Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2015, 03:48 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

What are you Smoking/Grilling/BBQ'ing this weekend?

What are you up to this weekend?

I finally gave up on my smoker and decided to get a new smoker. I went with a bigger model but less tech. Yes, its a cheater electric smoker. My 3rd one. I need more space to cook, I don't need help getting my smoke and temp right.

I've also never used injection for flavor except for pork butt or other big cuts of meat. I decided to give it a try. I developed my own injection. Basically like the other recipes you have out on the internet but I'm putting the rub in the injection and using sirracchi.

Full results not in yet but my son and I think its the best sausage we have ever had.

No sauce. Marinated the meat overnight. Injected the meat. Slow cooked the ribs and chicken. Baste it with a combo of butter and apple juice. Using a combination of Apple, Mesquite, Cherry and Hickory wood.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11539678_10205518593098849_7496287094654554585_n.jpg
Views:	6424
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	110157   Click image for larger version

Name:	11204917_10205518655060398_84193330748835473_n.jpg
Views:	6018
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	110158   Click image for larger version

Name:	11403311_10205518654740390_5737794009802538289_n.jpg
Views:	6404
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	110159   Click image for larger version

Name:	11060263_10205518594938895_5571454432064515726_n.jpg
Views:	6340
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	110160  
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-13-2019, 12:49 PM   #1531
Indian Twitter

Made some Cupcake Chicken yesterday.

[IMG][/IMG]
philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 04-13-2019, 12:57 PM   #1532
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
I got the kit that included the 200 lbs. of pellets. Go ahead and pick up some of their rubs. I especially like Heifer Dust. Save on shipping.

I didn't mop or spray because it felt like it wasn't drying out. Next time I'd probably wrap it. 225, took about 16 hours, flat was 204 when I pulled it. Aaron Franklin recommends 203, so that's what I was shooting for.
Amazing bark!!!

What seasoning did you use?
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-13-2019, 12:59 PM   #1533
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by In58men View Post
Amazing bark!!!

What seasoning did you use?
Big Bad Beef Rub from Amazing Ribs. It's legit.

https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...eef-rub-recipe
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-13-2019, 01:02 PM   #1534
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Big Bad Beef Rub from Amazing Ribs. It's legit.

https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...eef-rub-recipe
I’m definitely using it, I can never get my briskets to have this kind of bark.

Can’t wait for my days off so I can get back to smoking. I’m working 23 straight days, my next day off is the 24th and I’m missing my smoker.
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-13-2019, 01:12 PM   #1535
Indian Twitter

Quote:
I got the kit that included the 200 lbs. of pellets. Go ahead and pick up some of their rubs. I especially like Heifer Dust. Save on shipping.

I didn't mop or spray because it felt like it wasn't drying out. Next time I'd probably wrap it. 225, took about 16 hours, flat was 204 when I pulled it. Aaron Franklin recommends 203, so that's what I was shooting for.

That looks great. I did 10 slabs of ribs last week. Here's 7 slabs I cut up and made a pile of ribs.

[IMG][/IMG]
philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 04-13-2019, 01:19 PM   #1536
Baba Ganoush

FMB did you do fat up or down?

Last edited by In58men; 04-13-2019 at 01:26 PM..
Old 04-13-2019, 01:21 PM   #1537
Indian Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by philfree View Post
Made some Cupcake Chicken yesterday.

[IMG][/IMG]
I cooked 8 chicken thighs and I wanted to do them all in my OK Joes Bronco Drum but it wasn't big enough to hold two muffin pans so I cooked 4 in the Drum and the other 4 I did in my Wichita. In the end after I glazed/sauced them I put them all in the Wichita. Used some apple and cherry wood. Turned out pretty good for my first attempt. I scraped the fat off the skin on 4 of them and said screw it on the other 4. The skin shrunk on the ones I scraped but one of those did turn out perfect.
Old 04-13-2019, 01:23 PM   #1538
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by In58men View Post
FMB did you do fat up or down.
I always go fat up, but may try fat down next time. The bottom did get a hair overdone. Fat cap on the bottom might protect it a little.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-13-2019, 01:26 PM   #1539
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
I always go fat up, but may try fat down next time. The bottom did get a hair overdone. Fat cap on the bottom might protect it a little.
Perfect, thanks for the tips.

I’m going to try it again soon.
Old 04-13-2019, 01:47 PM   #1540
Cast Iron Jedi

If you were going to make chili from leftover brisket, point or flat?
Old 04-13-2019, 02:13 PM   #1541
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
I think the flat would give you the better texture. Not as chewy.
Old 04-13-2019, 04:11 PM   #1542
Mod Team

Pros in here.

Great stuff.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-13-2019, 04:41 PM   #1543
In Search of a Life

Flat for chili for sure. Leave that point for burnt ends!
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-13-2019, 09:50 PM   #1544
Baba Ganoush

https://www.reddit.com/r/BBQ/comment...medium=ios_app

What a good idea.
Old 04-13-2019, 10:12 PM   #1545
Supporter

Quote:
I did it using the flat once. It was good but probably not as good as the brisket by itself.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.