Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-24-2017, 07:06 AM  
Andy Reid Supporter

Clark Hunt, Brett Veach & Andy Reid press conference

Clark Hunt-10:30 AM
Brett Veach-11 AM
Andy Reid-3 PM

This should be entertaining..
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2017, 08:34 AM   #436
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo View Post
I'm out of ****s to give about John Dorsey, thank you for the Mahomes II deal and all the good Chiefs you drafted, but I'm moving on & this is Veach time in the saddle now.
Sheep! Lemming! Any other conspiracy nutjob buzzword!!
raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-27-2017, 10:11 AM   #437
Supporter

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/07/27/ho...son-tom-savage

4. Why Brett Veach in Kansas City? The Chiefs finally introduced their internal GM hire this week, ushering in the man most (rightly) believed was the front-runner for the job from the start and closing the book on a strange month for the team. Without question, Veach’s relationship with coach Andy Reid, and his experience evaluating players to fit Reid’s programs both in K.C. and Philly, were a big part of this. But one interesting aspect of the process was raised to me this week—Veach had to overcome that too, when he interviewed with CEO Clark Hunt. We’ve seen these go the other way in the past, where a fait accompli internal hire winds up losing out on the post, and most often it’s because the team knows the person too well.

What does that mean? Well, if you know someone intimately as a lieutenant, it can be hard to envision that person as a general, moreso than it might be to have that same vision for a guy you’re meeting for the first time and is presenting himself as an executive. Veach had to get Hunt to see him in a different light, and he was able to display that, as one Chiefs staffer said, “he could button up and be the guy.”

As for what Veach brings to the table, outside of his familiarity with Reid, his passion for football was one plus, as Hunt saw it. Another was how Veach saw players. There is a group of four college players, in fact, that Veach raised in meetings over the last couple years a season ahead of their draft years, before they were on many NFL radars. And each of those four guys wound up hitting. That showed those there that he could see potential early in guys, which should serve him in putting a roster together. When I asked Colts GM Chris Ballard, who worked with Veach the past four years, about him earlier this week, Ballard affirmed all that to me: “Love Veach. Relentless worker, very good eye for talent. I believe in him.”

There are challenges here, of course. The first one, and this goes for a lot of guys who came up as road scouts (Veach did, as did his predecessor John Dorsey), will be managing people in the office on a day-to-day basis. The second one, which every new GM faces, is the learning curve in actually being the triggerman. And yes, this is the way most saw it playing out. But that doesn’t mean there isn’t reason to believe that it was simply the right way to go from the start.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2017, 10:28 AM   #438
In Search of a Life

Wow, I would love to hear who those 4 prospects were.

We might not skip a beat with Veach as hard as that is to imagine.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2017, 10:31 AM   #439
Andy Reid Supporter

Wow that line about the 4 players should give all of us major confidence. I wonder who those 4 players are?
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2017, 10:56 AM   #440
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messier View Post
Dorsey was excellent at finding hidden gems. He excelled in the later rounds and on the waiver wire. He's an incredible scout. But you have to admit he was lacking in contract negotiations, and in management. He was far from perfect. I don't think that's why he was fired. I don't know why he was fired, but there were several situations he mishandled. Did the good outweigh the bad? Yes, I think so, and on job performance (that the fans know about) he should still be the GM. So I'm going with there's more to the story.
I don't think Dorsey was perfect but his strengths were more important than his weaknesses. He was a first-time GM, it's not strange that he was better at the Player Personnel aspect of the position. He will get better at the CEO part of the job like structuring contracts and anticipating when to sign players. Hunt should have tried to help Dorsey, not fire him. I still strongly believe that Reid wanting more power was the real reason he was fired. I hope that Veach has a really good eye for talent or we are so screwed.
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-27-2017, 11:28 AM   #441
Supporter

I would be cool to learn the names of those 4 players but just the fact that it happened is enough for me.

I don't think they'll skip a beat under Veach and hopefully, the cap management is much better.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2017, 11:34 AM   #442
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

During Veach's press conference, someone asked about managing the cap and asked if it would be a strength for him.... he immediately stated that his major strength is player evaluation, specifically for the draft.

It made me wonder. If the guy has enough confidence to say that without thinking twice, what has he done within the building that we may not realize?
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2017, 11:44 AM   #443
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeF View Post
Hunt should have tried to help Dorsey, not fire him. I still strongly believe that Reid wanting more power was the real reason he was fired.
Any reasonable owner would have worked through the differences...taking a 2-14 trainwreck and building into a 12-4 team with arguably the best roster in the league SHOULD buy you that clout. I cant see any other team in the NFL firing their 12-4 GM...I cant think of any HC with the power to get a successful GM fired either. Could Harbaugh get Ozzie fired over cutting his pet players?

