Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-10-2016, 09:25 AM  
MVP

Stranger Things (Netflix)...

This looks great...

unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-05-2022, 01:08 PM   #556
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
I get that. Will was like "I knew when I saw you that first night in the woods that I loved you. I love you now and I will always love you!" or some shit and I was just like.. barf!

In general, I find romantic relationships between children to be super cringy so I've never liked that part of the show.
Yea, this is the one I'm talking about. It's only 2 1/2 minutes long, but for me it felt like 10 minutes. I just kept thinking "We get it. You love her. Move on now."

Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-05-2022, 01:10 PM   #557
In Search of a Life

I may be a bit tainted because Mike & Will are two of my least favorite characters. "Mike, remember you are the heart. YOU ARE THE HEART!"
Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-05-2022, 01:42 PM   #558
Veteran

I sometimes feel that the miniseries format often stretches scenes in a way we aren't comfortable viewing. We've been conditioned by the 90 minute movie format to experience things in a fast-forwarded fashion. Exposition and character development are rushed and perfunctory. When the story is told over 10 hours we are shown a lot more character development, but not always in a well written manner. Sometimes they just say the same thing they would have said in the short format, but repeat it 4 times to fill the time of a 10 hour format.

In short: I hear what you are saying Mr. Plow.
Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 03:12 PM   #559
Supporter

It'd be epic if they all died, and discover there is an alternate world beyond the upside down that's a lot like heaven.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-05-2022, 03:14 PM   #560
Supporter

Or Dustin can wake up when he's 11 and it was all a dream.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-05-2022, 03:17 PM   #561
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois View Post
I sometimes feel that the miniseries format often stretches scenes in a way we aren't comfortable viewing. We've been conditioned by the 90 minute movie format to experience things in a fast-forwarded fashion. Exposition and character development are rushed and perfunctory. When the story is told over 10 hours we are shown a lot more character development, but not always in a well written manner. Sometimes they just say the same thing they would have said in the short format, but repeat it 4 times to fill the time of a 10 hour format.

In short: I hear what you are saying Mr. Plow.
I don't think it's how short or long these types of scenes are, more how captivating and efficient and useful.

They could have used that same extended scene to say something passionate and novel about love, or whatever they wanted to convey, and if it drew you in, you wouldn't notice the time elapsed.

My personal bugaboo in the opposite direction, has anyone gone back recently and watched the opening minutes of Con-Air? It's almost like a comic book panel, one-shot pitch of the entire backstory for whomever Nic Cage's character was

Bam - out of jail
Bam - off to honkey tonk
Bam - girlfriend
Boom - endless love
Bash - bad guy
Bam - local ruffian
Zowee - In front of the judge
Wowee - Locked back up

Like 30 seconds elapsed. . . . I'm sure it was more like 5 minutes, but still you get the point.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-05-2022, 05:44 PM   #562
Supporter

This isn’t the kind of show I typically give a second thought, and hadn’t. My kids harassed me into trying it and I’m now about halfway through season 3. It’s different and I enjoy the 80s stuff because in theory they’d have been about my age during those years.
Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-05-2022, 07:01 PM   #563
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowanian View Post
This isn’t the kind of show I typically give a second thought, and hadn’t. My kids harassed me into trying it and I’m now about halfway through season 3. It’s different and I enjoy the 80s stuff because in theory they’d have been about my age during those years.
The set designers and the people in charge of the props have done an unbelievable job recreating the mid-80's. Definitely part of what drew me in to watching.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-06-2022, 08:44 AM   #564
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
Or Dustin can wake up when he's 11 and it was all a dream.
*Wakes up with no teeth on a D&D board*
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 07-06-2022, 02:38 PM   #565
Tre Right, Three Jet Chip Wasp

Spoiler!
Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 07-06-2022, 05:59 PM   #566
Cheat Death

KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 06:02 PM   #567
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow View Post
I may be a bit tainted because Mike & Will are two of my least favorite characters. "Mike, remember you are the heart. YOU ARE THE HEART!"
Throwback 80s writing

KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 08:44 PM   #568
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
Throwback 80s writing

Don't you dare bring the Goonies into this!
Old 07-07-2022, 07:08 AM   #569
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog View Post
Spoiler!

Spoiler!
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 07-08-2022, 01:23 AM   #570
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
It'd be epic if they all died, and discover there is an alternate world beyond the upside down that's a lot like heaven.
The downside up?
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.