Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-20-2017, 07:10 PM  
Now you've pissed me off!

****Official 2017 Missouri Tigers Football Thread****

Year two of the Barry Odom era begins in a little over a month.

2017 Schedule:

Spoiler!

Hamas' Crystal ball says 6-6 w/ two SEC wins (SC @ home and @Vandy).

Recruiting:

Bold=Signed LOI

Spoiler!

Last edited by 'Hamas' Jenkins; 02-07-2018 at 10:01 AM..
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2017, 10:09 AM   #271
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
What a disaster.

He has to go. I was optimistic Odom would put together a top-notch staff and could be a real success - his work ethic and fresh take were things I thought could energize the staff and lead to some nice results.

It hasn't worked out that way at all.

With the South Endzone project looming and the team staring down the barrel of potentially tanking ticket sales and attendance, Sterk will have to make a move.

Giving him Year 3 just to be nice and "fair" would be a gigantic mistake, as you'd be basing Year 3 improvements entirely on hopes and dreams.

Hopefully Sterk's football coaches list is fresh and ready to go.

Personally, I would be looking at:
Kyle Whittingham (won't leave Utah but you make him say that)

Mike Leach (his success at Wazzou is impressive, and I think he'd relish the opportunity to win in the SEC. ceiling at Mizzou would be higher).

Frank Wilson (UT-San Antonio - young and successful, was a premium recruiter as an assistant in SEC and in Texas, succeeding as HC at a tough spot)

Mike Bobo (longtime Georgia OC under Richt, from Georgia, strong recruiter, having a good run at Colorado State)

Blake Anderson (Arkansas State, latest in a line of good coaches at that school).

There are some other names out there to think about - Dave Doeren at NC State, Mike Norvell at Memphis, and maybe even Jeff Brohm.

Head coaching experience and success is a must.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Leach probably isn't leaving Wazzu, the correct spelling, anytime soon. He fits in with the culture there and he hates having to deal with boosters which Wazzu doesn't have very demanding ones.
GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 09-17-2017, 10:44 AM   #272
In Search of a Life

Pretty good list.

I would add Mike MacIntyre from Colorado, Greg Schiano (might be a stretch, but did make shit program Rutgers competitive) and Lane Kiffin (a lot of baggage, but can recruit surprisingly well and has experience. Will want out of FAU asap).

I don't give a shit if the coach has baggage if they can win.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 10:44 AM   #273
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosbonian View Post
Sorry.....we are just going to have to agree to disagree.

Too many times it is like duncan referred to, an emotional attachment that clouds the judgement of those making the decision.

Odom brought DeMontie Cross (an old teammate and alumni, there's that word again) with him which spelled his doom.

And FTR....sometimes even the most qualified coach available can't turn around programs. It's a crap shoot and somehow you have to get lucky and find that diamond in the rough.

Shouldn't we always look for the most qualified coach, whether or not he is an alumni?
Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 09-17-2017, 10:44 AM   #274
You Sweetie!

I didn't see the game but it looked very disappointing. Sorry guys. I always root for them.
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2017, 11:40 AM   #275
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
Pretty good list.

I would add Mike MacIntyre from Colorado, Greg Schiano (might be a stretch, but did make shit program Rutgers competitive) and Lane Kiffin (a lot of baggage, but can recruit surprisingly well and has experience. Will want out of FAU asap).

I don't give a shit if the coach has baggage if they can win.

Kiffin has failed miserably at Tennessee and USC. He needs to show more than a few years of success coordinating Alabama and a single season at FAU before I think he's worth taking a shot on.

Schiano would be ok, I guess. I'm not a huge fan. The Big East was incredibly weak while he was there, and they were still second tier to West Virginia (whose coach has failed elsewhere, too).

Don't know much about Macintyre, but if he can win there, and would come, that would be a plus.

duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2017, 01:41 PM   #276
Starter

"two SEC wins (SC @ home and @Vandy)."

