Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-24-2015, 02:47 PM  
Most Valuable Villain

Your yearly "Get DirecTV to discount NFL Sunday Ticket" thread

Just called in and got it for free again....plus a $10 bill credit for 12 months and a $5 bill credit for 6 months.

Didn't even have to haggle with the guy.

Anybody else tried yet?
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-19-2018, 08:15 PM   #811
In Search of a Life

I'll try a week before the season. Last year I simply called and asked "what's the best deal you can give me on Sunday Ticket?" The lady said "I am authorized to give it to you free this year". Not sure if it was a long time customer thing or just luck of the draw, but I'll try again this year. If not free or no good deal, I'm gonna hold out until week 4. Week 1 they always give you a free view and week 3 I'm watching football all day at Harrahs in KC so I'll just need to sports bar it for week 2. We'll see what they offer me week 4.
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-19-2018, 08:30 PM   #812
Settle this once and forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
She said people were calling in dropping Direct TV like a hot rock (Not just Sunday Ticket) over the kneeling situation.
What a bunch of crybabies
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-20-2018, 05:56 AM   #813
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
I talked to 4 different people on my call and 2 spoke horrible English. Like the worst I have heard from customer service in a major company EVER.

Is AT&T based in Asia now?
The first one I talked to had the "Dell India" vibe going on. I was only able to understand about every 3rd word. Thankfully the 2nd AT&T lady I talked with didn't speak with broken English.
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-20-2018, 07:11 AM   #814
I知 a Mahomo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
So I'm back on DirecTV. They only sent us one equipment return box so I called in this morning to get another return box. One full year at $58.64, free Sunday ticket, and a $300 Visa gift card.

So it did work huh?
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-20-2018, 07:12 AM   #815
I知 a Mahomo!

Quote:
I never got one, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

I知 still waiting.
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-20-2018, 09:27 AM   #816
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
So I'm back on DirecTV. They only sent us one equipment return box so I called in this morning to get another return box. One full year at $58.64, free Sunday ticket, and a $300 Visa gift card.
Here's hoping I get that when I call to cancel on the 31st.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-31-2018, 01:30 PM   #817
Most Valuable Villain

Called in and cancelled today. Got some bullshit offer of $36 a month for Sunday Ticket. Good riddance.
Old 08-31-2018, 11:25 PM   #818
Just a li'l Evel

Last year I paid $299 for Sunday Ticket to stream to my PS4 (No DIRECTV subscription) And got my first of four auto-renew hits to my credit card for $74 last week.

I cancelled it.

There's like 5 National broadcast games plus the two Raiders/Chiefs games AND a Chiefs/49ers game on TV here in NorCal. That's 8 of the 16 games. The rest I can go to a sports bar or watch the Reddit streams you guys talk about. Hope it works because..

When the game is on, the second the shit stops working I would suddenly pay $300 to have the game on.
TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-01-2018, 04:37 PM   #819
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Soooooooo, I got my Direct TV bill today and NFL Sunday ticket was still on it. I called in and cancelled it yet again. What a Mickey Mouse, fly by night outfit.
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-03-2018, 04:46 PM   #820
Supporter

Quote:
WOW!!! I got a deal but nothing like that. Maybe I should have read your post before I called.

Looked at my bill on line and it was $195.++ ... Called and finally got to retention ... when she came on the phone line she asked for my info ... the same info I had given the first gal and I mention something about "what a rinkey-dink organization DTV has become since AT&T took over" and mentioned the repeating the request for my into ... she mumbled something ... told her my bill was way too high and that I have Comcast cable in my house because their cable is cheaper if I have basic cable ... don't have it hooked up but will be easy to switch and a lot cheaper than $195 a month ... and told her the main reason I have DTV was/is Sunday Ticket and if I cancel it then I may as well switch ... she tried to appease me by asking about out TV interest so she could appease me with other programing ... which we have none ... so she puts me on hold ... comes backs and ... cuts $12.25 off of the ticket ... gives me $55.00 a month credit or discount on my bill for the next year ... no contract.

And as someone said above ... the $12.25 off the Ticket is $36 a month
Manila-Chief is not part of the Right 53.Manila-Chief is not part of the Right 53.Manila-Chief is not part of the Right 53.Manila-Chief is not part of the Right 53.Manila-Chief is not part of the Right 53.Manila-Chief is not part of the Right 53.Manila-Chief is not part of the Right 53.Manila-Chief is not part of the Right 53.Manila-Chief is not part of the Right 53.Manila-Chief is not part of the Right 53.Manila-Chief is not part of the Right 53.
Old 09-03-2018, 05:09 PM   #821
I知 a Mahomo!

AT&T doesn稚 like giving it free.
Old 09-04-2018, 07:55 AM   #822
Cast Iron Jedi

My god.

I called in this morning because I hadn't heard anything in email or otherwise about my $300 gift card. Initial CSR could only find $100 pending, and since I told them without the $300 offered I wasn't interested in continuing service, he said he needed to send me to the retention department.

After a half hour of her talking to me and the rewards center, they finally got it squared away, and I should be getting my $300 by the end of the month.

AND THEN, she said because of the misinformation I'd been given and the hassle, she could offer me another $50 off per month for a year, taking my total bill down to $16.

With that $300 gift card, AT&T is paying me to be a Directv customer.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 07:58 AM   #823
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
My god.

I called in this morning because I hadn't heard anything in email or otherwise about my $300 gift card. Initial CSR could only find $100 pending, and since I told them without the $300 offered I wasn't interested in continuing service, he said he needed to send me to the retention department.

After a half hour of her talking to me and the rewards center, they finally got it squared away, and I should be getting my $300 by the end of the month.

AND THEN, she said because of the misinformation I'd been given and the hassle, she could offer me another $50 off per month for a year, taking my total bill down to $16.

Nice.

They aren稚 even sending me a box. I知 just supposed to put my equipment in a bag and take it down to the local UPS store. They値l box it up for me there and ship it back to the DTV.

Been with DTV for 13 years and they didn稚 offer me dick to stay.
Old 09-04-2018, 05:56 PM   #824
I知 a Mahomo!

Quote:
My god.

WTF? I didn't even get a call.

Congrats!
Old 09-04-2018, 09:18 PM   #825
Sometimes it's black and white

So I finally got around to trying the college student sign up.

It was an existing account that was used last year. But all they required was the student name, the school name (University of CA), date of birth, and the previously used gmail email account/password in order to check eligibility. Another intern who graduated this spring tried, and was denied, so they actually appear to be checking something against University records.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.