Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-18-2015, 09:43 AM  
left blank intentionally

Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach

Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce ****ing Arians and Tom ****ing Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.

Last edited by rabblerouser; 02-12-2021 at 01:34 PM..
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-21-2018, 11:11 AM   #1426
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale View Post
Andy Reid's inability to manage a clock late in the game (or half really) has followed him through 2 teams and several OC's and QB's.

All you can really hope for is that Mahomes changes that. Great QB's can cover up this wart. I'm way past blaming anyone else for his awful time mismanagement.
'Snap the ****ing BALL, Brodie!"
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-21-2018, 11:17 AM   #1427
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superturtle View Post
But he would.
Why do you think that? Reid is great in creating new plays but that play rolling out your QB on fourth down and goal in the SuperBowl was brass balls...really don't think Reid would do that. Pederson would have been nailed to the cross had that failed. Like I said, the Poe pass play was awesome...and wasted when we already had the game won...and running the play was no risk to Reid. Maybe Reid will surprise me this year; like I said, aside from his game day snafus from time to time, I think he's a great head coach.
fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 09-21-2018, 11:20 AM   #1428
The man you could post like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan4ever View Post
Why do you think that? Reid is great in creating new plays but that play rolling out your QB on fourth down and goal in the SuperBowl was brass balls...really don't think Reid would do that. Pederson would have been nailed to the cross had that failed. Like I said, the Poe pass play was awesome...and wasted when we already had the game won...and running the play was no risk to Reid. Maybe Reid will surprise me this year; like I said, aside from his game day snafus from time to time, I think he's a great head coach.
He has had no problem having players like Kelce and Hill throw the ball before. It's all about misdirection and confusing the defense just long enough, and Andy Reid is a mastermind at that.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-21-2018, 11:25 AM   #1429
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superturtle View Post
He has had no problem having players like Kelce and Hill throw the ball before. It's all about misdirection and confusing the defense just long enough, and Andy Reid is a mastermind at that.
I think he's very innovative...but that call in the SuperBowl I don't think you'd find 3 coaches who'd go with that...including Andy...just sayin'...not necessarily a knock as much as an observation.
fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.fan4ever has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 09-21-2018, 11:27 AM   #1430
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale View Post
Andy Reid's inability to manage a clock late in the game (or half really) has followed him through 2 teams and several OC's and QB's.

All you can really hope for is that Mahomes changes that. Great QB's can cover up this wart. I'm way past blaming anyone else for his awful time mismanagement.
That's my hope too. Mahomes has been fantastic at working within the framework of the offense. Good way to start a career. The real magic happens as he gets better and better at improvising. When reid dials up a dumb play, mahomes can check out of the play. McNabb did that somewhat and think we can't underplay how much McNabb may have helped Reid not beat himself. I can see do mahomes do that but much much better (McNabb wasn't great at reading defenses. Just good at improvising)
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-21-2018, 11:28 AM   #1431
"You like to drink?"

Would Reid dial up the 'Philly Special' during the course of a game? Sure.

Would he dial it up during a Super Bowl? Maybe

Would he dial it up on that down and distance during a Super Bowl right before half time? No way.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-21-2018, 11:29 AM   #1432
Bring it on Ahab!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
That's my hope too. Mahomes has been fantastic at working within the framework of the offense. Good way to start a career. The real magic happens as he gets better and better at improvising. When reid dials up a dumb play, mahomes can check out of the play. McNabb did that somewhat and think we can't underplay how much McNabb may have helped Reid not beat himself. I can see do mahomes do that but much much better (McNabb wasn't great at reading defenses. Just good at improvising)
McNabb?

The guy who ran out the clock in overtime and then proclaimed he didn't know NFL games could end in a tie? It was like his 10th season too. He had PLAYED in tie games!

I don't agree. I think McNabb's equal incompetence in this category sabotaged several SB worthy teams. I'll never know who to blame more. McNabb for simply never being anywhere near as good as Reid made him look, or Reid for being so good at everything and completely failing at something most 10 years olds with experience playing Madden can do better.