At least you had the courage to make a prediction....
LaDexter < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.LaDexter < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.LaDexter < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.LaDexter < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.LaDexter < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.LaDexter < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.LaDexter < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.LaDexter < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.LaDexter < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.LaDexter < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.LaDexter < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 09-17-2017, 03:18 PM   #277
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best22 View Post
Shouldn't we always look for the most qualified coach, whether or not he is an alumni?
I'm not going to disagree to some extent....but the reality is that too many times Alumni are under greater pressure to win and also get more leeway than someone who isn't an Alumni.

That combination is not normally an equation for success.
Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.
Old 09-17-2017, 03:23 PM   #278
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Kiffin has failed miserably at Tennessee and USC. He needs to show more than a few years of success coordinating Alabama and a single season at FAU before I think he's worth taking a shot on.

Schiano would be ok, I guess. I'm not a huge fan. The Big East was incredibly weak while he was there, and they were still second tier to West Virginia (whose coach has failed elsewhere, too).

Don't know much about Macintyre, but if he can win there, and would come, that would be a plus.

The appeal with Kiffin is the recruiting and you only make the move if he can guarantee good coordinators.

Schiano won at Rutgers. ****ing Rutgers. Who gives a ****ing shit about Rutgers ever? Winning there at all is impressive.

They aren't my top choices, but we will need to go a little lefr field if we make the switch this year....and absolutely should.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 09-17-2017, 03:25 PM   #279
Now you've pissed me off!

Greg Schiano is an epic piece of shit with deep Pioli connections. I'd rather Bobbitize myself and then jump out of a window into a pool of acid whose bottom was filled with punji sticks.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2017, 03:31 PM   #280
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
Greg Schiano is an epic piece of shit with deep Pioli connections. I'd rather Bobbitize myself and then jump out of a window into a pool of acid whose bottom was filled with punji sticks.
Oh god, I forgot about the Pioli connection.

86 that shit
Old 09-17-2017, 04:48 PM   #281
Damnit Peg

MU and their fans want no part of Schiano....
Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 09-17-2017, 05:37 PM   #282
Rabbi Goldmann

KU scored more yesterday than Neb, KSU, and Mizzou. Combined.

Considering how bad we suck ass, that's saying something
Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2017, 05:41 PM   #283
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch View Post
KU scored more yesterday than Neb, KSU, and Mizzou. Combined.

Considering how bad we suck ass, that's saying something
Against the worst opponent by a wide margin.
Stargazer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Stargazer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Stargazer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Stargazer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Stargazer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Stargazer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Stargazer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Stargazer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Stargazer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Stargazer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Stargazer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 09-17-2017, 06:05 PM   #284
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
The appeal with Kiffin is the recruiting and you only make the move if he can guarantee good coordinators.

Schiano won at Rutgers. ****ing Rutgers. Who gives a ****ing shit about Rutgers ever? Winning there at all is impressive.

They aren't my top choices, but we will need to go a little lefr field if we make the switch this year....and absolutely should.

Recruiting to Tennessee or USC is not recruiting to Missouri, though. And he was a disaster at both of those places despite having better talent than he's going to be able to get at Mizzou. Even if he could consistently land top 20-25 classes at Mizzou, how is he going to do better with that than he did with top recruiting at tenn and USC?

Schiano's success at Rutgers is not that impressive. Yes, they were terrible before he got there, but the big east was weaker in that timeframe than the bigb12 north. Just not impressed.

I would be fine with Schiano, but do t think that would be a realHR hire.

duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2017, 07:47 PM   #285
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Recruiting to Tennessee or USC is not recruiting to Missouri, though. And he was a disaster at both of those places despite having better talent than he's going to be able to get at Mizzou. Even if he could consistently land top 20-25 classes at Mizzou, how is he going to do better with that than he did with top recruiting at tenn and USC?

Schiano's success at Rutgers is not that impressive. Yes, they were terrible before he got there, but the big east was weaker in that timeframe than the bigb12 north. Just not impressed.

I would be fine with Schiano, but do t think that would be a realHR hire.

I'm not saying any of those dudes would be homeruns.

They are going to have some issues getting a higher end guy that has HC experience, with all the SEC teams that will be looking in a year.

Petrino would make a lot of sense if it weren't for the baggage, buyout and unknown that he would stick around.

Not a lot of names seem ideal. Bobo will be a hot commodity this winter.

I'm going to be permanently drunk if they do something stupid like Les Miles.