Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-24-2017, 07:06 AM  
Andy Reid Supporter

Clark Hunt, Brett Veach & Andy Reid press conference

Clark Hunt-10:30 AM
Brett Veach-11 AM
Andy Reid-3 PM

This should be entertaining..
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-26-2017, 01:01 PM   #406
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
Who cares? We hired a guy. We interviewed a bunch of candidates from outside the organization, too. Why the hell would they have interviewed if they didn't want the job?

Clark said Veach has the same "final say" that John Dorsey did. Andy has said he just wants to coach.

Not everything in the NFL has to be a goddamn conspiracy theory.
I think that all Chiefs' fans should care about whether our current GM got the job because he's the best candidate versus the only candidate who would take a partial GM position. Most candidates will interview for a job because it gets their name out there even if they aren't really going to get the job. That's the concept for the Rooney Rule, get name exposure so that you get another job later on.

Apparently, Dorsey didn't have much of a final say because he got fired for making moves without approval. It doesn't have to be a conspiracy for an organization to keep the real reasons for moves in-house. The power structure started out with Hunt followed by Dorsey/Reid on the same level. No way it's still that way, it's now Hunt ---> Reid ---> Veach.

Very little doubt in my mind that Reid played some part in Dorsey getting fired. If Hunt didn't like Dorsey then it shouldn't have been a last minute decision so why not make the move earlier and keep Ballard? No, the timetable indicates that Reid's contract extension initiated Dorsey's demise.

Just an opinion, but I believe that Reid wants control of the team and Dorsey got fired because of it. Once a person gets a taste for power they rarely want to give it up afterward. Reid had all the power in Philly and even though he doesn't have the title here he has the power again. Veach will take care of the day-to-day issues and scouting but when it comes time to the real decisions Reid will tell Veach what he wants to be done.
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-26-2017, 01:16 PM   #407
Supporter

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/w...es-in-the-nfl/

Why old-school 'super-scout' GMs are an endangered species in the NFL

We can all agree this is a copycat league, and all of a sudden it seems increasingly clear that old-school GMs, the gruff, film-driven scouts who were in vogue not too long ago, are no longer as attractive. These are the GMs who logged extensive years on the road viewing players but have less polish and panache and aren't as adept at communicating with co-workers or dealing with the media as they are breaking down tape.

Instead, owners seem to be gravitating to a style they find more CEO-like, more akin to the appearance and characteristics they'd seek for leaders of their non-football business. These are the more face-of-the-franchise type GMs who serve to meld football operations with the business side and who can speak the language of the business world. They are more analytical, and can serve to find consensus among the team's scouts but don't have to be primarily a "super scout" themselves. The demeanor of some of those recently let go seems to be out of favor.

"These owners want to have a guy leading football operations who they can relate to," said a high-ranking executive from one successful franchise who agrees that the archetype seems to be changing. "They want someone who looks the part and is comfortable interacting with every department in the building. They want someone who looks like they came from the corporate world and who can speak their language and who is willing to meet sponsors and help on the business side. They want someone who is smooth with the agents and has more of a background in negotiating and the cap. They want a personality that isn't too volatile and doesn't make waves with the players or the media. I'm telling you, things are changing. I'm not saying it's for the better, but look at who has been let go this year."

"They don't want a road scout as their GM," the executive opined. "I really think those days are over. That blue-collar guy who spent all of his time looking at players and eating at Applebee's or Chili's or whatever -- who had his spots in each college town to eat or drink and that's what they talk about. That's not what they're looking at anymore. That's not what they relate to."
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-26-2017, 01:37 PM   #408
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
"They want someone who looks the part"
Gross, fake...and shallow.

NFL is going to eat itself...
BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-26-2017, 02:02 PM   #409
In Search of a Life

Freudian slip by Hunt today when asked about Kap:

“But, generally, I’m not going to tell our head coach or our GM not to bring in a player if they think that player can bring us some success on the field and make us better. "
Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-26-2017, 02:07 PM   #410
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 View Post

“But, generally, I’m not going to tell our head coach or our GM not to bring in a player if they think that player can bring us some success on the field and make us better. "
they all work together.

I don't think many team's gms are just out Willy nilly signing players without at least consulting the coach first.
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-26-2017, 02:38 PM   #411
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 View Post

Reid obviously has a lot of say in who his QB's will be.

Is this really that hard to understand?
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-26-2017, 03:11 PM   #412
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Reid obviously has a lot of say in who his QB's will be.

Is this really that hard to understand?

"Andy, I think we should trade for Brock Osweiler."

"Uh, no. That'd be a bad idea."

"Well too bad because that's what I did! I gave them Chris Jones in exchange. Now go out there and coach, big guy!"
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-26-2017, 03:57 PM   #413
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
"Andy, I think we should trade for Brock Osweiler."

"Uh, no. That'd be a bad idea."

