Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-27-2017, 07:19 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****

IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!

Last edited by Dante84; 05-17-2017 at 09:40 AM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-01-2019, 03:27 PM   #25141
I’m a Mahomo!

https://youtu.be/4gdi_izi_uI

Last edited by KChiefs1; 10-01-2019 at 03:28 PM.. Reason: Error
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-01-2019, 03:48 PM   #25142
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 04:31 PM   #25143
Just a li'l Evel

Channeling Pat Mahomes with the grenade toss.

TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-01-2019, 04:59 PM   #25144
I'll be back.

Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-01-2019, 09:36 PM   #25145
Forever Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
What exactly was wrong with the route and where do we see that? By the time Mahomes throws the ball doesn't he have a decent bead on where the receiver is going?

Or is everyone just saying he rounded it off because otherwise Mahomes didn't make a perfect throw and our world doesn't make sense anymore?

I agree it took a near dime because Hardman was pretty well covered. And it's not that clear if Mahomes could have stepped up, so sure the analysis could be flawed there. But I think this forum just reflexively assumes every Mahomes pass was thrown perfectly and it MUST be the receiver's fault in all cases.

There's nothing wrong with off-platform when you have to. And obviously Mahomes is insane at it. But it's still going to be harder to be accurate. You cannot expect to flick it like that and land on a dime 30 yards downfield every time. It's beautiful when it happens. But it's going to miss a lot imo.

On that particular play the only reason the ball is remotely near Hardman is because of the off platform throw he is able to make. Given the pressure presented that was a ridiculous throw and not one that would warrant any sort of criticism of inaccuracy due to mechanics because those mechanics allowed for it to be a near completion. Assuming Hardman keeps the expected line Mahomes is still probably the only guy getting the ball near there at all because it was such a difficult pass to attempt. If he steps up and throws later that window was closed so he had to try at that point and likely thought it was completed when it left his hand.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 10-01-2019, 09:49 PM   #25146
In Search of a Life

I'm not criticizing Mahomes. I was just pointing out how hard that throw was and my doubts that it was all Hardman's fault.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-01-2019, 10:00 PM   #25147
testing ... 1, 2, 3

Some combination of 3 possible things were happening last Sunday.

Either the receivers were running soft routes, or Mahomes was "off", or the damn Lions defense was playing out of their minds.

I've reviewed the tape (scanned, actually ... not a true analysis) and I can't tell which is which.

All I know is that we should have run a lot more screens in that game. The man coverage combined with dropping a DE into coverage was a gift that we didn't accept. That's on Wally. If we had leaned on the screen game early and often, it would have put an end to that crap in a hurry.

FAX
FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-02-2019, 01:16 AM   #25148
Supporter

Quote:

I know Mahomes is God. But even God is going to struggle to be accurate consistently when throwing it like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
The 'context' of that throw was that if he steps and delivers it, he opens up his chest for a shoulder right between the 1 and the 5 and gets driven into the ground like a tackling dummy.

You can see him trying to protect himself while making the throw. And had Hardman not been sloppy with his cut, he's right where he's supposed to be.
Yeah, it's hogshit. He's getting crushed. He did what he needed to do to get it out. And it was remarkably close for what it was.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-02-2019, 01:22 AM   #25149
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAX View Post
Some combination of 3 possible things were happening last Sunday.

Either the receivers were running soft routes, or Mahomes was "off", or the damn Lions defense was playing out of their minds.

I've reviewed the tape (scanned, actually ... not a true analysis) and I can't tell which is which.

All I know is that we should have run a lot more screens in that game. The man coverage combined with dropping a DE into coverage was a gift that we didn't accept. That's on Wally. If we had leaned on the screen game early and often, it would have put an end to that crap in a hurry.

FAX
In the first half Andy Reid did very little to give the Lions pass rush a reason to slow down. He kept calling intermediate or deep routes, when it seemed like quick crosses and screens would perfectly take advantage of how aggressive the Lions were going after Mahomes.

If we had a few big gains on those plays, then anytime we lined up in a similar formation, the defense may have been a little more hesitant. I know thats just basic football stuff, and Andy usually does just that, but he didn't in the first half. It was frustrating watching Mahomes get hit so much.

However, I see why Detroit doesn't blitz very often, because they don't need to. I felt like that was the best defensive line we have played in a while. And our offensive line picked a bad time to have a bad game. There were a couple of times when they only rushed 3 but still got near Mahomes, forcing him to move or make a quick throw.

Watching the all-22, Detroit had some clever delayed blitzes. They ran one I loved, where they rushed 3, dropped a DE back in coverage, along with the linebackers, but after a pause the linebackers blitzed and that side of the line had already rotated because they initially didn't have anyone to block.

It didn't work, but that because of Mahomes. But it almost DID. And it was better designed and executed than anything our defense did all day, with the exception of that Honey Badger blitz that got home.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 10-02-2019, 02:23 AM   #25150
The Boom Boom Room

https://youtu.be/qUuyLzgZICI?t=2m27s
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-02-2019, 04:51 AM   #25151
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic View Post
In the first half Andy Reid did very little to give the Lions pass rush a reason to slow down. He kept calling intermediate or deep routes, when it seemed like quick crosses and screens would perfectly take advantage of how aggressive the Lions were going after Mahomes.

If we had a few big gains on those plays, then anytime we lined up in a similar formation, the defense may have been a little more hesitant. I know thats just basic football stuff, and Andy usually does just that, but he didn't in the first half. It was frustrating watching Mahomes get hit so much.

However, I see why Detroit doesn't blitz very often, because they don't need to. I felt like that was the best defensive line we have played in a while. And our offensive line picked a bad time to have a bad game. There were a couple of times when they only rushed 3 but still got near Mahomes, forcing him to move or make a quick throw.

Watching the all-22, Detroit had some clever delayed blitzes. They ran one I loved, where they rushed 3, dropped a DE back in coverage, along with the linebackers, but after a pause the linebackers blitzed and that side of the line had already rotated because they initially didn't have anyone to block.

It didn't work, but that because of Mahomes. But it almost DID. And it was better designed and executed than anything our defense did all day, with the exception of that Honey Badger blitz that got home.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
So more tape for our young QB to learn from going forward. Tape from a game we won as well! Man we are living the dream!
Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 10-02-2019, 07:17 AM   #25152
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:

I know Mahomes is God. But even God is going to struggle to be accurate consistently when throwing it like this.

Keitzman agrees.
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-02-2019, 09:54 AM   #25153
The Boom Boom Room

Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-02-2019, 10:34 AM   #25154
In Search of a Life

Shannon has been invited into the ChiefsKingdom
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 10-02-2019, 11:30 AM   #25155
CP'S "MOST HATED" 😆

Just reflecting on Sunday's game and tbh I think it was the best thing that could have happened to Pat, and by extension this offense. We all know when our offense gets going and Pat starts flinging it down the field it can be incredible to watch. But the trully great QB's like Brady, Breese, Montana have been surgical in how they were/are able to dissect defenses throw by throw and move down the field in a methodical way. And I think Sunday's game was HUGE educational experience for Pat because he's now demonstrated that he can actually do it In a high pressure environment. I know he's done it against Denver and the Ravens last season already, but the more games he has like this, the better he all-round game will become imo.
UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.