Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-24-2015, 02:47 PM  
Most Valuable Villain

Your yearly "Get DirecTV to discount NFL Sunday Ticket" thread

Just called in and got it for free again....plus a $10 bill credit for 12 months and a $5 bill credit for 6 months.

Didn't even have to haggle with the guy.

Anybody else tried yet?
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-11-2015, 06:22 PM   #211
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv View Post
they didnt ask for one. I used fake address, put in my visa info and that was it, success. When i talked to the CS guy to use my regular dtv account he told me he couldnt do it that way, if i was a new account i could. I told him, so if i call ba kcon another phone with a fresh account i can do this? he goes, well yeah, i dont see why not. I was like this is stupid, but ok.
That's pretty ****ing genius!

lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-11-2015, 06:25 PM   #212
Supporter

I used hola unblocker to route my IP and purchased gamepass through the Netherlands.
mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-11-2015, 06:34 PM   #213
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv View Post
Ok, this is how i got sunday ticket without direct tv.

First off, i went to craigslist and looked for empty apartment listings. I used that address with my name and i was accepted because it's an apartment. Then it just let me sign up using a completely different account. I used my mom's cellphone as mines already in their database! lol

Bam, sundayticket on my ps4. i had to pay 250 for it, but it beats not having to have direct tv service! Anyways, im ready for sunday now.
That's pretty genius
Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 09-11-2015, 06:36 PM   #214
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan View Post
I was eligible last year and did it on my Xbox one. I just moved to an area that wasn't eligible. I was going to keep my billing address the same until I ordered the package again, but I received a notice that my card had been compromised in July, so I had to change it to have my card delivered.

I now know that was unnecessary.
All possible because At and T now owns Direct TV. they were so ****ing stubborn, but ATT said **** it, this will just net us more cash. All good now like i said. just use an empty apartment you find on craigslist use that address and it will accept it so you are clear to get Sunday ticket without having direct TV.> This is great for me. Ill probably never get direct tv every again because it was me just throwing money away.
kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.
Old 09-11-2015, 06:36 PM   #215
Banned

I have the max on my one using a student email from a co-worker ... $100 for the season. Happy
Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 09-11-2015, 06:40 PM   #216
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 View Post
I have the max on my one using a student email from a co-worker ... $100 for the season. Happy
Nice. Of course my college isn't on the list.
mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-11-2015, 09:40 PM   #217
In Search of a Life

Quote:
i dont know anyone in college or i would have used that. damn it for being old! haha
kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.
Old 09-12-2015, 08:36 AM   #218
Rookie

Worth a phone call for sure. I called in this morning to see what they could do for me, keep in mind I've only been a customer since 2012. I simlpy explained to them now that the NFL is back I've seen a huge jump in my bill. Told them I'm having a hard time affording my bill and was considering moving to dish as my bill would be cheaper even with the ETF. The only reason I was with them was Sunday Ticket. The rep on the phone said he would see what he could do. Five minutes later he came back and offered $10 off my bill for 12 months plus free Sunday Ticket for the season. I accepted and they even credited my bill $252.
milehighkcfan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.milehighkcfan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.milehighkcfan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.milehighkcfan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.milehighkcfan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.milehighkcfan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.milehighkcfan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.milehighkcfan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 09-12-2015, 12:13 PM   #219
Supporter

I got hosed.

I called and spoke to three different reps and the best they could do was give me the Sunday Ticket Max for $167.00 dollars. I've been a customer since 2003, so this sucks.

Last year, not only did I get Sunday Ticket for free, they also gave me a $200 Visa gift card.

In a couple of years, when my kids are older, I'm dumping DTV and heading down to sports bars in Hollywood to watch the games. **** them.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-12-2015, 12:15 PM   #220
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
I got hosed.

I called and spoke to three different reps and the best they could do was give me the Sunday Ticket Max for $167.00 dollars. I've been a customer since 2003, so this sucks.

Last year, not only did I get Sunday Ticket for free, they also gave me a $200 Visa gift card.

In a couple of years, when my kids are older, I'm dumping DTV and heading down to sports bars in Hollywood to watch the games. **** them.
In some cases, that's the cause to your effect. They note big discounts and have a formula that lets them know how much they can give you each time you call. If you've been paying a shit ton of money, your discounts will be bigger, while if you've gotten a lot of recent discounts, they might not offer you as much.

It's certainly not a direct relationship, but I've seen reps on reddit describe that as being at least part of the formula.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-12-2015, 12:16 PM   #221
Banned

well last year they gave you $200 and free ticket ... I realize some people seem to have the magic touch every year but did you expect another $200 Visa card? Maybe $300 this year?
Old 09-12-2015, 12:18 PM   #222
Banned

I pay $40 / month for Internet.

I have parlayed that connection into free HBO, Showtime, WWE Network, Netflix, ESPN (and all ESPN networks) while paying $25/month for MLB.TV and $25/month for Sunday Ticket.

I have access to more god damn cable / premium TV than I did when I had cable.

The only thing I can't do is watch Cubs, Sox, Cardinals, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears games (local cable sports). As a KC fan, that's ok ... but I do miss watching Bulls/Cubs
Old 09-12-2015, 12:19 PM   #223
Kind of a mod

Quote:
I pay $40 / month for Internet.

I have parlayed that connection into free HBO, Showtime, WWE Network, Netflix, ESPN (and all ESPN networks) while paying $25/month for MLB.TV and $25/month for Sunday Ticket.

I have access to more god damn cable / premium TV than I did when I had cable.

The only thing I can't do is watch Cubs, Sox, Cardinals, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears games (local cable sports). As a KC fan, that's ok ... but I do miss watching Bulls/Cubs
Check out adfreetime. $2/month gets you around blackouts.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-12-2015, 12:19 PM   #224
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
In some cases, that's the cause to your effect. They note big discounts and have a formula that lets them know how much they can give you each time you call. If you've been paying a shit ton of money, your discounts will be bigger, while if you've gotten a lot of recent discounts, they might not offer you as much.

It's certainly not a directly relationship, but I've seen reps on reddit describe that as being at least part of the formula.
I figured as much, especially since I only paid $100 dollars for the MLB package this year.

But still, it's such a PITA to call them and sit on the phone every six months in order to get discounts. My bill jumped from $172 to $212 today and it took three reps to get it back to $172. I just don't understand why they don't just take care of their customers, especially people like me that have been with them for more than a decade, by automatically applying whatever discounts their offering.

The savings are definitely worth the 90 minutes I spent on the phone but it's pretty lame that it's required to go through those motions at least twice a year.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-12-2015, 12:20 PM   #225
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Check out adfreetime. $2/month gets you around blackouts.
Can I do that on my Xbox One? I do all of the aforementioned directly through my One.