Reid is a great coach with an absolutely cripping weakness. It's like if Superman's weakness was water instead of Kryptonite.
WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 12:24 PM   #1433
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
You're forgetting the context from the original point; that Reid would never call that play Pederson called in the SuperBowl...hang in there buddy...you might catch up eventually.
So for 2nd time in the last, like, 15 posts you're just going to say something categorically false in support of a nonsensical narrative and then just hand-waive it when you get called on it, eh?

Eh, when you find something egregiously stupid, you stick with it. I'm pretty sure I read that on the bottom of a snapple lid once.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-21-2018, 12:28 PM   #1434
Hockey Town

Very very few QB's are going to just change a play just cause...Favre did it a ton.

There were several stories after the fact of how often Favre was changing Childress' plays in Minnesota and even though they were winning and looking good it was pissing Childress off to no end because well that's how HCs are, control freaks.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-21-2018, 12:38 PM
fan4ever
This message has been deleted by fan4ever.
Old 09-21-2018, 12:46 PM   #1435
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
So for 2nd time in the last, like, 15 posts you're just going to say something categorically false in support of a nonsensical narrative and then just hand-waive it when you get called on it, eh?

Eh, when you find something egregiously stupid, you stick with it. I'm pretty sure I read that on the bottom of a snapple lid once.
Hmmm...false narrative...Reid being a poor clock manager? That's the false narrative of which you speak?
Old 09-21-2018, 01:16 PM   #1436
Diablo Negro

Quote:
You're forgetting the context from the original point; that Reid would never call that play Pederson called in the SuperBowl...hang in there buddy...you might catch up eventually.
Reid calls plays like that all the Goddamn time you moron.

We had a RB throw a pick before Smith did last season
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-21-2018, 01:18 PM   #1437
The man you could post like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post

Seriously. I wish he'd knock the shit off myself. Misdirection at the goal line is fine but the only player who should be throwing the football is Mahomes.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-21-2018, 01:23 PM   #1438
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Hmmm...false narrative...Reid being a poor clock manager? That's the false narrative of which you speak?
The first was that he was trying to keep Brady from having time and that he mangled the Patriots game somehow. The second was that he won't try 'creative' concepts at key moments.

You just keep creating your own facts and then ignoring it when they get fed to you. In an absolute must score situation from the 2, he drew up a play that isolated his #2 TE and the play worked. You, being an idiot, evidently forgot that part when you were rambling about how he should've converted before the penalty (y'know, when he did). Then you moved the goalposts, then you just...ignored whatever it was you were yapping about to begin with.

You're just not very good at this. Chiefzilla is wrong but he's at least generally cogent. You, OTOH, just aren't making any sense at all.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-21-2018, 01:25 PM   #1439
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post

Well actually since I've been talking about running a play like that in the SuperBowl, yeah...he doesn't run plays like that. And try to be civil; while name calling might make you think you're winning an argument in truth it just makes you look infantile.
Old 09-21-2018, 01:28 PM   #1440
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
The first was that he was trying to keep Brady from having time and that he mangled the Patriots game somehow. The second was that he won't try 'creative' concepts at key moments.

You just keep creating your own facts and then ignoring it when they get fed to you. In an absolute must score situation from the 2, he drew up a play that isolated his #2 TE and the play worked. You, being an idiot, evidently forgot that part when you were rambling about how he should've converted before the penalty (y'know, when he did). Then you moved the goalposts, then you just...ignored whatever it was you were yapping about to begin with.

You're just not very good at this. Chiefzilla is wrong but he's at least generally cogent. You, OTOH, just aren't making any sense at all.
No...I"ve read what you've posted and I even remember Collin Cowheard supporting Reid's decision in that game. I just think it was far fetched thinking. So let me go here; say my criticism of the NE game is flawed...do you think Reid is good at clock management?