Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-01-2019, 09:11 PM   #2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Besides Nolan's trilogy there is no agreement on a "great" batman. Just because you haven't seen the lead in anything other than a stupid vampire film, don't be judgemental. Just saying. Maybe he stinks up the role. Cloney, Keaton are damn good actors and they stunk as Batman.
WHOA hold up now! I'll give you Clooney being an utter embarrassment as Batman but....Keaton?! He was ****ing awesome as Batman/Bruce Wayne!

Anyways, I'm glad Pattinson is going through with this and not chickening out. He's an intriguing youngish actor and I can't wait to see what Matt Reeves has up his sleeves with this one.
sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-01-2019, 09:13 PM   #3
Stay positive, don't give up

Quote:
Besides Nolan's trilogy there is no agreement on a "great" batman. Just because you haven't seen the lead in anything other than a stupid vampire film, don't be judgemental. Just saying. Maybe he stinks up the role. Cloney, Keaton are damn good actors and they stunk as Batman.
I feel like Kilmer was just there...as for Clooney he definitely was an ok Playboy Bruce Wayne but not much else. I think Pattinson will surprise everyone and you got an awesome director and hopefully awesome screenplay doing this. Majority from what I see online prefer Pattinson, both were good choices. I was in the bandwagon for Armie Hammer prior. Affleck imo was a great Dark Knight returns Batman but had a horrible script and meh director.
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 06-01-2019, 10:40 PM   #4
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz View Post
I feel like Kilmer was just there...as for Clooney he definitely was an ok Playboy Bruce Wayne but not much else. I think Pattinson will surprise everyone and you got an awesome director and hopefully awesome screenplay doing this. Majority from what I see online prefer Pattinson, both were good choices. I was in the bandwagon for Armie Hammer prior. Affleck imo was a great Dark Knight returns Batman but had a horrible script and meh director.
My top choice for the new younger Batman was the guy in my avatar (Garrett Hedlund). Criminally underrated American actor. Has a cool deep voice, tall (at 6'2) and can do the dark/brooding thing really well .
Here's what he looks like with a full head of hair

But i fully support Mr Pattinson & am rooting for him.
sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-02-2019, 09:01 AM   #5
Stay positive, don't give up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1983 View Post
My top choice for the new younger Batman was the guy in my avatar (Garrett Hedlund). Criminally underrated American actor. Has a cool deep voice, tall (at 6'2) and can do the dark/brooding thing really well .

Here's what he looks like with a full head of hair

But i fully support Mr Pattinson & am rooting for him.
I've liked him in some stuff definitely underrated
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 06-01-2019, 10:07 PM   #6
In Search of a Life

I'm not a big fan of Pattinson's work, but I'm not going to hold sparklevamp against him. I don't see the match here, but I'll wait to see how they frame the character before worrying about the actor playing it.
Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2019, 10:56 PM   #7
The Beast Inside Your Head

Quote:
Besides Nolan's trilogy there is no agreement on a "great" batman. Just because you haven't seen the lead in anything other than a stupid vampire film, don't be judgemental. Just saying. Maybe he stinks up the role. Cloney, Keatonare damn good actors and they stunk as Batman.
WTF? Most people would say Keaton is top 2.
BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-02-2019, 10:10 AM   #8
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy View Post
Just my opinion. Everyone has one.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-02-2019, 11:31 PM   #9
Bring it on Ahab!

Quote:
I don't think so old chum!
WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-02-2019, 11:46 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale View Post
I don't think so old chum!
Obviously Bale was fhe best version. Who else you got?
BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-03-2019, 05:45 AM   #11
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Obviously Bale was fhe best version. Who else you got?
I think 99.99% agree that there is Bale's Batman and then far below, the rest.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-03-2019, 05:48 AM   #12

Quote:
I think 99.99% agree that there is Bale's Batman and then far below, the rest.
True but I think most would also agree Clooney and Kilmer were bottom of the barrel.
Old 06-03-2019, 10:14 AM   #13
Plays to win the game!

Only one way for Pattinson to break the Twilight stigma in a big way and that's nail this role. Setup the trilogy, hell even put Juaquin Pheonix in as Joker and I think you've got a recipe for success. If the reports are to be true and they're going with a Raid style Batman murder mystery where it's Batman using his detective skills more and taking out baddies one level at a time, I think it's a solid recipe for success. The problem is that you've introduced half the cast that has been successful and the other half has been lacking. So you have to retcon and forget about Justice League and Batman v Superman if you're going to make this work. If The Batman nails it, then I think fans will be okay with just writing Affleck and Cavill out of the universe all together and recasting Batman, Superman, Flash, Cyborg, etc to aim to be the next comic inspired long running movie universe.
Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-03-2019, 11:56 AM   #14
Bring it on Ahab!

Quote:
True but I think most would also agree Clooney and Kilmer were bottom of the barrel.
If you cast Christian Bale in Batman and Robin nobody would think so highly of him. It's not a coincidence the favorite batman performances are from the best movies.

Things like scripts and directors REALLY matter. A lot.
WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 10:04 PM   #15
In Search of a Life

Michael Keaton is Batman, and the rest are just pretenders.
Jack Nicholson is Joker, but Ledger's at least got a fair claim to the title.
Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.