Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-29-2017, 12:00 AM  
Special Teams ACE!!!

Herm Edwards will interview for Arizona State HC job

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...-this-weekend/

We don't have any Sun Devil fans here on CP, do we? If so, we need to keep them on suicide watch
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2017, 08:20 PM   #76
Rock Chalk Jayhawks! KU!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
He got the job because the ASU AD was once his agent

No shit? Holy shit that’s awesomeness.
Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2017, 08:21 PM   #77
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servant_KC View Post
No shit? Holy shit that’s awesomeness.
Yep. Seems he's setting up sweet gigs for all of his friends.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 11-29-2017, 08:23 PM   #78
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Crennel could at least call a defense. Are you talking about Ben McAdoo? He could call an offense. Callahan is pretty garbage but I don't see him being materially worse than Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards.

I've never said anything about the good things he did because the first thing you said to me about it was blasting me for (correctly) asserting that he wrecked the franchise (because he did).

You very much white knighted him when you said he is "exactly what the franchise needed" While was going about wrecking the franchise.
I don't know how anyone could possibly view you as credible when you not only qualify mcadoo and Romeo. You even suggest that they were better. Just wow.

Those two will go down as the worst head coaches of all time. And they will have earned it. I could give a shit about scheme. Lots of brilliant playcallers failed at head coach. Lots of average playcallers or those with no experience became great head coaches.

In the long history of terrible head coaches, herm is not even close to the conversation. Anyone who believes otherwise is exactly the type of exaggerator I'm "white knighting" against.

And my comment about being what the franchise needed was that we needed leaders who were willing to wrecking ball the franchise. Not because I thought he was a good coach. That is a totally separate conversation about discussing qualifications of a head coach. He was needed for that situation. No, I would not support any team that put him in to coach an established franchise.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2017, 08:26 PM   #79
Bring it on Ahab!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
Sorry, I find it just a little ridiculous that in the world of Bill Callahans, Bob McAdoos, and Romeo Crennels, that people act like Herm was the worst coach to ever live. Compared to those coaches, he's a hall of famer.

I'm glad to see what you said above. I agree with most of it. That is the first I've heard of you even hinting at a compliment so I wasn't aware that's where you stood. And no, I'm not white knighting Herm. Calling him "not good" is not a defense of him as a coach. It's a defense against people who have such an irrational hatred for the guy.
Herm is and was a complete fraud head coach.

Hes' a shitty version of Marty or Tony Dungy.

His clock management makes Andy Reid look like Bill Walsh.
WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2017, 08:33 PM   #80
Rock Chalk Jayhawks! KU!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale View Post

Didn’t Herm lose two timeouts in the same challenge against Oakland one time?
Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2017, 08:39 PM   #81
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
Herm cruising Mill Ave.
Herm on Santa Rosa Avenue just a block off Mill is more like it.

Last edited by cooper barrett; 11-29-2017 at 08:49 PM..
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-29-2017, 08:41 PM   #82
Supporter

Quote:
I don't know how anyone could possibly view you as credible when you not only qualify mcadoo and Romeo. You even suggest that they were better. Just wow.
Right. They are just as bad as Herm, but at least they could coach a defense. There is some redeeming quality to their coaching accumen. ****ing Herm was a DB coach and shit head coach. End.

Quote:
Those two will go down as the worst head coaches of all time. And they will have earned it.
So will Herm.

Quote:
I could give a shit about scheme. Lots of brilliant playcallers failed at head coach.
Right, but at least they could call a game.

Quote:
In the long history of terrible head coaches, herm is not even close to the conversation. Anyone who believes otherwise is exactly the type of exaggerator I'm "white knighting" against.
Yes he most certainly is. And not only did he do it to the Jets, but our stupid ****ing franchise was goddamned stupid enough to hire him and let him run it into the ground.

Quote:
And my comment about being what the franchise needed was that we needed leaders who were willing to wrecking ball the franchise. Not because I thought he was a good coach. That is a totally separate conversation about discussing qualifications of a head coach. He was needed for that situation. No, I would not support any team that put him in to coach an established franchise.
Wrongo. I said he wrecked the franchise, you said he wasn't so bad. We walked through how he was a total shit coach. Then we walked through how he was a total shit personnel guy. The only thing you could fall back on was the totally unprovable assertion that Herm all by his lonesome undid 20 years of King Carl approach.

You totally white knighted his ass when you blasted me for (correctly) asserting that he wrecked the franchise (because he did).
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2017, 08:43 PM   #83
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale View Post

You're preaching to the choir.

But a shittier version of dungy is 100 times better than a good version of Romeo.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2017, 08:44 PM   #84
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servant_KC View Post
Didn’t Herm lose two timeouts in the same challenge against Oakland one time?
Holy ****. I forgot that. **** you. I had successfully repressed that memory.

God, now I can see his stupid ****ing face wondering how the hell that just happened. What a joke. God why the hell does our franchise suck so bad?
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2017, 08:46 PM   #85
Supporter

Quote:
You're preaching to the choir.