"Well too bad because that's what I did! I gave them Chris Jones in exchange. Now go out there and coach, big guy!"
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-26-2017, 05:42 PM   #414
Unsparing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochise View Post
According to Hunt, he had no idea he was going to fire Dorsey until this summer. So I don't think Hunt let Ballard walk away out of animus toward him. Why Hunt would have let the top candidate around the league walk away? Simple, because his decision to fire Dorsey was made relatively suddenly and he didn't know it was coming when Ballard left.

As far as Veach goes, he'll never truly be Reid's peer because Hunt is ceding more and more control of the franchise over to Reid. Normally the head coach would be responsible to the GM and the GM responsible for all aspects of football to the owner. But with the coaching staff out of his control he's not really a full GM, not as much of a GM as others around the league are, at any rate.

Perhaps any General Manager position is an attractive job, but being a full GM instead of a junior one would certainly be preferable, and working for an owner that doesn't replace GMs every 3 or 4 years would be desirable too.
Standard Idiot Reply:

"Well, as long as we're winning( i.e. regular season ninjas ), WHO CARES"?!?!?
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-26-2017, 05:54 PM   #415
Unsparing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOp View Post

Dorsey is going to build another team.. and win a SB...Reid is going to have his feel good locker room.
Quote:
Gross, fake...and shallow.

NFL is going to eat itself...
Hot DAMN you are on a roll today.
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-26-2017, 08:29 PM   #416
Beyond the Rapids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate View Post
Standard Idiot Reply:

"Well, as long as we're winning( i.e. regular season ninjas ), WHO CARES"?!?!?
If the main thing you care about is a high winning percentage in the regular season, then Andy Reid is probably your guy.
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2017, 12:30 AM   #417
MVP

Quote:
Hot DAMN you are on a roll today.
No roll....my take away from this bureaucratic tug-of-war is Reid is a liar/ego maniac and just forced out the best GM KC has seen in my lifetime...and CHunt is a spineless turd who just gave the keys to his inherited franchise to his surrogate father figure. I haven't said anything negative about Reid (since he came here) until this went down...but I've realized, I dont really like him. Creepy-ass Mormon phony...always trying to act oblivious/ignorant to internal goings-on..."That's Dorse..I dont mess with that". Yeah right...

This whole "They report separately to me" system was horsehit...they never had equal footing.

Meh...there is a reason this team hasn't done shit in 50 years. I shouldn't be surprised. Chiefs just got a lot worse....at least the entitled brats in the LR can rejoice in the fact that "almost" is always good enough for KC...without fear of being held accountable.

This whole scenario makes me appreciate Belichick and his system that much more....there wouldn't be any hurt "feels" over cutting a 12.4 million, 2 td WR. They are in the business of winning championships...Reid has a happy, "feel good" locker-room that chokes when the lights are on. (how many dropped passes against Pittsburgh...Colts historic comeback)

"Almost Good Enough" should be the banners at training camp....or "We'll Get'em Next Time"

Last edited by BlackOp; 07-27-2017 at 01:21 AM..
BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2017, 12:50 AM   #418
MVP

Quote:
Judging from Reids emotionless tone on discussing Dorsey...I would say he definitely "daggared" him. CHunt was clueless there were any issues until recently. I wish someone would have asked if they have spoken since he was fired.

Reid was hired first then brought Dorsey on board...when it was time to sign an extension, he wanted someone else. There was power struggle going on...and Andy didn't like how he handled personnel decisions. Hunt had no clue..

The crap about Dorsey being unorganized is BS. They had to invent a reason other than Reid didn't want to work with him anymore...
Everything has to be a conspiracy to you.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 07-27-2017, 01:11 AM   #419
Unsparing

Quote:
No roll....my take away from this bureaucratic tug-of-war is Reid is a liar/ego maniac and just forced out the best GM KC has seen in my lifetime...and CHunt is a spineless turd who just gave the keys to his inherited franchise to his surrogate father figure. I haven't said anything negative about Reid (since he came here) until this went down...but I've realized, I dont really like him. Creepy-ass Mormon phony...always trying to act oblivious/ignorant to internal goings-on..."That's Dorse..I dont mess with that". Yeah right...

This whole "They report separately to me" system was horsehit...they never had equal footing.

Meh...there is a reason this team hasn't done shit in 50 years. I shouldn't be surprised. Chiefs just got a lot worse....at least the entitled brats in the LR can rejoice in the fact that "almost" is always good enough for KC...without fear of being held accountable.

This whole scenario makes me appreciate Belichick and his system that much more....there wouldn't be any hurt "feels" over cutting a 12.4 million, 2 td WR. They are in the business of winning championships...Reid has a happy, "feel good" locker-room that chokes when the lights on.
Agreed.
Old 07-27-2017, 01:28 AM   #420
MVP

Quote:
Agreed.
This whole play-out reeks of amateur hour ownership... You dont fire your highly successful GM on your HC's whims.