Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-29-2020, 07:43 PM   #13546
testing ... 1, 2, 3

Prior to this virus, how many people died in NY each day?

Some sort of baseline would be useful.

FAX
FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-29-2020, 07:45 PM   #13547
I love your mom

This thread is actually less pessimistic than the game day threads so we are doing better lol.

Last edited by Monticore; 03-29-2020 at 07:54 PM..
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 03-29-2020, 07:46 PM   #13548
www.nfl-forecast.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
I don't recall any epidemiologist throwing such numbers around previously.
13/18 epidemiologists in this panel put their mean projected US death toll in 2020 at 100K or greater. A week before the same panel was projecting only a slightly smaller death toll.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...still-unclear/
cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-29-2020, 07:46 PM   #13549
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAX View Post

FAX
Not as many as you'd like dude. So keep praying in between handfulls of Cheeto's.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-29-2020, 07:47 PM   #13550
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
I'm gonna ask a personal question - just for some light discussion.

My girlfriend and I live together with her 2 kids. She works full time as a manager at Target. Her work recently has been working to unload their truck shipments and get the items on the shelves. She has very little contact with actual customers. She is being very careful about washing her hands, not touching her face, etc.

I work for a company that provides care for individuals with developmental disabilities. I work 20 hrs in office, and 20 hrs at home. I am in the homes I oversee once or twice a week, but not for very long. I don't see very many people on a daily basis.

The kids have it the worst. They're stuck at home. (They have YouTube, video games, etc). But they want to go outside and play. We've been taking them out to areas where there aren't many people around to ensure they are healthy too.

Are there any other precautions we should be taking? We have been dining out (picking up) at local restaurants a lot, but not getting out of the house any more than that. Going to the grocery store I guess but that's it.
That sounds like about all you can do. Keep the kids away from other kids.

get the kids to have some structure when they "go back to school"
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 07:49 PM   #13551
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAX View Post

FAX
A lot, dude. People are forgetting about those "life goes on" type moments like heart attacks, gun shots, strokes, car wrecks, the flu, diabetes, cancer, natural causes, etc.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 07:49 PM   #13552
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
13/18 epidemiologists in this panel put their mean projected US death toll in 2020 at 100K or greater. A week before the same panel was projecting only a slightly smaller death toll.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...still-unclear/
Right, and the poster claimed this:

100-200k is significantly less than some scary numbers that were thrown around

Nevermind, I read the link. Jeez.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-29-2020, 07:50 PM   #13553
testing ... 1, 2, 3

I am clean out of Cheetos.

At 2:00am this morning, I found myself thinking of ingesting an orange pool noodle.

FAX
FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-29-2020, 07:53 PM   #13554
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Trump concedes US coronavirus death toll could be 100,000 or more

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/29/polit...rus/index.html
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-29-2020, 07:53 PM   #13555
"Think BOOM!"

I remember once having a discussion here about which Cheetos are superior:

Crunchy or Puffs.

I was horrified by the results.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-29-2020, 07:56 PM   #13556
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
I remember once having a discussion here about which Cheetos are superior:

Crunchy or Puffs.

I was horrified by the results.
Crunchy to think otherwise would be idiotic.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 03-29-2020, 07:56 PM   #13557
testing ... 1, 2, 3

It is my firm belief that the Cheetos people sweep up the orange dust at the end of each shift then put the orange dust in little paper packets that are then included in the Kraft Mac & Cheese box.

Prove me wrong.

FAX
Old 03-29-2020, 07:57 PM   #13558
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
Crunchy to think otherwise would be idiotic.
I weep for humanity.
Old 03-29-2020, 07:59 PM   #13559
Reset

Thought this was interesting and didn’t see it posted

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dr-jon-...rus-infection/

Quote:
I hope you're all holding up as well as possible during this pandemic of COVID-19. I want to talk to you today about something that's been on my mind. I think it's very important, but it's not getting enough attention, and it has to do with testing.

I'm not talking about the nasal or throat swab that looks for evidence of active infection. I'm talking about something totally different. It's called a serology or antibody test. It's a simple blood test that looks for evidence of past infection.

Now, why is that so important? Well, it's very likely that a lot of us have already been infected with the coronavirus without even realizing it. We had few symptoms, or we had no symptoms.

And the reason why that's so important is that if we've already been infected, then the likelihood is, we have immunity. We're protected from further infection, at least for a few years if this is acting like other viruses have been in the past.

Well, those are people who could potentially go back to the front lines, to the workforce.

We're talking right now about this friction between "saving" the economy and treating COVID-19.

Well, we should be able to get our arms around both.

Technically, this is not hard to do. It's very similar to the kind of tests that's done all the time, looking for immunity to things like measles, mumps and rubella. But we have to want to do it. And we have to want to do it now.

That means cutting red tape. Adequately funding it, basically prioritizing it. It's not only important for figuring out who among us is adequately protected and can go back to work; don't we all want to know if we've already been infected and can just go about our daily lives?

And not only that, it's going to give us a better idea of community spread; how widely is the coronavirus spread throughout the country.

Finally, I know this is a very rough time. Our lives have been turned upside-down, and it's taxing every which way: physically, economically, emotionally. And I'm not trying to sugarcoat this. But remember about 80 percent of the time, people have relatively mild cases.

And I know I've said this before, but I've gotta repeat it again: This is going to have a beginning, a middle, and an end. We are going to get through this, I promise, and we're going to get through it together.
2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 08:00 PM   #13560
Banned

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-DZXUuPtx2...2Bfor%2Bit.gif

You just missed Maria Carey. Elton John on now.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.