There hasn't been one roster move that wasn't justified...Maclin doesn't get to take seasons off/under-perform when he's being paid $12.4 million. Berry doesn't just get a huge contract on blind faith that he'll fully recover. Their individual butthurt is secondary to the overall team success/longevity. You make tough choices as a GM. Reid may have his happy family locker-room but still has never won a SB...in SEVENTEEN years of being a HC.

Whatever...

Last edited by BlackOp; 07-27-2017 at 12:36 PM..
BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2017, 12:14 PM   #444
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
During Veach's press conference, someone asked about managing the cap and asked if it would be a strength for him.... he immediately stated that his major strength is player evaluation, specifically for the draft.

It made me wonder. If the guy has enough confidence to say that without thinking twice, what has he done within the building that we may not realize?
Like any good manager, Veach should play to his strengths and staff his weaknesses. The mere fact that he acknowledges what he doesn't know is a good sign.
raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-27-2017, 12:24 PM   #445
Beyond the Rapids

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOp View Post
No roll....my take away from this bureaucratic tug-of-war is Reid is a liar/ego maniac and just forced out the best GM KC has seen in my lifetime...and CHunt is a spineless turd who just gave the keys to his inherited franchise to his surrogate father figure. I haven't said anything negative about Reid (since he came here) until this went down...but I've realized, I dont really like him. Creepy-ass Mormon phony...always trying to act oblivious/ignorant to internal goings-on..."That's Dorse..I dont mess with that". Yeah right...
I don't think any of the "Reid had nothing to do with it" stuff adds up, at all. Obviously, Hunt would have spoken to Reid and Reid would have agreed that Dorsey should be pushed out. Hunt isn't going to do that without talking to Reid.

Whether it originated from Reid, wholly or in part, no one is ever going to say, but it's pretty clear that Reid is the owner's guy and is calling the shots, not anyone else.

Quote:
This whole scenario makes me appreciate Belichick and his system that much more....there wouldn't be any hurt "feels" over cutting a 12.4 million, 2 td WR. They are in the business of winning championships...Reid has a happy, "feel good" locker-room that chokes when the lights are on.
Exactly.

The teams that win Super Bowls aren't doing this.

They hire the right GM. They keep him for 10, 15 years or longer. Ownership lets him run the team. He hires the right head coaches. They rarely change head coaches. There is competence, stability, and continuity.

(4 GMs in Clark's tenure - more than half the general managers in Chiefs' 57-year history have worked for Clark in the last 10 years.)
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2017, 12:25 PM   #446
Beyond the Rapids

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo View Post
Clark is proving he is not doing it his fathers way of just letting the team exist however it does. He is putting his stamp on it. He maybe loyal to Andy Reid because he believes in Andy Reid but he is first loyal to the Chiefs and this is where the GM has to be exactly what Clark is looking for.
Being more hands-on than Lamar is a good thing, but only if you are competent. If you continually hire and fire the wrong people, you're not better off.
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2017, 12:47 PM   #447
MVP

The only positive is I think Brady/Big Ben start to fall off this year...or next. There arent really any dominant QBs in the ACF when they do. Dorsey left them with a young, talented roster and a new QB...so there's that.

Elway will sign Smith and will finally get his SB....because, you know, Chiefs.
BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2017, 12:50 PM   #448
In Search of a Life

Oh look a great piece that further explains why Clark went with Veach and the conspiracy theorists ignore it and continue to talk their baseless bullshit.

staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2017, 12:53 PM   #449
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Oh look a great piece that further explains why Clark went with Veach and the conspiracy theorists ignore it and continue to talk their baseless bullshit.

I trust SI about as much as I do NFL Network...What would you expect Ballard to say "He's not ready and will probably fail"?

It doesn't address the issue we're talking about...and that's how it even got to the point the where KC was looking for a new GM
Old 07-27-2017, 01:10 PM   #450
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOp View Post
I trust SI about as much as I do NFL Network...What would you expect Ballard to say "He's not ready and will probably fail"?

It doesn't address the issue we're talking about...and that's how it even got to the point the where KC was looking for a new GM
You guys think Veach is a yes-man for Reid and it's simply not true. That's the basis of your bitching, and you're clearly ****ing wrong.