Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-15-2021, 06:48 PM  
Banned

Windows 11

Windows 11 leak reveals new UI, Start menu, and more

eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-05-2021, 10:44 PM   #211
Plays to win the game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
The new UI just turns me off every time I remote into a customer's machine and they have this shit installed.
That's why you tell them that they haven't released a remote client that works with Windows 11 yet, easy peasy.
Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-05-2021, 11:08 PM   #212
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingRed View Post
Wait till they start accidently key stroking a VM and lose all their work... That will be fun to explain.

"YOU TOLD US THERE WERE NO ISSUES WITH WINDOWS 11"

"Hi there! That is true. There aren't any issues with the application running on Windows 11. However, Windows 11 does introduce some features that might cause problems for you if the OS is improperly used. You might be more comfortable in a Windows 10 environment, especially since we didn't tell your dumb ass to upgrade."
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-05-2021, 11:11 PM   #213
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravedigger View Post
That's why you tell them that they haven't released a remote client that works with Windows 11 yet, easy peasy.
I would love to do that but they would be absolutely furious with me when they discovered my co-worker could remote in just fine.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-05-2021, 11:35 PM   #214
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Me:
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-02-2022, 08:46 PM   #215
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Just started getting the "your system will run better on Win11" sorts of messages. Anybody taken the leap? If so, was it worth it? Win10 has been SOLID on all my devices so I'm stuck between "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" and "it'll make things better"... Ugh!
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-02-2022, 08:49 PM   #216
In Search of a Life

You answered your own question.

"if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

We're a ways out before W10 is no longer supported.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 08:58 PM   #217
It was not a fair catch

I am getting--this device will not support win 11.

I am due for a new laptop anyway. My wife has not upgraded hers yet.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-02-2022, 09:33 PM   #218
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
Just started getting the "your system will run better on Win11" sorts of messages. Anybody taken the leap? If so, was it worth it? Win10 has been SOLID on all my devices so I'm stuck between "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" and "it'll make things better"... Ugh!
I have a new Surface that came with Windows 11 and it seems..., fine.

Honestly haven't really noticed that much better or worse. Although my main desktop is certainly capable of running Windows 11, haven't seen a big reason to switch from 10 to 11 on it.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 09:36 PM   #219
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan View Post
I have a new Surface that came with Windows 11 and it seems..., fine.

Honestly haven't really noticed that much better or worse. Although my main desktop is certainly capable of running Windows 11, haven't seen a big reason to switch from 10 to 11 on it.
Right on. My Surface was the first Win10 device to ask if I wanted Win11.

I'll wait...
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-02-2022, 10:27 PM   #220
a.k.a. Lenny

I think you wiill need a MS account for WIN 11. That sux.
Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 03-02-2022, 10:43 PM   #221

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boon View Post
You need at least a junk email with a junk MS account. But once you activate it, you can still create/use a 'local' account on your device that is not tied to an email.

But yea, annoying.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 10:43 PM   #222

Quote:
You need at least a junk email with a junk MS account. But once you activate it, you can still create/use a 'local' account on your device that is not tied to an email.

But yea, annoying.
Old 03-02-2022, 11:23 PM   #223
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
It's fine. Runs just the same as Win10. The original start menu was clunky, but with the latest updates I'm fine with it. Performance is the same. The windows grouping options are pretty nice. It's a very solid OS. All my games run fine.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-02-2022, 11:25 PM   #224
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
No, you can still create an offline account. When you get to the part during setup where it says "Let's add your Microsoft Account," just click on Sign-in Options and select Offline Account.

EDIT: So, apparently the above method does not work with the Win11 Home version. Apologies, I never use the Home version. Supposedly there is a method to still create an offline account with the Win11 Home version by doing a sneaky disconnect of the internet during setup. But if you want seamless install of an offline account, don't get the Home version.

Last edited by Fish; 03-02-2022 at 11:30 PM..
Old 03-02-2022, 11:43 PM   #225
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
It's fine. Runs just the same as Win10. The original start menu was clunky, but with the latest updates I'm fine with it. Performance is the same. The windows grouping options are pretty nice. It's a very solid OS. All my games run fine.
I bought a new laptop with 11. I need to upgrade my work rig because I bought a giant ass monitor and the windows grouping looks nice.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2022, 10:56 AM   #226
Live free or die hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
I am getting--this device will not support win 11.

I am due for a new laptop anyway. My wife has not upgraded hers yet.
My work desktop gets the same message. I'm almost certain it's because you don't have a TPM chip. The requirements for Win11 are actually quiet miniscule all things considered.

They (the industry) wants us to buy new PCs.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/6/25/2...ement-security
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.