Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-30-2020, 02:45 PM  
Hockey Town

Anyone ever experience burnout?

I feel like I'm there, I was there before Covid and feel like it's worse now. I legit have no motivation to do anything and I know I'm pessimistic and not fun to be around for the most part. If anyone wants further stuff I can deep dive but I need some advice because I feel like I'm stuck in the wallow not to escape.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2020, 03:58 PM   #271
Elway be drinkin' again

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
Or move on. If possible.
22 years ago (youngish punk, just built a new house-as in GC not "had built for me", kids...........) I was making the guy I worked for serious bank. I was making really really good coin as well.

I told him I wanted to be a shareholder. He told me "you do what you do and I do what I do, nothing more is available right now". I got up, told him thanks (I was serious because I needed that clarification). 4 months later I took another sales guy with me, our lead operations guy and started the company we have today. We were backed by (at the time) a 90 year old company in Portland of which I am now one of the owners.

I laid in bed at night for several weeks saying wtf did I just do. My wife told me to grow some stones and get on with it. It is meant to be.

So I guess my point is this- You know your worth. If you are worth it, grow some stones and get on with it.
Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 01:28 PM   #272
He's Mahomie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDj23 View Post
I hate my life right now.

Passed over for a promotion for the 2nd time this year. Help me.
You have a job in 2020. Consider yourself blessed.
MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 03:07 PM   #273
Would an idiot do that?

Good, relevant article from HBR... https://hbr.org/2016/06/resilience-i...how-you-endure

Quote:
Based on our current research, we have come to realize that the problem is not our hectic schedule or the plane travel itself; the problem comes from a misunderstanding of what it means to be resilient, and the resulting impact of overworking.

We often take a militaristic, “tough” approach to resilience and grit. We imagine a Marine slogging through the mud, a boxer going one more round, or a football player picking himself up off the turf for one more play. We believe that the longer we tough it out, the tougher we are, and therefore the more successful we will be. However, this entire conception is scientifically inaccurate.

The very lack of a recovery period is dramatically holding back our collective ability to be resilient and successful.

The misconception of resilience is often bred from an early age. Parents trying to teach their children resilience might celebrate a high school student staying up until 3AM to finish a science fair project. What a distortion of resilience! A resilient child is a well-rested one. When an exhausted student goes to school, he risks hurting everyone on the road with his impaired driving; he doesn’t have the cognitive resources to do well on his English test; he has lower self-control with his friends; and at home, he is moody with his parents. Overwork and exhaustion are the opposite of resilience. And the bad habits we learn when we’re young only magnify when we hit the workforce.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 08:13 AM   #274
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
I see this every day. I've passed up several gigs because I refuse to let "work" become "life".

There's a lot of people above me that make A LOT of money but they have no time to spend it, no one left to spend it with/on, and so on.

At some point one has to ask what they want out of life and what that means for work. I haven't experienced any burnout since I finally decided that work=work and nothing more.
I agree. I work like that now because I choose to. Mine is self driven and dictated to advance myself, so I can eventually reach a point where I can work less and my family is secure. Eventually retire early enough to work not at all.

If that's not what you're shooting for then it's time for some reflection because yeah, life is not work.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 01:49 PM   #275
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
I agree. I work like that now because I choose to. Mine is self driven and dictated to advance myself, so I can eventually reach a point where I can work less and my family is secure. Eventually retire early enough to work not at all.

If that's not what you're shooting for then it's time for some reflection because yeah, life is not work.
I'm almost 50. I make enough money that we can save for retirement and have some fun like vacations and such. I will probably be able to retire at 60 if all goes well. I can't ask for much more than that. I enjoy my free time and my family too much to push for more professionally.

htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 06:45 AM   #276
umm...what do I say here?

Yes burned out in 2018 took time off work saw a counselor which helped some she helped me understand depression and anxiety. I think what helped the most was the prozac they finally put me on. Tried several different drugs before that but that is what works. Still see Dr every 90 days but doing much better. Didn't hate my job had a good one but a demanding job got to where I wouldn't go in, would pretty much get sick just thinking about going to work. Finally quit and felt better immediately I now have a part time job that pays about 1/3 of what I used to make but I don't feel like shit before I have to go work. Miss the $$ but not the job and can live on what I make as we are responsible with our $$ and wife has a decent job.

I was not to proud to ask for help!! If you need help go get it as that is what Doctors are for!! If your married and your wife supports you that is a big plus!!
btlook1 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.btlook1 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.btlook1 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.btlook1 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.btlook1 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.btlook1 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.btlook1 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.btlook1 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.btlook1 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.btlook1 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.btlook1 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 08-31-2020, 07:49 PM   #277
It was not a fair catch

just took my BP 124/80

NORMAL!!!!!
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 11:27 AM   #278
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers View Post
22 years ago (youngish punk, just built a new house-as in GC not "had built for me", kids...........) I was making the guy I worked for serious bank. I was making really really good coin as well.

I told him I wanted to be a shareholder. He told me "you do what you do and I do what I do, nothing more is available right now". I got up, told him thanks (I was serious because I needed that clarification). 4 months later I took another sales guy with me, our lead operations guy and started the company we have today. We were backed by (at the time) a 90 year old company in Portland of which I am now one of the owners.

I laid in bed at night for several weeks saying wtf did I just do. My wife told me to grow some stones and get on with it. It is meant to be.

So I guess my point is this- You know your worth. If you are worth it, grow some stones and get on with it.

I love hearing success stories like this! Congrats

That's the American Dream in a nutshell.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-04-2020, 11:00 PM   #279
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

Not getting to go fishing this year has really bummed me out and I have to work extra to get my van fixed. I'm not as motivated as I was before Summer 2020. It's getting hard to want to do anything really because everything cost money to do anything. SO work work work that's all there is to do.
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-22-2021, 08:16 PM   #280
Banned

Curious if working from home, unemployment, increased employment, etc. through Covid has helped anyone's work mentality.

Last edited by eDave; 03-22-2021 at 08:21 PM..
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-22-2021, 08:19 PM   #281
In Search of a Life

WFH has been great. The time I spent in traffic hating life is now spent working out, studying and spending time with my daughter.

Sad that most companies are going back to normal office life. Those jobs will always be less desirable for me now.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-23-2021, 08:22 PM   #282
Resident Glue Sniffer

Hate hate hate my job.. unfortunately, all my experience is in a discipline I hate

Literally can’t stand anyone I work with. Medium company, family company with rampant nepotism and incompetence

Most days I wish I could just go mow lawns for a living. Hard to get a good nights rest when you dread the next day.
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2021, 08:39 PM   #283
Supporter

I don't like WFH. I have the option of doing it with a 10% pay cut. But I'm older and have lived my entire life in a social working environment and choose not to.
mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2021, 09:21 PM   #284
In my youth i pray to keep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahiMike View Post
You have a job in 2020. Consider yourself blessed.
Without saying why, I'm the happiest person in the world right now.
bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2021, 11:15 PM   #285
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayze View Post
Hate hate hate my job.. unfortunately, all my experience is in a discipline I hate

Literally can’t stand anyone I work with. Medium company, family company with rampant nepotism and incompetence

Most days I wish I could just go mow lawns for a living. Hard to get a good nights rest when you dread the next day.
Been in a similar situation when I was young and dumb.

My advice is don't put out work you can't be proud of. You can't control a ****ton of shit that affects your life. All you have is what you can control, and that's your work product. If you put out shitty work product, you'll just feel shittier about the whole thing, and you'll likely carry regret.

If you want to farm, I can get you 3000 hours. But virtually nobody wants that.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.