Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 10-04-2018, 08:33 PM  
I'll be back.

Star Wars: The Mandalorian

Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Quote:
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-31-2020, 12:21 PM   #721
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Spoiler!
Spoiler!
unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 10-31-2020, 12:27 PM   #722
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Spoiler!
RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 10-31-2020, 12:41 PM   #723
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER View Post
Yeah, I immediately thought of that line, too, which led me to think that maybe they're planning to use that line spoken, by Luke, to reverse the entire sequel trilogy and its related timeline.

I guess that wouldn't be the worst thing that could happen...
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-31-2020, 05:00 PM   #724
oxymoron

Spoiler!
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 05:04 PM   #725
oxymoron

Much like Victory Monday, I'm ready to move on to next week.

Spoiler!
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-31-2020, 05:07 PM   #726
oxymoron

Quote:
Yeah, I immediately thought of that line, too, which led me to think that maybe they're planning to use that line spoken, by Luke, to reverse the entire sequel trilogy and its related timeline.

I guess that wouldn't be the worst thing that could happen...
That's been part of the rumormill for a few months, that they're going to retcon the sequel trilogy as something that happened in an alternate universe or timeline. Because they realize it's a mistake, too.
Old 10-31-2020, 05:42 PM   #727
Immanentize The Eschaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
Imagine, if you will, some version of new Star Trek that Frazod likes.
https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/sta...ic-1234608181/
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-31-2020, 09:46 PM   #728
Supporter

Quote:
Spoiler!
Quote:
Call me Mr. Crusoe.

I guess I just didn’t want to see yet another resurrection.
I’ll join you, Mr Crusoe.

Spoiler!

That being said, the show runners have earned the rope to hang themselves with it so I’m not going to get too worked up at the moment.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 07:59 AM   #729
oxymoron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Spoiler!

That being said, the show runners have earned the rope to hang themselves with it so I’m not going to get too worked up at the moment.
Spoiler!
Old 11-01-2020, 08:37 AM   #730
Supporter

Quote:
Spoiler!
All fair points. And why I said they've earned the rope to hang themselves.

All that being said

Spoiler!

But I'm in until they give me a reason to not.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-01-2020, 08:52 AM   #731
oxymoron

But how known is he really?

We saw him much more as a kid than as an adult...

Who really was that character in ep 5 and 6?

(seriously, we're talking all this in spoiler tags, but is there anybody in this thread at this point who doesn't know who we're talking about)
Old 11-01-2020, 09:18 AM   #732
Supporter

Quote:
But how known is he really?

We saw him much more as a kid than as an adult...

Who really was that character in ep 5 and 6?

(seriously, we're talking all this in spoiler tags, but is there anybody in this thread at this point who doesn't know who we're talking about)
I just don't want to be the asshole that ruins it, but at this point, if someone hasn't watched it they shouldn't be in here.

Again, it's a fair point, it's just disappointing that we have to continue to go back to those characters. I was excited to go a different direction, which I guess technically they could still do, but IMO it is unlikely to be a better story with him than without him.

Rogue 1 was awesome, because I knew the universe, hell, I knew the ending but I didn't know any of the major players until the last 5 minutes save Tarkin I guess.

I just wanted something different.

But as I've said all along, they've earned the rope to hang themselves. We'll see what they do with it.
Old 11-01-2020, 09:46 AM   #733
MVP

Quote:
Spoiler!
I'm curious about the helmet removal as well. We seem to have two different established rules. While the Clone Wars established it being OK to remove helmets in public, Mando season 1 established that he cannot remove the helmet in front of others. If he does, he loses the honor of wearing it again. I have not rewatched the episodes and am assuming all the articles from last year are correct...

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-man...tion-answered/

Maybe this is a specific trait for foundlings? True Mandalorians can remove their helmets in public, but foundlings have a more strict set of rules? It seems there are few true Mandalorians left. Or maybe he was adopted by a clan with more strict rules?

Hopefully we'll learn more about that this season as they introduce the backstory of new characters like Sabine. If Sasha Banks is Sabine, apparently she is seen in the trailer sans helmet, which to me implies different rules.
unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-01-2020, 09:50 AM   #734
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Just saw the new episode. Stoked about this season.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-01-2020, 11:07 AM   #735
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlurking View Post
I'm curious about the helmet removal as well. We seem to have two different established rules. While the Clone Wars established it being OK to remove helmets in public, Mando season 1 established that he cannot remove the helmet in front of others. If he does, he loses the honor of wearing it again. I have not rewatched the episodes and am assuming all the articles from last year are correct...

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-man...tion-answered/

Maybe this is a specific trait for foundlings? True Mandalorians can remove their helmets in public, but foundlings have a more strict set of rules? It seems there are few true Mandalorians left. Or maybe he was adopted by a clan with more strict rules?

Hopefully we'll learn more about that this season as they introduce the backstory of new characters like Sabine. If Sasha Banks is Sabine, apparently she is seen in the trailer sans helmet, which to me implies different rules.
To me, that's pretty easy. Each sect has their own thing. The cartoons are pretty clear that the different clans follow their leaders pretty exclusively. So each leader makes the rules. Similar to how most Muslims are vastly different from radical jihadists. Mando is part of a strict clan.

JMO