Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Hall of Classics
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-17-2021, 12:36 PM  
Supporter

WTF is with Mahomes?

Since the Super Bowl the dude has not looked right. Now he is just flat playing with his head in his ass.

I think he needs to get over himself a bit. He has 2 critical INT's this season that are 100% his fault that he had 0% reason to every try and it cost us points, 1 game and maybe 2.

Last edited by petegz28; 10-17-2021 at 05:20 PM..
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-08-2021, 09:21 PM   #751
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattyFlakes View Post
Mahomes is amazing. I wouldn’t trade him for anyone but it’s obvious he’s pressing and was trying to force the big play instead of taking the easy play. I love the aggressiveness but sometimes it’s okay to take the sure easy first down, and I’m sure after watching the film, he’d even admit that he should’ve thrown to Kelce.
and one of the other shots he had a back (I think McKinnon) all alone on his left with 20 yards of green in front of him. Like nobody anywhere. Worst case that's a 15 yard gain. Is 15 yards not a good enough play now?

Take the 15, man. Line up on first down and get another.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 09:23 PM   #752
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
and one of the other shots he had a back (I think McKinnon) all alone on his left with 20 yards of green in front of him. Like nobody anywhere. Worst case that's a 15 yard gain. Is 15 yards not a good enough play now?

That 3rd down play he was going to Reek and Reek only. Never looked anywhere else. Never read the defense.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-08-2021, 09:23 PM   #753
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
And if he hits Kelce the drive keeps going and maybe we get points.

Instead we went 3 and out.
Yes, and you are endlessly bitching about it. How all the other 3 and outs- all day? Is that all on Mahomes too.
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-08-2021, 09:24 PM   #754
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcan View Post
Yes, and you are endlessly bitching about it. How all the other 3 and outs- all day? Is that all on Mahomes too.
Yes, actually they were mostly on Mahomes.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 09:25 PM   #755
I'll be back.

The bad threads are all on Pete.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-08-2021, 09:25 PM   #756
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post

He’s like a struggling power hitter swinging for the fences every time just hoping to connect.. just needs to keep working on getting those singles and doubles when they’re open. Doing that will open up the big plays he loves going for. He’s shown improvement in that area the last few weeks, and just needs to keep at it.
PattyFlakes must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PattyFlakes must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PattyFlakes must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PattyFlakes must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PattyFlakes must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PattyFlakes must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PattyFlakes must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PattyFlakes must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PattyFlakes must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PattyFlakes must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PattyFlakes must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 11-08-2021, 09:27 PM   #757
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

LOL, I get back from a vacation and the local news is something along the lines of, "Fans questioning Mahomes and wanting him benched"...
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-08-2021, 09:30 PM   #758
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Yes, actually they were mostly on Mahomes.
I think you are talking about the play that ended the game- yes, that was all on Mahomes.

We did not get points on that drive- but we killed nearly 5 minutes off the clock and never gave the ball back.

Where is the credit for that? Isn't winning what it is all about?

Your Mahomes hate is getting ridiculous. Packers played some damned good defense yesterday.

Mahomes was averaging less than 5 yards a pass and yet you want him to dink and dunk even more?
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-08-2021, 09:31 PM   #759
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
LOL, I get back from a vacation and the local news is something along the lines of, "Fans questioning Mahomes and wanting him benched"...
I don't know that I have heard anyone call for him to be benched but he does need to get his head out of his ass.
Old 11-08-2021, 09:31 PM   #760
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
This- they were yelling it in the stands.

Then Mahomes goes out and wins the game- just like he did last week against the Giants- but all people do is bitch.
Old 11-08-2021, 09:32 PM   #761
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I don't know that I have heard anyone call for him to be benched but he does need to get his head out of his ass.
Back to back Game Winning Drives- yeah he sucks!!
Old 11-08-2021, 09:32 PM   #762
Supporter

Quote:
I think you are talking about the play that ended the game- yes, that was all on Mahomes.

We did not get points on that drive- but we killed nearly 5 minutes off the clock and never gave the ball back.

Where is the credit for that? Isn't winning what it is all about?

Your Mahomes hate is getting ridiculous. Packers played some damned good defense yesterday.

Mahomes was averaging less than 5 yards a pass and yet you want him to dink and dunk even more?

You got all your excuses...he was averaging less than 5 yards a pass for a reason. Maybe you can figure it out on your own.

Figuring this out yet?

I will give you a hint

3 plays 0 yards Punt
3 plays -1 yards Punt

He got 0 yards on the 40 yard chuck you love instead of getting 15-20 yards on the pass you assume Kelce would not have caught even though he was wide open.
Old 11-08-2021, 09:35 PM   #763
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
I guess we saw different plays. I was right above it. Mecole had a nice gap between the defenders, he had them beat. Mahomes saw it and tried to lead him (maybe too much) but it also looked like Mecole (as he often does, quit on the route) and it made it look like a terrible thrown ball.

Mahomes also had Hill for a kill shot earlier in the game, but shorted it and failed to connect.

Either one of those plays connect- Packers chance of winner goes to single digits.
You just illustrated my point. Mahomes was having some trouble with his accuracy all game. In fact, he's been having trouble with his accuracy for weeks now. And it's been magnified the farther downfield he's been throwing.

Here's the question: when your accuracy has been spotty for awhile, is it a higher percentage proposition to throw a 12 yard pass to a stationary Kelce that has a catch radius about the size of a two-car garage, or throw a ball 40+ yards downfield into what amounts to a trashcan moving 15 mph from left to right?

And understand that I don't think Mahomes is washed, or that his problem is just about footwork, or whatever most of the idiots are saying. And I get that his receivers, all of them including Hill and Kelce, haven't helped him much this season with all the drops and tipped passes that resulted in INTs. I even get that at some point he has to literally throw himself out of this funk.

But he also has to win football games. And that throw, among others, was ill-advised under most, if not all, circumstances.

Yesterday Patrick threw for just 166 yds, a 55% completion rate, a sub-5 yard per attempt average, a single TD, and a whopping 43.7 QBR.

If he'd taken just two of those wide open short routes, he'd have thrown for a minimum of 220yds. And maybe another TD.

And beyond that, his job ultimately is not to wow us with crazy deep throws.

His job is to win football games by any means necessary. And that means by taking advantage of the defense before him any way possible.

AND IF THEY GIVE YOU A WIDE OPEN TRAVIS ****ING FUTURE HOFer KELCE 5 YARDS BEYOND THE STICKS YOU TAKE IT WITH A SMILE.

And **** your ego until the next passing play.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-08-2021, 09:35 PM   #764
Supporter

Quote:

Yeah, good thing the defense was able to make a 13 point score stand.....
Old 11-08-2021, 09:37 PM   #765
Supporter

Quote:

Yeah, he is tearing it up.....