Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-03-2023, 05:19 PM  
Starter

Patrick Mahomes says he wants to play flag football at the 2028 Olympics

Found this to share:

Patrick Mahomes says he wants to play flag football at the 2028 Olympics

Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes wants to be an Olympian.

Asked today in Germany about bringing the NFL overseas, Mahomes brought up the Olympics, and said he’s excited about flag football becoming an Olympic sport in 2028.

“NFL football, American football has taken to further parts, all the way across the world, with flag football coming to the Olympics. I think it’s really cool because football is a great game that has given me so much and I want to make sure everyone gets the same experience that I got growing up,” Mahomes said.

Mahomes said he hopes to be the quarterback for Team USA at the Los Angeles Olympics, although he isn’t sure if Chiefs coach Andy Reid and General Manager Brett Veach would be OK with it.

“I definitely want to, but I’ve seen some of those guys play the flag football and they’re a little faster than I am,” he said. “I know there’s not, like, linemen blocking for you. I’ll be 31, 32 years old, so if I can still move around then, I’m going to try to get out there and throw the football around maybe in LA. Just don’t tell Coach Reid or Veach or anybody.”

There are plenty of questions about whether active NFL players will participate in Olympic flag football. But if they do, Mahomes wants to be a part of it.

Link:
https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profoo...topic%2Fsports
Realbaddog must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Realbaddog must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Realbaddog must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Realbaddog must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Realbaddog must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Realbaddog must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Realbaddog must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Realbaddog must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Realbaddog must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Realbaddog must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Realbaddog must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 11-03-2023, 05:44 PM   #2
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

It would be cool for Mahomes to add an Olympic gold medal to his HOF resume, but even in flag football there is still an injury risk.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 05:58 PM   #3
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

I'm pretty sure he could make the team.

It would be fun to watch him passing to Travis against a bunch of 160-lb. Pakistanis.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-03-2023, 10:46 PM   #4
Most Valuable Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post

It would be fun to watch him passing to Travis against a bunch of 160-lb. Pakistanis.
Kelce at 38/39... my guess is NOT in the Olympics.
teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-04-2023, 05:51 AM   #5
Going home eventually

Send him and Lamar.
Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-04-2023, 08:24 AM   #6
Praise Him

not sure rhe Chiefs would allow
King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 11-04-2023, 08:54 AM   #7
Back-to-Back-to-Back.......

Ok beat The Fins and its allowed
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-04-2023, 06:15 PM   #8
Replaced by a future HOFer !!

Pat is going to do whatever the NFL asks him to do in order to market the game in Europe at every angle.
Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-04-2023, 06:16 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedubya View Post
Kelce at 38/39... my guess is NOT in the Olympics.
If Tay Tay say's he must play then he will play.
Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-04-2023, 06:51 PM   #10
Valiant 'The Thread Killer'

I would let him be back up. But you just take your fastest players for flag.
Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 11-04-2023, 07:01 PM   #11
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

How could he possibly?

I mean with all those new receivers, he wouldn't trust ANYBODY.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-04-2023, 07:35 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
How could he possibly?

I mean with all those new receivers, he wouldn't trust ANYBODY.
Pretty much!!
Old Today, 11:43 AM   #13
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Who is this loser?

Link: https://amp.tmz.com/2024/08/21/flag-...-than-mahomes/

Quote:
FLAG FOOTBALL'S 'HOUSH' DOUCETTE: I'M BETTER FIT TO LEAD TEAM USA THAN PATRICK MAHOMES

A current flag football star quarterback believes he's a better fit to lead Team USA in the 2028 Olympics than Patrick Mahomes ... and he tells TMZ Sports the only way he'll think otherwise is if the three-time Super Bowl champion proves it to him on the field.

The confident signal-caller's name is Darrell "Housh" Doucette ... a 35-year-old righty who helped lead the U.S. national flag football team to gold at the 2022 World Games.

If his name sounds familiar ... it's because earlier this week, he made national headlines -- when he claimed it was "disrespectful" that a lot of NFL stars are currently believing they can displace some flag footballers and go for gold on their own at the Los Angeles Games in four years.

Doucette told us in an interview Tuesday he feels his words were a bit misconstrued ... and all he was trying to say was he simply wants NFLers to have to try out and earn their spots on flag rosters -- just like he did.

That being said, though, he did say he's sure he's better suited to lead the U.S. flag squad in '28 than Mahomes is.

"At the end of the day," Doucette told us, "I feel like I'm better than Patrick Mahomes because of my IQ of the game."

He later added in a text message, "I'm not saying I'm a better player overall but until he steps on a 5v5 flag field, I'm going to feel that way until it’s proven otherwise! I'm a competitor and need to be proven wrong."

While it might sound crazy -- check out some of Doucette's highlights ... it's clear the flag game definitely differs from the one Mahomes plays on Sundays.

The field is shorter and more narrow ... and the competition is only 5-on-5. According to Housh, there's almost no physicality either -- and it takes a special skillset to know how to guard flags from being pulled.

"This is a totally different game," he said.

Doucette is so confident of that -- he told us he believes if a squad full of NFL stars took on his flag team ... the NFL players would lose.

Now, Doucette says that all could change if the guys took it seriously and trained their asses off -- but he's making it clear, he and his squad mates won't give up any potential Olympic roster spots without a fight either way.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 11:44 AM   #14
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaMan88 View Post
What a doush.
ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old Today, 11:47 AM   #15
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post

LMFAO
KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.