But a shittier version of dungy is 100 times better than a good version of Romeo.
Remember, Romeo and DEREK ****ING ANDERSEN beat your hero in the best year he posted here.

Right. That Romeo.
Old 11-29-2017, 08:52 PM   #86
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper barrett View Post
Herm on Santa Rosa Avenue just a block off Mill is more like it.
Herm in Sun City more like it.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2017, 08:55 PM   #87
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
I'm going to get Beuhler some Sun Devil gear.
Sun Devil Gear with Herm at the Helm?

cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:01 PM   #88
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Right. They are just as bad as Herm, but at least they could coach a defense. There is some redeeming quality to their coaching accumen. ****ing Herm was a DB coach and shit head coach. End.

So will Herm.

Right, but at least they could call a game.

Yes he most certainly is. And not only did he do it to the Jets, but our stupid ****ing franchise was goddamned stupid enough to hire him and let him run it into the ground.

Wrongo. I said he wrecked the franchise, you said he wasn't so bad. We walked through how he was a total shit coach. Then we walked through how he was a total shit personnel guy. The only thing you could fall back on was the totally unprovable assertion that Herm all by his lonesome undid 20 years of King Carl approach.

You totally white knighted his ass when you blasted me for (correctly) asserting that he wrecked the franchise (because he did).
They are not as bad as herm. Good lord.

Herm was a terrible game manager and in game coach. But he took talented teams and did okay with them. They werent the most disciplined or motivated, but they were enough. You can get average play out of reasonably motivated players in a lousy scheme. The worst coaches are the ones who lose their football teams entirely. Herm never did that.

I don't care how talented your team is, making multiple playoffs is an accomplishment. And we've seen terrible coaches take super bowl rosters and turn them into 1-15 overnight. He was an average to below average coach. No more, no less. And there have been a hell of a lot worse.

Callahan created locker room mutiny. Mcadoo might end up becoming one of the worst coaches in nfl history. Romeos teams were the most uninspired, unprepared teams I have ever seen. Morninweig. Marinelli. Cam Cameron. How can you even compare the two? But herm falls into that category because he couldn't miracle work a team playing on the sinking titanic? Bullshit. He is way above those guys.

And wrecking balling the franchise was the right thing to do. And I will never understand all the excuses you make for vermeil who literally wrecked the franchise with drunken credit card spending, yet you place almost absolute blame on the guy cleaning up vermeils bills. Again, herm was right to wrecking ball the franchise. It took balls. Maybe you don't think they brought enough talent quickly enough. Fair enough. But the idea that you think a guy who had a bad team with a disgustingly bad roster in any way compares to the dozens of nfl coaches who did disgustingly bad with decent rosters, then it goes to show that your hate for the man has completely clouded your judgment. Herm could take a good roster and make them average. Romeo took good rosters and turned them into #1 picks.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 09:06 PM   #89
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Remember, Romeo and DEREK ****ING ANDERSEN beat your hero in the best year he posted here.

Right. That Romeo.
Wow, so Romeo is a better coach than herm because he beat him once years ago? Must make mcadoo a better coach than Andy Reid.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:07 PM   #90
Supporter

Quote:
They are not as bad as herm. Good lord.

Herm was a terrible game manager and in game coach. But he took talented teams and did okay with them. They werent the most disciplined or motivated, but they were enough. You can get average play out of reasonably motivated players in a lousy scheme. The worst coaches are the ones who lose their football teams entirely. Herm never did that.
Herm is absolutely as bad as those guys. You're right, he didn't destroy the locker room, but are the end results different than what Herm ended up with? Hell the Giants already have 2 wins. McAdoo could potentially win more games than Squrimin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards did in his firing year.

Quote:
I don't care how talented your team is, making multiple playoffs is an accomplishment. And we've seen terrible coaches take super bowl rosters and turn them into 1-15 overnight. He was an average to below average coach. No more, no less. And there have been a hell of a lot worse.

Callahan created locker room mutiny. Mcadoo might end up becoming one of the worst coaches in nfl history. Romeos teams were the most uninspired, unprepared teams I have ever seen. Morninweig. Marinelli. Cam Cameron. How can you even compare the two? But herm falls into that category because he couldn't miracle work a team playing on the sinking titanic? Bullshit. He is way above those guys.

And wrecking balling the franchise was the right thing to do. And I will never understand all the excuses you make for vermeil who literally wrecked the franchise with drunken credit card spending, yet you place almost absolute blame on the guy cleaning up vermeils bills. Again, herm was right to wrecking ball the franchise. It took balls. Maybe you don't think they brought enough talent quickly enough. Fair enough. But the idea that you think a guy who had a bad team with a disgustingly bad roster in any way compares to the dozens of nfl coaches who did disgustingly bad with decent rosters, then it goes to show that your hate for the man has completely clouded your judgment. Herm could take a good roster and make them average. Romeo took good rosters and turned them into #1 picks.
I'm not going through all this shit with you again. Herm wrecked the ****ing franchise. There is no getting around it.