Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-15-2009, 11:54 AM  
When a nightmare becomes real

***The Official EMAW Repository thread***

I know there are enough of us to participate in this thread, even when our seasons inevitably go to shit.

KSU vs Western Illinois today, tip-off at 3:00 pm.

One thing I noticed near the end of the game on Friday night - we had 5 true freshman on the court, and still played sound basketball. None of them were scrub walk-ons either. While I don't think we will make a serious run at anything this year, the foundation is being laid for a solid program in the future.
Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:39 AM   #3691
Champs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58kcfan89 View Post
While I agree that Koenning is 10x better than Cosh, I don't know that we "let him go" so much as he just wanted to leave. That said, does anyone really think that Snyder will fire a DC in the middle of the year? Or fire him at all?
Well, I really don't know all of the details of the Koenning issue. Either he was let go, meaning he wouldn't get the "assistant to the HC" title, or didn't get a raise, or perhaps he feels that he has a better oppiturnity at Illinois than here in Manhattan.

And I doubt Snyder will fire a DC. As far as I know, I don't think he ever actually "fired" anybody during his first go-around, so I'm not holding my breath on that. I understand the talent level is on Nebraska side by a large margin, but to get schooled like that, when you had two weeks to prepare for them? I find that unacceptable, in my point of view. Plus, he never really had good defenses when he was in Maryland.
Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:57 AM   #3692
Champs!

And as much as I want to win in Larryville, despite KU's performance this year, don't think for a second that we are going to win easily, if at all, next week.
Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:04 AM   #3693
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
Well, I really don't know all of the details of the Koenning issue. Either he was let go, meaning he wouldn't get the "assistant to the HC" title, or didn't get a raise, or perhaps he feels that he has a better oppiturnity at Illinois than here in Manhattan.

And I doubt Snyder will fire a DC. As far as I know, I don't think he ever actually "fired" anybody during his first go-around, so I'm not holding my breath on that. I understand the talent level is on Nebraska side by a large margin, but to get schooled like that, when you had two weeks to prepare for them? I find that unacceptable, in my point of view. Plus, he never really had good defenses when he was in Maryland.
I agree completely on Cosh. I didn't have a problem bringing him in, especially as a co-DC with Koenning, but he's clearly not able to be a good DC by himself. The talent level hasn't dropped off that significantly from last year (Moore, Fitzgerald & Houlik were the only starters we lost, correct?) but the defense looks pretty awful. Slow, too.

As for Koenning, I was told his family had some issues with him being in MHK, but admittedly don't know much about it. I have a hard time believing we'd just let him leave unless he wanted a ridiculous pay raise or to be named HCIW or whatnot...

Speaking of Snyder & firing guys, what's everyone's thoughts on how long he stays around? Since the day we re-hired him, I didn't think he'd stay here longer than 3 years and still feel the same way. (just trying to get some non-NU discussion going)...
58kcfan89 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.58kcfan89 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.58kcfan89 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.58kcfan89 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.58kcfan89 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.58kcfan89 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.58kcfan89 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.58kcfan89 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.58kcfan89 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.58kcfan89 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.58kcfan89 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:28 AM   #3694
Custom User Title

Well that was bad.

Good news is it's KU week. And I for one don't think that game will be as close as some think.
kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:46 AM   #3695

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
And as much as I want to win in Larryville, despite KU's performance this year, don't think for a second that we are going to win easily, if at all, next week.
Yeah, I imagine we will see more of the same.

This defense is ****ing atrocious. It is at the same level, or worst, as a Ron Prince/Tim Tibesar defense.

It's one thing to not be able and stop the pass, but simple ****ing zone read running plays that we knew were coming...

The Huskers could have easily scored 100.
Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:33 AM   #3696
Scarlett Johansson's boytoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy View Post
Yeah, I imagine we will see more of the same.

This defense is ****ing atrocious. It is at the same level, or worst, as a Ron Prince/Tim Tibesar defense.

It's one thing to not be able and stop the pass, but simple ****ing zone read running plays that we knew were coming...

The Huskers could have easily scored 100.
I was thinking of trying to google Tibesar's phone number again last night after the game until I snapped out of it and accepted this wasn't still his fault.

His wife didn't like it last time I called.
mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:35 AM   #3697
Scarlett Johansson's boytoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58kcfan89 View Post
I agree completely on Cosh. I didn't have a problem bringing him in, especially as a co-DC with Koenning, but he's clearly not able to be a good DC by himself. The talent level hasn't dropped off that significantly from last year (Moore, Fitzgerald & Houlik were the only starters we lost, correct?) but the defense looks pretty awful. Slow, too.

As for Koenning, I was told his family had some issues with him being in MHK, but admittedly don't know much about it. I have a hard time believing we'd just let him leave unless he wanted a ridiculous pay raise or to be named HCIW or whatnot...

Speaking of Snyder & firing guys, what's everyone's thoughts on how long he stays around? Since the day we re-hired him, I didn't think he'd stay here longer than 3 years and still feel the same way. (just trying to get some non-NU discussion going)...
IMHO Koenning took the job just to HAVE a job. He was looking to get out from the get go. His family never moved here, and he reportedly didn't buy into the work ethic.

I think he took the ILL job forecasting Zook would get canned and Vic (being on a 2 year contract) would get paid 2 years salary for a years work.
mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:50 PM   #3698

I suppose we can shelve any and all unrealistic expectations anyone had for this team. It is flawed, which I suppose makes sense, considering the garbage Prince recruited on defense.

Our QB situation is ****ed. I suppose it is wide open now, but at this point, i'd rather lose with Klein or Lamur at the helm rather than Coffman.

I think we can win 6-7 games this year. I think our road games are winnable, except @MU. Our home games are TOUGH.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:53 PM   #3699
Stroking to the SB Champs!

This D is scary bad. No speed, No size along the DL, LB's are BAAAAAAAAAD, and Safety play has been atrocious.
ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:54 PM   #3700

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTown View Post
This D is scary bad. No speed, No size along the DL, LB's are BAAAAAAAAAD, and Safety play has been atrocious.
It's safe to say that they just all suck, and are not Big XII caliber players.

Brandon Harold is about the only one with any talent on that side of the ball.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:00 PM   #3701

Quote:
It's safe to say that they just all suck, and are not Big XII caliber players.

Brandon Harold is about the only one with any talent on that side of the ball.
Harold got his ass handed to him last night. When he's motivated, he's a difference maker. When he's moping about something, he tends to mentally check out. 1 fkg assisted tackle last night. ONE!
ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:08 PM   #3702
**** the Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
Hi Jamie!

N

BTW, Bob, I knew there was a reason every time I pass through Belton on my way into or out of town I flip you off.
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:25 PM   #3703

http://thescoopmanhattan.com/news/ks...oop-manhattan/
Old 10-08-2010, 01:32 PM   #3704

I will say this - I won't miss the Husker fans coming to Manhattan. Not one bit. Only the OU fans rival them in numbers and obnoxiousness.

They aren't assholes, just ridiculous and dorky.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:33 PM   #3705

Quote: