloween movies for $15,was it the box set ? Either way what an awesome deal.As far Trick R Treat,have you tried Amazon or Ebay ?
Edit do you mean Trick R Treat (2007),or Trick OR Treat(1986).We've been getting these movies confused here lately lol.
PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 10-30-2020, 07:06 PM   #96
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleJesus28 View Post
This all of this about Halloween.Plus the music/score of the movie only adds to the fear and tension.
You got all of the Halloween movies for $15,was it the box set ? Either way what an awesome deal.As far Trick R Treat,have you tried Amazon or Ebay ?
It was almost 10 pm when we got there last night and they were fixing to close. I think the kid running the store just wanted us out so he could go smoke another bowl. Blade Runner was 10 bucks alone, and the rest of the Halloween movies were separate.

It was a pretty good store, had a ton of movies that were all priced cheap in the 2 dollar range. It's hard to find a video store that still rents movies anymore. I'm not sure they actually exist, other than Redbox. So buying the dvd's and blue rays for 2-3 dollars each was about the same as what we would have paid if we rented them.
rydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 10-30-2020, 07:57 PM   #97
Starter

Quote:
It was almost 10 pm when we got there last night and they were fixing to close. I think the kid running the store just wanted us out so he could go smoke another bowl. Blade Runner was 10 bucks alone, and the rest of the Halloween movies were separate.

It was a pretty good store, had a ton of movies that were all priced cheap in the 2 dollar range. It's hard to find a video store that still rents movies anymore. I'm not sure they actually exist, other than Redbox. So buying the dvd's and blue rays for 2-3 dollars each was about the same as what we would have paid if we rented them.
I bought Blade Runner on blu ray a long time ago that has a bunch of different versions,but i always watch the final or directors cut.And yeah the Halloween movies always usually go for more than what you paid,that is a great deal.
PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 10-30-2020, 08:44 PM   #98
Everybody Lies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleJesus28 View Post
Yes that's the one ! Sorry i couldnt see the picture earlier.How awesome is that poster.
Crazy coincidence that Joe Bob Briggs (of TNTs Monstervision fame) is watching this movie right now live on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7jhJKT5lIE
lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-30-2020, 10:32 PM   #99
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

All they had to do with Halloween III is drop the Halloween name and just call it Season of the Witch and then start a new franchise and maybe a different story each year but the potential for creativity and not same story line and just a slasher movie would have been a lot of fun.

I love Season of the Witch they do reference Halloween but as advertising a movie and then a commercial of Silver Shamrock masks .
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 11:26 PM   #100
Veteran

One of my favorites is still "The Fly". Every time I watch it I'm stunned as to the motivation to possibly kill yourself because you think your girlfriend is sleeping with someone else. Really? Just exactly what are you trying to prove here? Yeah, I'll teleport myself and tape it. That will show her! Whut?

Good acting and practical effects...
crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 10-31-2020, 12:08 AM   #101
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

I love anything Vincent Price I only have A House on Haunted Hill and Last Man on Earth but I want to get all of Vincent Price movies for my collection.
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-01-2020, 01:34 AM   #102
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

I caught the last half of Fright Night earlier this evening. It hasn't aged very well - cheesy sets and terrible special effects - but it's still a fun movie. Roddy McDowell was great as Peter Vincent.

Hard to believe there was ever a time when Amanda Bearse was attractive.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-01-2020, 06:16 AM   #103
Cheat Death

Watched my favorite of the Friday the 13ths last night, IV The Final Chapter. It admittedly has one of the worst depictions of Jason of the entire series which drops it down most peoples lists. Kind of looks like someone's broke down dad running around, but for me its the quintessential 80s slasher flick. NFL Films quality score, titties everywhere, weird Cory Feldman as Tommy, Crispin Glover, adults acting as teens doing dumb shit, etc.

The kills could be better and Jason could be much more menacing, but I still love it and could watch it on repeat.

Also, watched VII The New Blood right after IV. Its towards the top of my list as well for the series. Much more menacing Jason and kills, but less titties and overall campiness. Stand out being Jason picking a chick zipped up in a sleeping bag and clubbing her against a tree. Plus it has the disfigured Jason face after his mask gets knocked off.

Last edited by KCUnited; 11-01-2020 at 06:21 AM..
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-01-2020, 04:55 PM   #104
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
Watched my favorite of the Friday the 13ths last night, IV The Final Chapter. It admittedly has one of the worst depictions of Jason of the entire series which drops it down most peoples lists. Kind of looks like someone's broke down dad running around, but for me its the quintessential 80s slasher flick. NFL Films quality score, titties everywhere, weird Cory Feldman as Tommy, Crispin Glover, adults acting as teens doing dumb shit, etc.

The kills could be better and Jason could be much more menacing, but I still love it and could watch it on repeat.

Also, watched VII The New Blood right after IV. Its towards the top of my list as well for the series. Much more menacing Jason and kills, but less titties and overall campiness. Stand out being Jason picking a chick zipped up in a sleeping bag and clubbing her against a tree. Plus it has the disfigured Jason face after his mask gets knocked off.
I like Friday Part 4 a lot too,i thought Jason in Part 3 and 4 were both pretty big and menacing.But yeah Part 7 has Kane Hodder who is definitely a beast as Jason,he pretty much looked like a zombie at the end of that movie.
Old 11-10-2020, 04:44 PM   #105
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
I have the complete collection including Freddy Vs Jason and I have complete Friday the 13th collection including Jason goes to Hell and Jason X

I love all of them but I think Jason in Freddy Vs Jason is the best of all Jason Voorhees and kicks major ass.
The opening to Freddy vs Jason is great.
Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.