Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-27-2017, 07:19 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****

IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!

Last edited by Dante84; 05-17-2017 at 09:40 AM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-09-2019, 02:05 PM   #25891
It's just a ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Pat used some Alex Smith type plays in this game and that’s why we were moving the ball down the field.

Most of that 5/5 at the LOS was Pat not seeing anything down field and checking it down to get more YAC.

He wasn’t doing that last year as he was looking to go deep a lot of the time. The kid has grown a ton and it showed.
x100. A lot of fans have been riding Mahomes ass after this performance and I truly don't get why. Football is way more complex than a ****ing stat sheet. Patriots pooled a lot of their resources on taking away the deep ball and bringing pressure.

Granted Pat didn't have the best game but he showed about a million times more growth compared to last year. Remember the Rams game where he just started chucking it deep out of desperation? He's really shown a lot of self-control and willingness to mold his game based off what the defense is giving him. Props to him, and he's only going to get better.
Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 12-09-2019, 02:06 PM   #25892
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superturtle View Post
Eh, Alex had that one game where he destroyed all of Foxboros hopes and dreams of a perfect season while gate-crashing their banner raising.
And he would not have done that last night.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-10-2019, 12:17 PM   #25893
I'll be back.

Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-10-2019, 07:32 PM   #25894
The Boom Boom Room

Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-10-2019, 09:52 PM   #25895
Special Teams ACE!!!

Gridiron Heights often isn't that funny. They hit on like one or two jokes per video and the rest of them are just weird forced cultural references and poorly timed lines that don't get enough room or time to breathe.

Like that last line by Lamar. I can't even tell what the **** he's saying. It's mumbled and spoken too quickly. And that's the final joke. Like, it should be a zinger. Or at least it should be an understandable punchline. But I don't even know what the **** he's saying.

And the Mahomes voice thing is funny. The Gronk thing is funny. But then you take a guy like Jackson, and it would be hilarious to give him some slowpoke-type of Southern drawl that he actually speaks with. Instead he's some buttoned up west coast white yuppie. WTF?
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 09:57 PM   #25896
Future NBA Finals MVP

Joe Burrows, the future #1 pick, is only one year younger than Mahomes...who is already in his third year.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-12-2019, 02:20 PM   #25897
The Boom Boom Room

Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-12-2019, 02:32 PM   #25898
In Search of a Life

I remember saying a while back that Mahomes isn't always going to be able to throw dimes off-platform and needs to work on making more throws from the pocket and general fundamentals. To which I was attacked by many for even thinking that GOD himself could be fallible.

FWIW - I also said I had total faith in him doing what he needs to do to tighten up his game. But I had a feeling there might be a bit of a slump when the back-foot stuff stops working. Love to hear him own up to it and go out of his way to praise the O-line, which has been shaky, but definitely some of it is on Mahomes for not stepping up into a clean pocket.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-12-2019, 02:40 PM   #25899
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
I remember saying a while back that Mahomes isn't always going to be able to throw dimes off-platform and needs to work on making more throws from the pocket and general fundamentals. To which I was attacked by many for even thinking that GOD himself could be fallible.

FWIW - I also said I had total faith in him doing what he needs to do to tighten up his game. But I had a feeling there might be a bit of a slump when the back-foot stuff stops working.
But he's been fine from the pocket. His fundamentals are miles better than they were last year. For whatever reason he's regressed a ton throwing off platform.

I still think mahomes' biggest issue is that teams loaded up on defense to stop the spread. Its not a coincidence that NE and KC were by a mile the two teams to beat and now all of a sudden each looks a little off with absolutely no running game. I don't expect that to last. We'll adjust and defenses will have to get better stopping the run.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-12-2019, 03:07 PM   #25900
In Search of a Life

Mahomes is being generous praising the shitty O-line. It is a true leader to not make excuses due to a crappy Mexican field, playing in a windstorm and trying to throw against the best secondary in the NFL with a bruised hand.
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 06:09 PM   #25901
WhatUneed2Hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcan View Post
Mahomes is being generous praising the shitty O-line. It is a true leader to not make excuses due to a crappy Mexican field, playing in a windstorm and trying to throw against the best secondary in the NFL with a bruised hand.
All very solid points and I couldn't agree more. As usual the refs are doing as little as possible to protect him.
Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-12-2019, 08:42 PM   #25902
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
But he's been fine from the pocket. His fundamentals are miles better than they were last year. For whatever reason he's regressed a ton throwing off platform.
Because it's hard to be consistently accurate off-platform. Some are better than others at it obviously. And every now and then a QB can get into a zone. But at least up until now in the NFL - no one can consistently drop it on a dime 30 yards downfield from their back foot.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-12-2019, 09:07 PM   #25903
Starter

Quote:

FWIW - I also said I had total faith in him doing what he needs to do to tighten up his game. But I had a feeling there might be a bit of a slump when the back-foot stuff stops working. Love to hear him own up to it and go out of his way to praise the O-line, which has been shaky, but definitely some of it is on Mahomes for not stepping up into a clean pocket.
This is true. Reiter/wylie suck but there are times where mahomes should step in the pocket and buy an extra second to either find wr or throw it away or run but instead he has fallen in love with that bullshit backpedaling which almost never results in anything good. Don't get me wrong- he's still one of the best in the league but the great ones work the pocket better and mahomes himself worked the pocket better last year. Hopefully he figures it out bc he will be unstoppable if he does.
Lilmrp117 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLilmrp117 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLilmrp117 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLilmrp117 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLilmrp117 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLilmrp117 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLilmrp117 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLilmrp117 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLilmrp117 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLilmrp117 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLilmrp117 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 12-12-2019, 09:18 PM   #25904
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Because it's hard to be consistently accurate off-platform. Some are better than others at it obviously. And every now and then a QB can get into a zone. But at least up until now in the NFL - no one can consistently drop it on a dime 30 yards downfield from their back foot.
But it's gone from 100 to 0 in an instant. Again, not saying I want him to be a highlight reel player. But just compare this year's vs last. But he was having a ton of success last year freelancing. And he really doesn't do much of it anymore. Maybe that's a good thing. I'm just saying it's not really there and it's hard to explain why. Unless maybe he's just had a unique string of injuries and circumstances where he just hasn't been able to.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-12-2019, 09:22 PM   #25905
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
But it's gone from 100 to 0 in an instant. Again, not saying I want him to be a highlight reel player. But just compare this year's vs last. But he was having a ton of success last year freelancing. And he really doesn't do much of it anymore. Maybe that's a good thing. I'm just saying it's not really there and it's hard to explain why. Unless maybe he's just had a unique string of injuries and circumstances where he just hasn't been able to.
It's not hard to explain. INJURIES.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.