Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-24-2024, 07:24 AM   Topic Starter
MVP

2024 What I Expect Mock

What I want and what I expect are always two different things so I'll give my best thoughts on it here...

1.032 | OT Kingsley Suamataia, Brigham Young (6'5" 326, 5.04, Age 21)

He is the mold athletically when you design a LT but he needs a large dose of technique refinement before he starts.

At the end of the day, the second most important position on the team is LT and there really isn't an argument otherwise. Veach will do everything in his power to ensure he gets protection for Patrick Mahomes' blind side. I don't personally think Suamataia is ready on day 1, but he can be serviceable if he can get some technique stuff down in camp.

2.050 | WR Troy Franklin, Oregon (6'2" 176, 4.41, Age 21)
Trade with PHI for 2025 3rd f/TEN

A move Z that runs good routes, can take the top off, can go up and get it in traffic, and makes yards after the catch but you're just going to live with a few drops.

My personal thoughts be damned, the consensus seems to be Franklin will slide into the middle of round 2. He's one of the few WRs the Chiefs actually spent time with at the Combine and he fits the role vacated by MVS in spades.

3.095 | TE Jared Wiley, Texas Christian (6'6" 249, 4.62, Age 23)

Good blocker with excellent ball skills who can stretch the seams but needs to work on creating functional space in his routes and in zones.

Veach has kicked the tires on just about every TE in this draft so I'd find it hard to believe he won't take one early on. Wiley is the most Kelce-like TE I see in this class but I'd have a watchful eye on Erick All if he cleared the Chiefs' medicals.

4.131 | CB Decamarion Richardson - Mississippi State (6'2" 188, 4.34, Age 23)

Fast and quick press corner who is excellent in run support but has problems finding the football downfield.

It's almost a guarantee that Veach will spend a day 3 pick on a defensive back, whether that's safety or corner. I think you have to look for the prospects who provide that long, fast, physical type he covets.

5.159 | LB Ty'Ron Hopper - Missouri (6'2" 231, 4.68, Age 23)

Dynamic blitzer and a quick closer from backside pursuit with adequate play in zone coverage.

I don't have LB high on the list of immediate needs but improving depth wouldn't be a bad thing. We saw last year how important it was to be four deep at the position and I don't think we're there yet.

5.173 | RB Rasheen Ali - Marshall (5'11" 206, Age 23)

Home-run threat when he finds a crease and excels in the run and the passing game but must improve his ball security.

A RB that can catch passes out of the backfield is paramount this offseason. I don't think Veach will press the issue but if a diamond falls he likes he's going to pounce. Ali has starter-caliber traits and production from the position in both phases.

7.221 | DT Jowon Briggs - Cincinnati (6'1" 313, 5.00, Age 23)

Compact, strong, and quick into his gap similar to Khalen Saunders coming out.

At some point, I think Veach will swing on a 1-tech type but I don't see it being overly early. Briggs has quite a few traits Veach has taken in the past so I see this as an ideal fit.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.