Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:44 AM   #15241
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
2 weeks of being inside will do that to people, it will only get worse
shit i dont stay inside...

we go drive in the sticks everyday.
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:45 AM   #15242
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
Population studies during the SARS outbreak demonstrated that medical masks offered a significant protective benefit from infection.
If everyone was wearing one it would offer global protection because all the infected people are wearing them. A surgical mask gets moist after maybe an hour maybe less then it loses its protection and can even be worse, an n95 loses its effectiveness after around 7-8 hours depending on user.

I am just going with the info our hospital is giving us .
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 08:45 AM   #15243
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
2 weeks of being inside will do that to people, it will only get worse
I went for a 5 mile walk last night this weather has been absolutely amazing. It's been a nice staycation.
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:46 AM   #15244
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAUTO View Post
the issue with what you've been saying about just keep firing rounds is that you wouldnt be firing bullets, they are people's lives. not bullets.
I'm not saying hurl bodies into the grinder either.

I'm saying target your shutdowns and slowdowns. Moreover, I'm also saying that I simply don't see a way that those lives aren't going to be impacted over a 3-6 month timeline anyway.

Do you? What's your actual 3 month plan here? 6 month plan?

Do you really think we can simply ask an entire country to do nothing for 6 months? We'll have 50% unemployment. Oh, and then we'll have cold/flu season, which will further tax respiratory demand. And eventually we'll still have the spread. It will still get to them, just as its getting to China now.

Tell me what your end game is.

Mine remains the idea of Variolation. You have GOT to isolate the most vulnerable and find means to keep them isolated. And in the meantime you have to be able to slow the spread through reducing your N of eligible carriers (that's why recoveries matters). A vaccine isn't coming in a meaningful period of time so that's not how it's going to happen.

By exposing younger/healthier populations to smaller doses of it through maintining reasonable social distancing, you allow antibodies to attack a smaller initial viral load, you reduce the more severe cases and you create an ever increasing population of people who can now withstand exposure.

In so doing you HEAVILY reduce the R0, exponential spread effectively dies on the vine and now you ARE dealing with something that travels at rates similar to seasonal flu. And if you can get there by October, you have a fighting chance through the winter months.

But man if you just try to hold this wall back indefinitely, we are ****ED when the pressure just becomes too much.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:46 AM   #15245
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgrund View Post
After all of this you are still taking China's word?! Of course it is due to "outsiders coming in". They had it all taken care of until others came back. This could very well be the case, but knowing that Communists almost always lie, I also would believe they are just saying it is coming from the outside to make them look better.
Not a chance China continue their bullshit from November and not pay dearly.
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:46 AM   #15246
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I DID! I even said the suggested 'worst case scenario' of 20% unemployment was unrealistic and we would likely see worse.

Your complete inability to ****ing read anything I say and then opine on it anyway is truly remarkable.

And by all means, point out where I said anything along the lines of 'don't practice social distancing'. Never said it even once. Never said anything approaching it.

You simply refuse to read anything and then argue against your straw man version of it.

This was an OBVIOUS outcome to anyone that would actually sit back and review everything instead of scream 'JUST STAY INSIDE!!!!' without thinking about its consequences.
I don't like reading your posts because you come off as a condescending asshole in most of them. No offence.
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 08:49 AM   #15247
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
How the **** can you say that? you dont know...
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan View Post
Maybe he gets his data from the Georgia Gov...
this was a discussion about the 46 Americans that are asymptomatic that live in Florida. Both the cruise lines, the people and the govenor agree they show no symptoms. They are not sick.

You act like I was saying I personally had the military fly me out to the cruise ship. Checked them all out personally. Flew back in and gave my report to Chiefs planet?

Moot point, they are all getting off now.

I’ll not be responding to either one of your posts in the future. They seem to only have one negative purpose. There’s is enough negativity and bad shit happening all over the world. I’ll not participate in your posts that serve no purpose.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:51 AM   #15248
Inmem 2.0

This thread has turned into a brawl lol
Old 04-02-2020, 08:51 AM   #15249
20 Menthol KOOLs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
lol I'm sorry, bro. I've told you this shit before. Your disposition is just SO far from endearing. It's insane.. and I know you're so jaded you don't even really care how you come off, but I seriously have to wonder about your mental health.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:52 AM   #15250
In Search of a Life

You can only hold back for so long. At some point, you can't keep everything locked down. We're buying time. You can only buy so much.

The end game here is a percent of the population gets this and either survives to become immune or doesn't.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:53 AM   #15251
MVP

Quote:
i mean hell where is the wall celebrating everyone that came back from vietnam alive? ww2? ww1?

there arent any that im aware of. there's probably a reason for that
SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:53 AM   #15252

Quote:
vital information that im SURE the people that need it have. why does pete need to spend every day crying about the media not talking about it?

and with the # of asymptomatic (who knows how many) people out there walking around i'm not sure the recovered rate even means anything at this point towards knowing if the carrier pool is being reduced.

we wont know that until they actually do mass testing. THATS whats going to tell us what we really need to know
Yeah, it'll help signficantly.

But there's something of a specious driver here (I'm pretty sure I'm using that term correctly) in our fog of war.

Let's say that our unknown asymptomatic carrier population is massive - okay, then our pool of unknown 'recovered' parties is also probably pretty massive - right? Now let's say we actually don't have as many unknown asymptomatic carriers as we thought we might - well then the unknown recovered carriers will also be reduced accordingly.

So what I'm saying is that the unknowns are going to change raw numbers...but will they truly change ratios significantly? Will they change the shape of the graph or merely where we are on it? I think they'll change its shape somewhat, but what they'll really change is where we sit on it.

But in either event, our behaviors probably shouldn't change a lot until we see negative growth rates. So in that sense, I think 'known recoveries among confirmed cases' gives us a fair proxy for determining how much stock we can put in those rates. It gives us numbers we can attempt to scale up or down in placing ourselves in the model, but maybe doesn't fundamentally alter the models themselves.

I simply don't think its throwaway information. And I do think it's being under-reported but I'm also past expecting any kind of evenhanded approach from a media that knows that tragedy yields ratings.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:54 AM   #15253
20 Menthol KOOLs

DJLN is definitely a smug douche but at least he explains his stance. I never leave a thread wondering how he feels about something because he's already posted a ****ing dissertation.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:54 AM   #15254

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy View Post
I don't like reading your posts because you come off as a condescending asshole in most of them. No offence.
And yet you continue to respond as though you have any idea what's actually in them.

Interesting tact.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 08:54 AM   #15255
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
You can only hold back for so long. At some point, you can't keep everything locked down. We're buying time. You can only buy so much.

The end game here is a percent of the population gets this and either survives to become immune or doesn't.
Yeah and you better have a plan for when you end this lock down. I shared my idea.

It seems we really had no plan initially when this all statted.