Old 07-24-2017, 12:30 PM  
Damnit Peg

Fast Times At Ridgemont High in theaters

https://www.fathomevents.com/events/...ate=2017-07-30

IN THEATERS JUL 30, AUG 2

TCM Big Screen Classics Presents
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
A Special 35th Anniversary Event

Follow a group of Southern California high school students as they explore their most important subjects: sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll. Directed by Amy Heckerling (Clueless) and written by Cameron Crowe (Almost Famous), this hilarious portrait of 1980s American teen life features film debuts of future stars Nicolas Cage and Forest Whitaker, plus decade-defining music from The Go-Go's, Oingo Boingo and The Cars.
Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 07-27-2017, 07:45 PM   #46
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
The three things that stand out as continuing to tickle me over the years.

The aardvark coat [and the neighbor with another aardvark coat in particular].
The Cosell brothers
The way the kids in class hang on the teacher's every word and are bummed out when the bell rings.

I've been going to this school for 7 and a half years, I'm no dummy.

Definitely one of my all time favorites. Supposedly John Cusack hates "Better Off Dead" which is unfortunate.
Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 07-27-2017, 07:54 PM   #47
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Better Off Dead is freaking awesome.

I didn't see it until it went to the $1 showing but I must have seen it half a dozen times after.

I own it on DVD.

Gotcha! is another of my 80's favs.
Jesus Christ I remember that movie yes it is a good one.

Do you remember FX? With Brian Brown and Brian Dennehy, Diane Venora was hot
I loved this ****ing movie

Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2017, 08:05 PM   #48
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo View Post
Jesus Christ I remember that movie yes it is a good one.

Do you remember FX? With Brian Brown and Brian Dennehy, Diane Venora was hot
I loved this ****ing movie
Yes! Fantastic movie.

The sequel was blah, IIRC.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2017, 08:22 PM   #49
Mod Team

I've never seen the original.

Worth it?
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2017, 08:27 PM   #50
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
I've never seen the original.

Worth it?
Fast Times or FX?
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-28-2017, 08:38 AM   #51
Resident Glue Sniffer

Quote:
The three things that stand out as continuing to tickle me over the years.

The aardvark coat [and the neighbor with another aardvark coat in particular].
The Cosell brothers
The way the kids in class hang on the teacher's every word and are bummed out when the bell rings.

absolutely. so many nuances that are just brilliant.

so, I always use a term when I see a cool bike or car and it comes from the scene in Better Off Dead.

"you borrowed $200 to purchase the car, because your girlfriend Beth said it was...1 I believe the term was "tasty". Since then, that "tasty" car has slept in an auto-cocoon"

also the father son talk where he dad is trying to get him to date other girls. Dad is reading some sort of "Guide to Teenagers" handbook. uses terms like "Mellow off" (instead of mellow out), and "you're really bringing me over man" (instead of bringing me down)
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-28-2017, 09:29 AM   #52
It's a league game, Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayze View Post
absolutely. so many nuances that are just brilliant.

so, I always use a term when I see a cool bike or car and it comes from the scene in Better Off Dead.

"you borrowed $200 to purchase the car, because your girlfriend Beth said it was...1 I believe the term was "tasty". Since then, that "tasty" car has slept in an auto-cocoon"

also the father son talk where he dad is trying to get him to date other girls. Dad is reading some sort of "Guide to Teenagers" handbook. uses terms like "Mellow off" (instead of mellow out), and "you're really bringing me over man" (instead of bringing me down)
One of the Cosell brothers was the villain in Karate Kid 2 and Cusack's boss at the fast food place was Porky. And let's not forget Booger sniffing snow and pondering what the street value of the mountain was.
Swanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 07-28-2017, 05:07 PM   #53
MVP

Speaking of classic 80's flicks I watched "Bachelor Party" for the first time in years last night. The Donkey snorting the blow still makes me LMFAO.

"I don't know about you guys but i don't usually like my filth this clean."

"Boy George has a yeast infection?"
Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 07-28-2017, 05:41 PM   #54
My Mamma Says

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerinMo View Post
Speaking of classic 80's flicks I watched "Bachelor Party" for the first time in years last night. The Donkey snorting the blow still makes me LMFAO.

"I don't know about you guys but i don't usually like my filth this clean."

"Boy George has a yeast infection?"
Mmmmm.. Tawny Kittaen

Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-29-2017, 11:33 AM   #55
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Better Off Dead is freaking awesome.

I didn't see it until it went to the $1 showing but I must have seen it half a dozen times after.

I own it on DVD.

Gotcha! is another of my 80's favs.
John Cusack was the man...

Gotcha...was that the one with the fake shooting game? I remember it on HBO alot back in the 80s..

A few of my teen faves from the 80s..... Real Genius, The Sure Thing, and Back to School
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-29-2017, 01:35 PM   #56
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
Gotcha...was that the one with the fake shooting game? I remember it on HBO alot back in the 80s..
When Goose had hair.

Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-29-2017, 02:07 PM   #57
I got Rice cookin in the micro

I really hate hate 80's music, but The Cars with the Cates scene and Van Halen in better off dead. Mag Na fleek
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-29-2017, 02:36 PM   #58
Supporter

Quote:
When Goose had hair.
I still love that movie and bought it on DVD probably 10 years ago. The casting was excellent. Alex Rocco was awesome as his dad.
Old 07-29-2017, 02:41 PM   #59
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
John Cusack was the man...

A few of my teen faves from the 80s..... Real Genius, The Sure Thing, and Back to School
I don't remember Gotcha! being on HBO in the 80's but I first saw the film in theaters in 1985.

Real Genius was and still is one of my favorites. The Sure Thing had to grow on me a bit and it was good but I prefer Better Of Dead, Sixteen Candles and One Crazy Summer to it, although I do own all of them on DVD.

It's difficult for me to put Back To School in the same category, as it was more about Rodney than 80's teens. I liked the film and still do, but it doesn't have any "nostalgia" factor for me, unlike Pretty In Pink, Ferris Bueller's Day Off and many of the others listed in this thread.
Old 07-29-2017, 02:43 PM   #60
I got Rice cookin in the micro

back to school and fletch were funny but not time stampers.
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.